over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing and Staying Below 10% BF

GDADDYG8

Registered
Does anyone think you can put on decent amount of muscle with proper diet, drugs, and training and stay around 10% BF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your questions and the threads you start are a complete opposite of what you look like. Lol.

Sure

But it’s a hell of a lot harder [emoji846]

Your questions and the threads you start are a complete opposite of what you look like. Lol.

Haha sorry I am bored and post random questions on here that pop in my head. I like hearing other opinions, maybe I’ll get some new insight!

Haha sorry I am bored and post random questions on here that pop in my head. I like hearing other opinions, maybe I’ll get some new insight!

Glad you didn’t take that the wrong way and have a positive attitude. ;)

Does anyone think you can put on decent amount of muscle with proper diet, drugs, and training and stay around 10% BF?

Kevin Levrone sure did!!!

Tren, GH, properly timed insulin doses....maybe for a while.

Also depends how advanced you are and how far beyond your normal setpoint

5-10 205 to 212-215lbs....possibly

5’10 220lbs to 230lbs........gonna be a lot harder

1. Get as lean as humanly possible (stage lean not gym mirror lean) and do it on as little drug's possible
2. Start a reverse diet, slowly ramping up calories and slowly ramping up gear.

This is not healthy as you will be on drugs a very long time and you have to be smart about what drugs you use and how you use them.

A decent amount of muscle? Maybe
Making significant changes to your physique and possible jumping weight classes? No.

I also think this is very individual. Some guys grow fantastic at the 8-10% range. Some guys, maybe the thicker skinned dudes, grow the best at around 12%.

Honestly, my favorite thread EVER at PM is Dante's "I absolute love this stuff."
I'll link it but he basically brings up Kevin Jordan's transformation as an amateur. Showing him jumping weight classes and turning into a pro....basically he would go up to probably 12-15% offseason, still looking like a BBer, but not letting the Instagram bullshit let you stay too lean where you can't grow.
https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/62679-i-absolutely-love-stuff-like-absolutely-love.html

I personally am doing this right now. The instagram culture has made guys gain for 6-8 weeks, get anxious because they are a little fluffy, and then mini diet their way back to nothing. That's a fucking great way to NOT make progress every year. This year I made the conscious decision to take this year off of competition to GROW and not give a fuck.

I suggest everyone read this thread above.

With meticulous nutrition, the right super supps, training with progressive overload, getting enough rest,

Main emphasis on meticulous nutrition

It can be done, also depends how long you have been at this and how much muscle you have currently. If someone is new to lifting and is 10% bf they can easily gain muscle while staying at 10% bf

It will get more difficult the closer you are to reaching your genetic potential

This is all just my opinion and experience.

1. Get as lean as humanly possible (stage lean not gym mirror lean) and do it on as little drug's possible
2. Start a reverse diet, slowly ramping up calories and slowly ramping up gear.

This is not healthy as you will be on drugs a very long time and you have to be smart about what drugs you use and how you use them.

x2

There are so many factors and starting point and the prior 6 months are the biggest ones. Meaning a guy who has been on trt for many months and is very lean (doesn't even need to be that big) will obviously grow lean with the combination of gradual increases in food and drugs. Now someone who has been blasting heavy and is at approy 9% and "gym mirror lean" is going to have a much harder time staying below 10% and growing.

So it all depends upon the above factors. It could still be done by both guys though. Although unless you are starting from a extremely low bf% I would give more room. 10% is very low and for many to grow a lot of muscle they may need to go slightly over that. No one should be getting fat but you can still relatively lean and grow optimally. I think 12% is a more realistic figure for many. Others may even be a little higher but those guys probably look less anyway. As posted above so many guys are scared of a bit of fluff and that stops them ever getting huge.

Making significant changes to your physique and possible jumping weight classes? No.

I also think this is very individual. Some guys grow fantastic at the 8-10% range. Some guys, maybe the thicker skinned dudes, grow the best at around 12%.

Honestly, my favorite thread EVER at PM is Dante's "I absolute love this stuff."
I'll link it but he basically brings up Kevin Jordan's transformation as an amateur. Showing him jumping weight classes and turning into a pro....basically he would go up to probably 12-15% offseason, still looking like a BBer, but not letting the Instagram bullshit let you stay too lean where you can't grow.
https://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/62679-i-absolutely-love-stuff-like-absolutely-love.html

I personally am doing this right now. The instagram culture has made guys gain for 6-8 weeks, get anxious because they are a little fluffy, and then mini diet their way back to nothing. That's a fucking great way to NOT make progress every year. This year I made the conscious decision to take this year off of competition to GROW and not give a fuck.

Great post. and i agree, that thread you linked is one of the best threads ever on this board

Of course you can. People put on a lot of weight on cycle because they don’t get their bf% down low enough before they start. If you start at 6/7% your muscles are just chomping at the bit to use every calorie you take in rather than half of it turning into flab.

Even though I personally am not into bodybuilding that excessively and doing potentially unhealthy things, that is 100% a good read and 100% facts in there for those who it applies to.. Lots of great info regardless, actually..

I have seen a lot more of that lately (wanting to grow but not wanting to lose abs).. I have so many friends that go that route and for years (literally have a friend who’s been at it for like 6-7 years like this) they’re still stuck in the “I’m trying to break 200lbs and shredded” but they don’t want to get to a big 220+ and they stay around 175-180lbs with their abs..

I personally like being around 180-190lbs MAX @ 5’8 and haven’t had accurate bodyfat test but for sure sub 10% as I had all abs fully visible without flexing and veins on my abs as well and spider web veins on my arms/shoulders.. I’ve been as high as 205-207lbs and personally don’t like the look not so much because of the fluffiness but because I look shorter than I really am :eek: and 2nd to that is I got into functional fitness and flexibility etc and being too big/heavy definitely interferes with that..

Diet is the most important part. But with a good diet and With a good amount of gh it’s really possible and but for those who really care about making the best improvements they arnt worried about staying 8 percent. They push clean food as high as they need to and get a little chubby and water logged.

And depends how many lean pounds of muscle you wanna gain,5-10 lb yeah that’s gonna be easy on a rebound from a show with a good clean diet the whole time

20-30lb. Your gonna need a good clean rebound and a shit ton of food and you will go 12-15%bf

Kevin Levrone sure did!!!

lol he legit is another species. Going from looking like a regular gym rat to a 245lbs Olympia level freak in a few months. I think some old school guys like Arnold also would grow into shows as well sometimes.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws