over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Full body workouts, 3 days a week

BALDNAZI

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have been clean for months now and decide to change up my routine.I wanted to keep my strength up and try to keep as much mass as possible,if not add some as well.I had been reading up on HST workouts,Lats and Magoos ideas,Doggcrap,and also Phils theories.They all have the same basic philosophy....Hit the muscle as often as possible.As soon as recovery has taken place,hit it again.No need to wait an entire week before training the bodypart again.It takes about 48 hours to be fully recovered according to what I read so I decided to hit the entire body Monday/Wednesday/Friday and rest on the weekends.The results have been awesome.Without any gear whatsoever,my strength is going through the roof,and Im putting on nice size.The routine looks like this...

Monday
Squat
BentRows
Incline Smith Machine press
DB Side laterals
Barbell curls
Tricep pushdowns
Calf raises
Abs

Wednesday
Deadlifts
Lat Pulldowns
Cable Flyes or Machine Flyes
Seated military press
Preacher curls on plate loaded machine
Close grip presses
Calf raises
Abs

Friday
Repeat Mondays workout but increase weights used or reps.

As you can see I do not do any direct leg work on Wednesday,but I feel like the Deads hit the entire lower body pretty well.Quads and especially hams along with lower back.Seems to be working because Fridays squat is always heavier then Mondays,and my reps are going up.

After warming up I do 2 worksets per bodypart,thats it.I go for 6-10 reps,depending on exercise and weight.I go to failure but not beyond.I want to kill it,but not interfere with my recovery.I try to rest about 2 mins between sets because Im going heavy,but the workout moves relatively quickly.

Its been a month and Im growing,I have a constant pump,and feel strong as hell.I will say that I need the extra 2 days recovery on the weekend,because that 3rd workout takes alot out of you.And when Monday comes around,I feel great and the workout has always been better then the last week.

Any thoughts or ideas on this type of training?I think its a great way of changing things up between HIT and high volume.

when i trained with hypertrophyguy we used to do something similar to that pretty hardcore...worked awesome i had a hard time not puking during training haha

It sounds great too me BaldNazi, and therefore I will be starting the same EXACT routine coming next Monday!!!! I will keep u informed on how it goes!!!!!!!!!!! Take Care

BS

That routine looks good Bald!

I might only through in one word of caution. Maybe your back can take it. I was looking at Mondays routine. The heavy barbell rows right after squats....my back is my strongest part....I have a short torso...and I never get back pain...BUT....THE ONE TIME I DID DING MYSELF...I HAD DONE HEAVY SQUATS TAKEN A DAY OFF AND DID HEAVY BARBELL ROWS....I HAD PLANNED TO GO LIGHT..BUT FELT STRONG...STARTED DOING SETS WITH THREE WHEELS ON EACH SIDE...ONLY ONE TWINGE HEELS CAME UP...BACK BENT OUT OF ARCH JUST FOR A SECOND....WHAM THE PAIN WAS INCREDIBLE...SANK TO MY KNEES ...COULDN'T EVEN TAKE A DEEP BREATH! I'D NEVER BEEN TO A CHIRO BEFORE THAT DAY....AT 35 YEARS OLD. NASTY SHIT...TAKE ABOUT 4 STEPS WALKING DOWN THE HALL AND HAD TO LEAN AGAINST THE LOCKERS....WENT TO THE CHIROPRACTOR AND GOT ADJUSTED...EVERYTHING WHACKED BACK IN AND I COULD BREATH AND THE PAIN WAS GONE.

All I am getting at is you might want to do your heavy chins on your heavy squat day. They are a great basic movement and will actually be beneficial after a brutal squat session!

Let me know what you think, Baldnazi!:)

Hey Vander,your so pretty and so awesome,why the fuck are you worried about my hamstrings?You agreed awhile ago to stay out of my threads,so take a walk pretty boy.By the way I squat more then you :)

Now to anyone who really wants to know about hamstrings,I get more then enough from the deads and squats.I actually have pretty good hams.But you could easily throw some leg curls in if you wanted.

BigSherm let me know how it goes.I think you will like it.Its brutal but not so much that you dread going to the gym,Its actually fun.

Jethro,my lower back seems to be able to take a beating.I have noticed that its a little hard to stabilize doing bent rows,legs all wobbly and shit.But I get through it fine with 315-365.I will definetly consider what you said though if it becomes a problem.

Hey Largeman,puking definetly comes into play when doing high rep squats,which I sometimes do after my 2 heavy sets.I love it.

Excellent Idea !

Great routine. You will not be disapointed. Fullbody routines work awsome.
Work the body as a whole and rest it as a whole.

You could get away with only training 2x a week and get the same results.
Training every 2 days.

Also no need for side laterals and flyes. You ussually get the best results with 6-8 basic movments.

Keep us posted with the results.
People are finally waking up!

RC

I've been on a very similar routine for the last 6 months or so and have had the best results. I don't go to failure tho to avoid overtraining, which used to be a problem for me. That's key to the HST philosophy. I continue to grow and like you my strength is through the roof.

Bald.... I think you have so much Meso in you that most anything you do is going to make you big... you peeps are so lucky... still even Meso's have to work their butt off and feel the injuries in their time...butttttttttttttt

I don't think that works well with us Ecto-Meso's. To much volume. For you dominate Ecto's here like me... remember... less more often is more.

For instance every other day
Leg/shoulders

Day off

Chest/tris

Day off

Back/bis

Day off

Start over

SS

If the routine is working then keep doing it. When it stops working, try something else. I'm sure you have realized that nothing works forever.

PB

I was doing a routine similar to that for a few weeks after I got off the powerlifting. It was actually working very well it seemed. But, I just have some weird mental thing that if I'm not completely demolishing one bodypart per day, then I'm not working hard enough....hmmm, maybe that's part of the problem I've been having with my tendons. I think I'm gonna try to get over my super high volume mentality and give that routine a try again. I did actually feel better when I was doing it. I seemed to be looking more shapely too, instead of blocky and bulky like with what I'm doing now.

Good luck with the routine BN in the past I have tried the couple excercises per body/whole body etc part thing 2 -3 times a week versus single body part routines. With your thickness and genetics I am sure whatever routine you follow as in the past by your pics you will grow. Just 3-4 days a week brief 35-45minn to failure routines work best for me keep us posted.

Bounce around the stage in underwear LOL

Nice1 bald brother :D

Meso

Hey Storm,I don't know about being a full meso.In my teens my shoulders were narrower then my hips,now they are one of my most impressive parts,thick and wide.Hard work pays off,Im probably more of an ecto-meso then you think.But thanks for the compliment.

Razorcuts,I have seen the light!LOL triaining often is the key

SDman,if overtraininng becomes a problem,I may cut it back to 2 days a week,split up the routine over 2 days,take a day off then repeat.Gives more rest.

PB of course,thats the way it works.As soon as I plateau on this I will adjust.Take a week off and hit it differently.

BBJ I agree,it gives a different look to my body.Rounder,my shape,full muscle bellies.I have a feeling we have similar bodytypes.

Massmonster,thanks for the compliments.Yea,your routine is something I have used often,and I think the key is to switch it up.

Moen my brother,love to make you guys laugh,haha..

Hey Iabadman,call me man.I PMed you my number motherfucker!!!

BN,

Hey bro, that looks like a great routine. Mine is close to yours. Ive been workin with phil and Im with you, it seems the strenth just keeps commin.

BTW looks like youve gained some mass since your last pics! Are you over 300lb yet? Looks like your close if not.

Peace

BN my old friend...

I hope things are going well for you. I haven't posted in awhile but I got a question for you. How is your strength on this routine compared to when you were on a full gear cycle? Also how does your body react to this type of training as far as fat vs muscle ratio? I know alot of that depends on diet but just curious. Excellent to hear you are responding so well to this. Thanks for your feedback bro.
Tom

I dont know but it seem lately all the tread are going with BS and insults
ps2ps,whats up with that?

It use to be a good informative bodybuilding board...

Lets bring it back to topic.

thank you

I really didn't see Vander's "hamstrings?" comment as being condescending, and I've had my share of run ins with him as well. Where the discussion went from there, I won't touch. Just my $.02

Looking THICK in the new pic BN. I train in the same manner and love it.

Tuff Program

BN,

That is a tuff routine on or off but if you respond well I say keep on truckin man. Send a pic or 2 if you can. What is your body weight now? U used to weigh in around 250. I still do single body part workouts but when I am on the road I go to a workout somewhat like yours. I like to change from time to time to give a shock to my body but it gets harder and harder now that I am over 40. Anyway, keep up the hard work and keep us posted on new progress.

wedge

hahha gotta love it!!! i think everyone should use this in a positive way, either it being you getting in better shape, training harder so you dont get something thrown in your face, or a bonding experience after its all said and done. haah :D :D

btw, good to see you back on the boards BN. i remember you had went through some tough times good to see you back training and posting again.

later,

my dad can beat up your dads

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner