over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Prayers for a brother of mine

My condolences brother, we are here for you.

Can i respectfully ask what quality of life changes you endured that make dialysis and kidney transplant not worth it for you?

I ask as a clinician myself, this kind of information really helps me improve myself as a professional to help patients better, but also for the guys on here to learn more about the condition and consequences. This kind of first hand experience is invaluable to us.

I'm not sure how to answer that question considering it has been over 7 years of continuous complete hell. My body reacts/responds very differently than most to normal medical protocols. Our medical system sucks and is so stuck on "standard protocols" that they don't use logic or common sense to foresee problems or know how to adapt when they occur. In addition, the doctors do not communicate with the patient and do not listen to them. While a large part of my experience was at Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, it was the same at every hospital/doctor outside of there as well; so it was more widespread than just a bad doctor or 2. My wife created a FB page and started documenting my journey in 2018. If you are interested, the link is:

If you have the time to read it, everything I said will make a lot more sense and you can see what the quality of my life has been like.

Nope. I don’t know why you’d just jump to that conclusion when I stated earlier that The main factor they think was IGA nephropathy. Like I said he was diagnosed with about 30 years ago. The gear , lots of red meats and other things didn’t help.
Nephropathy is a real bitch my dad was.diagnosed and five years later he was.fully disabled due to pain. After about 7 years of that he would have his feet partially amputated and I one leg it just never healed and then the wound turned black. So they would just amputate a little more every so often. The real kicker was when his fingers started to turn black and they didn't think he would survive the surgery so that was when he decided do go on hospice. I had taken some time.off work to take.care.of him and really got to know him. Best and worst thing I have ever done. Nephropathy is horriable so even if your friend went on dialysis and got a new kidney he could very well be housebound or.worse.in a.home and just would be doped up on pills everyday. While I.understand your frustration with but I've also seen the other side of.that.

Nope. I don’t know why you’d just jump to that conclusion when I stated earlier that The main factor they think was IGA nephropathy. Like I said he was diagnosed with about 30 years ago. The gear , lots of red meats and other things didn’t help.

got it.

i wonder if this is the fate Cbum is looking at eventually

Hes going through renal failure at the moment. He’s been in the iron game hardcore for about 30 years. He’s actually one of the guys who got me into the game wanting to get big as possible. Sad to see somebody going through something like this especially when you’re so close to them. One of the most solid loyal friends that I’ve ever had. The docs recommended that he do dialysis but he opted against doing that for his own personal reasons. He’s to the point where he has no energy at all and his feet are swollen up like balloons. I know some of you probably don’t believe in prayer but the ones who do could could you say a prayer for my brother please. Also if you know of anybody who’s been through what he’s going through and know of anything he could do to help or get more comfortable let me know. 🙏🙏

I hate to hear that happen to anyone. Sending prayers to him and his family bro.

My condolences to everyone in this thread who is going thru or went thru these terrible health conditions. My heart goes out to you and I just hope that you find the beauty in life and find peace. Say what you need to say and do what you need to do. Life is so fragile always be grateful.

This post really hits home. I went into kidney failure over 7 1/2 years ago, had a kidney transplant 5 years ago; and wish I had never fought so hard and just given up. Ironically, this very second, I am in the exact same position as your friend; my GFR is 14, Bun around 100, and creatinine 4.64. I am actually getting ready to go on hospice any day right now. There is no way in hell I will ever do dialysis again or get another transplant. I understand 110% where your friend is coming from. Until you have walked in someone's shoe's who is going through this you cannot relate to the feeling. Dialysis and transplantation is an option for some people; but some people's body don't respond and it becomes a life of daily torture.

Despite my experience, I would recommend that your friend at least try dialysis and see how his body reacts. If its not for him, he can then stop and go on hospice. The bottom line, is there is no point in living if you can't have quality of life and are miserable. At least with hospice they can make him comfortable so he doesn't suffer on his way out.
I am sorry to hear what you are going through and what you have went through. If it happens to me, I am going to do the same thing you are doing.

Thanks for all the support brothers. I went and saw him earlier. They have already called hospice in. They are just trying to get/keep him comfortable. It’s hard to see him this way. He’s the type of guy who’s hardcore and has always been that way. Never really has shown emotions like being sad or telling people he loves them etc. But In the last couples days he told he loved me and gave me a hug. That Really meant a lot and had me all
Choked up. With that being said we never know when our life is coming to an end and we just need to try our best to live our life to the fullest.

This post really hits home. I went into kidney failure over 7 1/2 years ago, had a kidney transplant 5 years ago; and wish I had never fought so hard and just given up. Ironically, this very second, I am in the exact same position as your friend; my GFR is 14, Bun around 100, and creatinine 4.64. I am actually getting ready to go on hospice any day right now. There is no way in hell I will ever do dialysis again or get another transplant. I understand 110% where your friend is coming from. Until you have walked in someone's shoe's who is going through this you cannot relate to the feeling. Dialysis and transplantation is an option for some people; but some people's body don't respond and it becomes a life of daily torture.

Despite my experience, I would recommend that your friend at least try dialysis and see how his body reacts. If its not for him, he can then stop and go on hospice. The bottom line, is there is no point in living if you can't have quality of life and are miserable. At least with hospice they can make him comfortable so he doesn't suffer on his way out.
He’s 1000% not doing dialysis. He is set on that for sure. He said he just wants to be comfortable and that’s his choice and I back him 100% either way.

How old is your buddy if you don’t mind me asking?

How old is your buddy if you don’t mind me asking?
Early 50s…. And someone earlier did mention high blood pressure could’ve been the main cause. I think the main cause of his kidney failure was a combo of high blood pressure for years and the genetic kidney disease he has. I’m a pretty young guy and I’m glad I started a couple years ago on telmisartan to control my blood pressure best as possible and also I get regular blood work, ekgs, echos to try to stay as healthy as possible. And not that this matters now for him but I will be honest my good friend didn’t take the best precautions with his health. He just seems so unreal to see him in this condition though it breaks my heart. He was a monster not long ago at all. He was 265lbs with very visible abs. He told me the other night though that he doesn’t regret anything as far as what he did with gear etc.

I'm not sure how to answer that question considering it has been over 7 years of continuous complete hell. My body reacts/responds very differently than most to normal medical protocols. Our medical system sucks and is so stuck on "standard protocols" that they don't use logic or common sense to foresee problems or know how to adapt when they occur. In addition, the doctors do not communicate with the patient and do not listen to them. While a large part of my experience was at Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, it was the same at every hospital/doctor outside of there as well; so it was more widespread than just a bad doctor or 2. My wife created a FB page and started documenting my journey in 2018. If you are interested, the link is:

If you have the time to read it, everything I said will make a lot more sense and you can see what the quality of my life has been like.
Wow man, you have been through a lot of shit, I am amazed at your strength!

this thread.

eye opening
scary

all the guys in our late 40's early 50's are the first generation of the message boards and the internet and reality seems like its beginning to rear its ugly head on a lot of us.

Wow I remember a lot of your older posts. Holy smokes brother. I am sorry to hear this. Take care man.

Is Maldorf still around?

yep. He’s dead set on not doing dialysis. I’ve tried over and over to talk him into it. He’s not going for it. It’s sad as hell like I said to see such a good friend especially go down hill so quick
Bostin Loyd was the same way too, he refused to do dialysis and kept on doing stupid things with drugs and he died at 29 years, sad but eye opening.

Wow brother Im so sorry to hear this but never give up on yourself and keep pushing forward, you've been in this game for a long time now and you know the famous quote "What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger" You're alive and that's the most important thing so never ever give up.

I had an uncle do dialysis until he said it made him feel so shitty he just.couldn't take it.anymore and went.on hospice. I understand why someone would choose not to go on it. Wishing you and your.family well!

Prayers for him. 🙏

Dialysis will basically replace the function of his kidneys and filter his blood. It can keep him alive and well for years to come, otherwise, he will not have long to live.

I think i heard rumors that Bostin Loyd declined dialysis too, and that will kill you very fast since essentially you are trying to live without kidneys.

I would strongly urge him to consider the dialysis because kidney failure is not a death sentence and you can live quality years with dialysis three times per week, otherwise, he will leave us soon

For anyone reading this:

You can fully prevent kidney failure by controlling your blood pressure (and blood sugar if you are diabetic). It is completely preventable except for the rarest of cases (mechanical injury to both kidneys like car accidents or autoimmune/viral attack). Keep your BP in check and you will prevent most of these maladies.

If he decides to consider dialysis, let him know he wants HIGH protein diet not the low protein renal diet that is prescribed at the onset of renal failure.

Dialysis filters out the bad stuff and some of the good stuff out of your blood, including proteins, vitamins and minerals, so you want a high protein diet, a high quality multivitamin and mineral regimen and supplement iron as the kidneys are responsible for producing EPO and signalling red blood cell production from bone marrow, anemia is extremely common with end stage kidney failure.
You are a good friend to your boy and mentor much respect for that. I allow my blood pressure to get out of hand at times and catching your post today was another reminder that changes need to be made in my life. Its appreciated you took your time to post this brother

I’m glad I got to see him last night and tell him how much he meant to me one last time. My good friend and brother in iron past away tonight. He was a true warrior in the gym and out. It hurts that he’s no longer on this earth anymore but atleast he’s no longer suffering. Guys life is so short but it’s up to us to live it to the fullest.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131