over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

full fat Ground beef Vs 95% lean

Alexender

Registered
is it better to eat Full fat Ground beef.

Im on a low carb diet. Probably eating 50G carbs a day max.

I saw at the market its cheapest.

Just not sure.

As in like 80/20? Hamburger meat?

Lol I wouldn't. I do 90/10, sometimes 93/7 if it's on sale.

Buy what you can afford and then strain & rinse.

The 96/4 near me is cheaper than fattier beef so I use it.

Used to be my daily meal with low fat cheese and some bean/salsa/corn/pepper mix and taco seasoning. Can also add healthier fats to it if needed.

I would, If your on low carb diet you gonna need to get your calories somewhere.
Remember, low carb or ketogenic is NOT a low cal diet if you want to make any-type of gains.
I recommend red meat, its an excellent source of nutrition, the fat in it is SATURATED the same as coconut oil only with all kind of nutrients.
So , yes I would recommend ground red meat 80/20.

if you cook your higher fat ground beef by making burger patties then grill or fry them.....then put several layers of paper towels under the burgers and squeeze the extra fat out of them....they will be as lean as the 96% beef is....or pretty close anyway.

Need the fat.

Your going to need the fat to keep you going in more ways than one. If you know what I mean.

In the end, if you cook and hot rinse the final product the fat content ends up pretty much the same.
You'll notice when you cook the 95% lean that there is much less fat to pour off before you rinse.
It would be interesting to start with exactly a pound of each, cook, rinse and weight-again after preparation.
If you're buying high-quality grass-fed beef, you're paying for better quality fat. why pour it away....?

The only thing I don't like about the hamburger with more fat is how much it wants to start a fire on the grill. The fat dripping down causes so many flames that the burger burns easily. I do think though that when you grill it, much of the fat ends up dripping down so that you don't consume it anyhow.

Id personally buy 96/4 or 93/7 and add healthy fats. You couldnt pay me to eat 80/20. Draining that shit alone would be a turn off.

96/4 + 15g Ghee
94/4 + 50g cashews/15g mac nut oil.

Sounds a lot better to me.

I only buy good quality mince. I would rather add in fats from other sources than bad cheap stuff. Although that doesn't mean I buy low fat as the ones I have been buying recently are 12% fat and organic and cost me about $11 for approx 400g. That has done me for my 2 beef meals daily the last few days but I will also swop over to steak some days.

I realize most of you guys are on gear, is that why you eat Low fat protein source??? The gear + High intake of fat = Disaster?

Am i Understand right?

Im not on gear but on low carb diet. Thats why someone recommend to me that i eat Full fat ground beef.

I probably eat 50G of carbs per day.

my getting big days are over im kinda old, Just trying to maintain what i have and do recomp, Im not a big guy im 5foot11 225 pounds.

Last edited:
I really only buy ground sirloin, but every once in awhile I will buy ground round.

I usually go with 93/7 for ground red meat. Not sure about prices where you are located but you might want to try going with a cheap lean cut of steak. Steak tends to be on the cheaper end, a little on the tough side but won't break the bank.

It would be interesting to start with exactly a pound of each, cook, rinse and weight-again after preparation.

I am going to try this on my next meal prep day. Thank you for the idea.

It all depends on what you eat it with. People are so scared of saturated fats its idiotic. They read research done by companies that have monetary involvement in the studies.

If you eat high-fat beef with a high-carb meal, its not so great.

If your beef has higher amount of fat and you eat it with no carbs, its not so bad, especially if done in the morning.

Last edited:
Red Meat

When I was younger I hunted and ate elk and moose. These days when I splurge I buy bison. Game meat is lower in cholesterol and higher in quality protein.
I buy 85% beef, organic, at the market otherwise. I buy everything I can organic. I used to have the meat processor that processed my game meats add 15% beef fat to the game meat burger because it cooks better on the grill and is a lot juicer than 90+% lean burgers that I've eaten.
Me - I vote for 85% not matter what the quality you can afford to purchase.

80/20 ground beef is over 70% fat by calories...

93/7 is my favorite. I still do a good amount of 85/15 also.

I dont even personally know anyone that eats 80/20 beef.
I mean burger wise maybe, but in a frying pan...gross

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner