over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing delts

The problem with doing rear delts on the reverse peck deck is that most people do them wrong. Done correctly, I have yet to find a better exercise for building mass in the rear delts.

The guy in the video mentions "peak contraction" a lot, as if being able to achieve it is the most important factor for growth. I do NOT believe that at all. If that were true exercises like triceps kick backs, concentration curls, leg extensions, etc, would be the most effective for growth. They are not.

I think the most effective exercises for overall muscle growth, in general, are those that place maximum tension on the target muscle in a stretched position.

The guy in the video is basically saying not to do peck deck rear laterals because they don't allow for a maximal peak contraction. I completely disagree. When it comes to packing on size, I would recommend peck deck rear laterals over that funky dumbbell exercise he demonstrated, any day of the week.

I agree 100%. Although a smart approach could be do something like a reverse pec deck or very high row were maximum weight can be used then finish off with a more isolation movement like the one in the video using lighter weight.

How would putting your drugs into a lagging body part do anything but create more scar tissue? Wouldn't ever BBer have a giant ass if this was the coach? Most have underdeveloped glutes.

A few things come to mind so excuse the long post. Of course what you state is true about the glutes. Although some do have larger glutes due to injections but that is not a good thing. That is due to being lazy and shooting aas in the same spot time after time over years creating massive amounts of scar tissue.

Everything we do is temporary. We could use test for 5 years and train hard and eat good and put on real muscle but if we stop everything it will fall off over time. Some things are more lasting than others but at the end of the day everything from training, tren, test, dbol, lr3, slin, diet etc is not permanent.

If you have x person let's say me for example. I am going to shoot aas anyway so why not put it in a muscle I want to improve. I may also put it in my glutes but if I am using npp, test p etc and injecting frequently I will rotate sites.

You may reply/think scar tissue and inflammation is damaging to the muscle and I agree to an extent. I mean pain free gear and hgh, lr3 etc. Yes it will still create scar tissue but common sense should be used. Use good products and rotate injection sites and 100% it will cause site enhancement. Even if that is some swelling. If you shoot 5ml oil in your bi-cep that is not gonna be the best thing for your muscle so common sense should be used.

I have done it so many times and it hasn't damaged my muscles. Yes it's 100% temporary but so what. If someone wants their shoulders to pop more or their bi-ceps to have a little extra size for their vacation shoot some of your drugs in that area in a sensible manner and it will 100% work. It should never effect training either. If it did the person is doing it wrong.

So I am not saying everyone should be site injecting but if people are shooting gear anyway they can site inject with good results. Say Richie started doing 50mg test p and 50mg npp per day for a cycle. Why stick it all in the glutes when he could do 100mg or 50mg x 2 in his front, side and rear delts. I guarantee his delts will get bigger doing it. Yes 100% it is temporary but the point is he has got closer to his goal of having is delts stand out more.

It's just common sense to me and again I am not telling people to use seo but if someone is putting oil in themselves anyway why not try it. Although for a thread like this my last thought is drugs and it should be training but I just felt like commenting on that earlier post regarding seo.

If I ever want to improve a body part every thought is about training. Then if I am on cycle I may think I might as well shoot my lr3 in there. Sorry for the long winded post but I wanted to make sure I covered everything.

Last edited:
The thread should've ended after this post.

I've never seen anyone OHP 3+ plates for reps with small shoulders.

I actually just got back from the gym and that's what I done. 3 plates a side but only got 6 reps. It was about my 6th exercise. After some heavy lateral raises and up right rows. Not bad considering the last few months for me and I am full of injuries :eek:

I actually just got back from the gym and that's what I done. 3 plates a side but only got 6 reps. It was about my 6th exercise. After some heavy lateral raises and up right rows. Not bad considering the last few months for me and I am full of injuries :eek:

You use the seated barbell? I’ve fallen in love with seated smith machine presses. I can set the pins just below my chin so I can start from a dead stop. Fun.

You use the seated barbell? I’ve fallen in love with seated smith machine presses. I can set the pins just below my chin so I can start from a dead stop. Fun.

I should have mentioned it was in the Smith. The resistance is crazy on this Smith but as a result the tension feels so good when pressing. I do both but with my injured lower back feel safer at the moment using the Smith. When I use a barbell it's a bit awkward when first lifting off as I have to get underneath. I do exactly the same as you. I also enjoy dead stop presses at times for shoulders and delts. I usually do them when going all out when I have failed and will rest a few secs between each rep. I didn't have access to heavy db's for years so was getting used to them but they are totally out for now due to my lower back. I am in a bit of pain now so hopefully and haven't worsened things :eek:

I actually done some dead stop skull crushers today after shoulders as well. I love the movement. I use an ez bar and lie on the floor. As I get heavier when I start to fail and I will put the bar on the floor and do 1 rep trying to lower the weight as slow as possible. I try to get 5 rest paused reps and the burn is insane. I went up to 20kg a side tonight and was doing 15 controlled reps than 5 rest paused ones to finish.

Elvia is the Smith bar behind your head?

Y’all ever watch those Athlen-X videos? That guy is a bio mechanical genius. Mini hacks to exercises to target lagging muscle groups.

I just finished a workout with doing his supinated high rows and internal rotation rope face pulls and my delts are smoked

Elvia is the Smith bar behind your head?

Y’all ever watch those Athlen-X videos? That guy is a bio mechanical genius. Mini hacks to exercises to target lagging muscle groups.

I just finished a workout with doing his supinated high rows and internal rotation rope face pulls and my delts are smoked

I used to watch them all the time but haven't in awhile. He does great videos though. I like high rows and face pulls and done them the other day in a superset for rear delts. Tonight I started with rear delts and done db rear delt flyes, reverse pec deck and machine rear delts. The later is an old school rear delt/middle back machine you don't see anywhere and it feels great. Incidentally another good movement for rear delts can be done by using certain lateral raise machines. You simply bend over with the top of your head on the back rest and it feels great.

For presses I do in front and behind the head but tonight was just in front. In fact over the last 2 months I mainly do behind the neck which I started doing again after years of not doing them much. I must have done about 10 excerises for shoulders tonight. I finished with cable front raises I mentioned a few posts back lying down on the seated cable row machine. I done 3 sets going up in weight and at the end I couldn't lift my arms up my shoulders were that smoked.

Last edited:
What may also help (apart from the per usual great advice from Mike Arnold) is to switch up the way you perform your lateral raises, do them more strict with elbows quasi locked.

I know performing them this way isn't the way almost everyone seems to do them but Scott Abel is a big advocate of doing them this way. (he also advises to raise your arms as high as you can go, past perpendicular to the floor and to do a shrug at the top which would make it more of a compound movement). Look up Scott Abel's videos on Youtube to see this more strict performance manner. You can always try it for a while, you got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

(see richie, even though you asked for me to be banned for not reading the rules (which I read when I first joined here more than 15y ago, I'm sorry that I dared to forget one!) which is not cool and not something this board and it's members are benefited by, this is a brotherhood, I still try to be of help to you. Try to pick up the positivity in this and stop harassing me please ;) xxx)

The thread should've ended after this post.

I've never seen anyone OHP 3+ plates for reps with small shoulders.

Small and symmetrical are two different things. Lots of Olympic lifts snatch and oh press 400 plus but have shitty delts

What may also help (apart from the per usual great advice from Mike Arnold) is to switch up the way you perform your lateral raises, do them more strict with elbows quasi locked.

I know performing them this way isn't the way almost everyone seems to do them but Scott Abel is a big advocate of doing them this way. (he also advises to raise your arms as high as you can go, past perpendicular to the floor and to do a shrug at the top which would make it more of a compound movement). Look up Scott Abel's videos on Youtube to see this more strict performance manner. You can always try it for a while, you got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

(see richie, even though you asked for me to be banned for not reading the rules (which I read when I first joined here more than 15y ago, I'm sorry that I dared to forget one!) which is not cool and not something this board and it's members are benefited by, this is a brotherhood, I still try to be of help to you. Try to pick up the positivity in this and stop harassing me please ;) xxx)

Shrugging in the lateral takes stress off the delt and puts the nerves around the neck in shitty positions . Don't watch that guys videos.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear