over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Greek Yogurt

If you can't find Greek yogurt you can just line a collander with paper towels and empty a lb of plain Dannon or whatever you got into the collander and let it sit. Before Greek yogurt was widely available this is what my family did (we're Greeks). Change out the paper towels once or twice to be sure to get the max amount of water out and you're g2g. Just my 2 cents and HTH....

I would only buy it cause its double the protein than regular yougurt, but there are better alternatives for the price and nutritional benefits. Just my .02

Found the Greek Yoplait to be the worst tasting of all the Greek yogurts out there.

I tried a couple, wasn't that impressed with them. Most supermarkets I found around me don't have much of a variety of them. I think Super Walmart here just carries Yoplait. Their all pretty close in taste and all from what I tried so far.

If you can't find Greek yogurt you can just line a collander with paper towels and empty a lb of plain Dannon or whatever you got into the collander and let it sit. Before Greek yogurt was widely available this is what my family did (we're Greeks). Change out the paper towels once or twice to be sure to get the max amount of water out and you're g2g. Just my 2 cents and HTH....

so what does it change by removing the water? I assume the taste would be the same and macros would be only slightly affected.

I tried a couple, wasn't that impressed with them. Most supermarkets I found around me don't have much of a variety of them. I think Super Walmart here just carries Yoplait. Their all pretty close in taste and all from what I tried so far.

i go to a european produce center for my groceries, they have several varieties, but the chobanis is the best

COSTCO HAS FAGE GREEK YOGURT, PLAIN, NONFAT

I use it in foods all the time:

Broccoli salad
onion dip
ranch dressing
In place of sour cream
puddings
ice creams
cheesecakes
fruit salads

Has less calcium than regular yogurt, but MUCH more protein and less sugar.

Good shit!!!

BMJ

Going off memory here but the greek yogurt I had recently was something like

40 grams protein
12 grams carb
a few grams of fat, I'll say 3.

It was plain flavor and fine on it's own but tasted quite nice with some blueberries in there. Certainly a good on the go meal option and has plenty of reported health benefits to include regularly. Cost I think 2.50-3.00 dollars.

costco x2 for the fage ... fine w 0% and adding some coconut oil but if in mood for sweet just add some truvia good to go

Last edited:
Where do you buy those at? I never saw any with that much protein of 20 grams, or are you adding in your LBA's?

20g by it self. about 32 when you add the LBAs

Going off memory here but the greek yogurt I had recently was something like

40 grams protein
12 grams carb
a few grams of fat, I'll say 3.

It was plain flavor and fine on it's own but tasted quite nice with some blueberries in there. Certainly a good on the go meal option and has plenty of reported health benefits to include regularly. Cost I think 2.50-3.00 dollars.

40g of protein? What kind is it? I've never seen it close to that. You better check the label, I think your memory may be off. Not trying to flame you, just sayin...

40g of protein? What kind is it? I've never seen it close to that. You better check the label, I think your memory may be off. Not trying to flame you, just sayin...

I do believe this was the brand

16oz Oikos Plain Organic Greek Yogurt

So 46 grams protein and 18 carbs...

My memory isn't that great lol but I knew it was close to what I was looking for as a total meal protein wise.

FAGE yogurt has 20g protein and 9 gram CHO's per cup, so 2 cups would be 40g/18g's.

BMJ

Last edited:
Well sure, little kids eat those yogurts for a snack... this is a meal.

I hear ya, I thought you meant it was a regular 6oz cup to get 40 grams of protein. I didn't know they came in 16 oz. That's why I thought you were crazy, no offense...:D

Last edited:
The true benefit of greek yogurt is that it contains several LIVE cultures. Most grocery store brands don't have, except for Activia, it has some. Thats why you get a benefit in digestion.

How well is the protein in the yogut absorbed ?? compaired to say whey , eggs or meat?

I mix 8oz of plain with one scoop chocolate whey and somtimes mix in a banana or pineapple , makes a great between mael snack

The majority of the flavored variety is high in sugar and carbs...plain is the way to go.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws