over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Great protein salad

kscowboy

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
My wife constantly gets on my ass for making up my own recipes. SOme are good some bad and sometimes one turns out to be amazing. Monday i went to the store and was craving some sort of protein and veggie salad. This got me thinking about tuna salad and i came up with the follow, which i must say is outstanding. You can eat it as a meal or use it as a protein filled snack or if you eat tuna salad sandwiches you can eat it on bread. I don't know the calories or the macros but its almost all protein and some good fats.

To start off with you can use either fresh salmon and chicken or, as i did, you can use canned. I only used canned this time because i was in a hurry but next time i will use fresh salmon and chicken but i might try fresh chicken and smoked salmon. Then i just started thinking about what i liked in a big salad minus the lettuce and what i liked in tuna salad. This is what i came up with.

2 cans of canned chicken. rinsed and drained
2 cans of canned salmon (No bones and skin type) rinsed and drained
1/2 of a small bag of RAW coleslaw mix (Just the cut veggies with no slaw sauce)
1/4 of a small bag of RAW mixed veggies (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower)(chopped fine)
1/2 bag of dried cranberries
1/2 bag of dried gold raisins
1 small bag of sliced almonds
1/2 tub of pre-diced celery
2 cans of black olives. drained
1-2 cups of plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup of non fat ranch dressing just for a bit of flavor.
1 squeezed lemon

Put all this in a bowl and mix with a rubber spatchula and let chill in the fridge.

I will probably add to this but i have used it for a mid-day snack all week and it is full of protein and a great snack. Its pretty healthy with very low carbs.

Enjoy, KS

Last edited:
Sounds like my kind of snack KS!! Thanks!!

Think I will try w/ just chicken or just salmon....don't know how the two would taste mixed together?? Or do they cancel each other out??

I've been buying the large cans of chicken from walmart - rinsing and mixing w/ a little ffree mayo, pepper and chopped up sfree pickle chips....

sounds awesome, will have to try it!

Amy- it actually really great together. It's not too fishy or too chicken/bland. It's great together. This is one of my best concoctions. It's nothing but good for you. Meal or snack it's great. Tell Q to load his plate with this and he will devour it. Lol

Also forgot that I chopped up 6 hard boiled eggs and out those in. So that's even more protein!!!

Depends if you are eating it as a meal or a between meal snack. But as a meal probably 3-4 or as a snack probably 6-8

Looks great.

Just curious, what brand of canned chicken? How's the sodium levels?

Thanks.

My wife constantly gets on my ass for making up my own recipes. SOme are good some bad and sometimes one turns out to be amazing. Monday i went to the store and was craving some sort of protein and veggie salad. This got me thinking about tuna salad and i came up with the follow, which i must say is outstanding. You can eat it as a meal or use it as a protein filled snack or if you eat tuna salad sandwiches you can eat it on bread. I don't know the calories or the macros but its almost all protein and some good fats.

To start off with you can use either fresh salmon and chicken or, as i did, you can use canned. I only used canned this time because i was in a hurry but next time i will use fresh salmon and chicken but i might try fresh chicken and smoked salmon. Then i just started thinking about what i liked in a big salad minus the lettuce and what i liked in tuna salad. This is what i came up with.

1/2 of a small bag of RAW coleslaw mix (Just the cut veggies with no slaw sauce)
1/4 of a small bag of RAW mixed veggies (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower)(chopped fine)
1 squeezed lemon

Put all this in a bowl and mix with a rubber spatchula and let chill in the fridge.

I will probably add to this but i have used it for a mid-day snack all week and it is full of protein and a great snack. Its pretty healthy with very low carbs.

Enjoy, KS

Minus the Salomn people....Here it is! and it is GOOD!! Both me and the wife like it!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 203
Im gonna bump this back up. I had forgotten about it but am going to make it again this weekend.

Look's Like Some Good & Healthy Viddle's there my friend..!

will have ot post up some of my Fav Healthy Lunch & Dinner Salad Recipe's
In this game , you can Never have enough variety when it comes to "Chowing", whether it be Mass Gaining, or Dieting for a show, or just tryin ot get uR best 'Bod' On......!

Will give this a try, I like all those ingredients

'2xxl'

Last edited:

1 squeezed lemon

Enjoy, KS

Yessir. I'm gonna try it

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads