over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

genetics venting

preist943

Registered
Genetics

Heredity is a very significant matter. Far to many people who could benefit the most from bodybuilding are turned away from it and lifting in general because of not understanding heredity. They have delusions that all they have to do is lift weights and mountains of muscle will appear overnight on their ectomorphic frames, and they become disappointed when their gains don’t meet their inflated expectations.

The plain and simple fact is trainers and authors who write bodybuilding books are getting away with murder. They have distorted or just plain out right lied about what a person can realistically achieve. Not everyone can achieve amazing muscle development and even fewer can become a professional bodybuilder. Lets put it this way the average joe has a better chance hitting the lotto than becoming a pro bber.

Here is the truth anyone can increase their strength and size, some studies say everyone can increase their strength by as much as 300% from their starting point. But no the average person will never be Mr. Anything nor take home a world power lifting title.

Once a person has accepted reality they can get down to business and design a sensible weight training /bodybuilding program and reap all the wonderful benefits. Fuck all the writers with books like (gain 3 inches on your arms in 8 weeks ) or the one I really hate a book called (massive muscles in 22 weeks ) work on being impressive to yourself increasing your strength and self confidence whats so bad about that? Maybe this wont mean shit to anyone thx for letting me vent.

Good vent bro but you gotta look at it from different views..The writers are just trying to make a dollar just like everybody else and I would bet that many of them are making a very good living off these types of books..I also think that these books have probally improved many peoples lives so to me they are a good thing becaues I would rather look at people who are fit than look at somebody who is fat. but I do understand you anger towards the Title of these books but they have to drawl attention to there work...I would do the same..

Most of the guys writing these books have a good idea about nutrition and other things and are just taking advantage of the ignoratn public who buy into these books..People dont realize that if you have bought one health book you have bought them all becaues they are all the same in essance the only difference is in the wording..I think that there are 2-3 members on this board who are better suited to write a book on nutrition or getting huge..

Well I dont agree that genetics are everything if you have the heart desire and will to do something you can do. Whatever it takes you might have to risk more than someone genectically gifted and sacrafice more it can be done. MM

weight77 said:
Good vent bro but you gotta look at it from different views..The writers are just trying to make a dollar just like everybody else and I would bet that many of them are making a very good living off these types of books..I also think that these books have probally improved many peoples lives so to me they are a good thing becaues I would rather look at people who are fit than look at somebody who is fat. but I do understand you anger towards the Title of these books but they have to drawl attention to there work...I would do the same..

Most of the guys writing these books have a good idea about nutrition and other things and are just taking advantage of the ignoratn public who buy into these books..People dont realize that if you have bought one health book you have bought them all becaues they are all the same in essance the only difference is in the wording..I think that there are 2-3 members on this board who are better suited to write a book on nutrition or getting huge..
do i smell a professional muscle book?

that wouldnt be a bad idea :)

Telling someone that he dosen't have good genetics because of his so called body type is a bunch of crap ! Your absolutely right when you say if you put your mind to it you can accomplish alot more than you think . When I graduated from college I was your typical ectomorph but through years of hard traing , a good diet and only a few anabolics I am in great shape . I will never be a Mr O or even a top contender in the ranks but I'm very satisfied with the results that I've made over the years . I'm now 50 yrs old and train 4 days a week , each body part once a week . I tip in at 225 lbs . I have 52 inch chest, 18 in arms ,34 in. waist and 26 in quads , 10 % Bf . Any one can get in good shape if you train hard and make it a way of your life .

Topcat said:
Telling someone that he dosen't have good genetics because of his so called body type is a bunch of crap ! Your absolutely right when you say if you put your mind to it you can accomplish alot more than you think . When I graduated from college I was your typical ectomorph but through years of hard traing , a good diet and only a few anabolics I am in great shape . I will never be a Mr O or even a top contender in the ranks but I'm very satisfied with the results that I've made over the years . I'm now 50 yrs old and train 4 days a week , each body part once a week . I tip in at 225 lbs . I have 52 inch chest, 18 in arms ,34 in. waist and 26 in quads , 10 % Bf . Any one can get in good shape if you train hard and make it a way of your life.
Two varying points here.

Topcat has a point - we all can improve!!!

Priest's point is that not everyone has the genetics to become competetive.

Both are correct!

xcel

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner