over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hardest part of dieting..for me

warhorse

Registered
Being weak! At the gym today repping out 225 squats. Nezt to me two guys in the 240 lb weight area, doing deads with 405 then 495. All I can think is I wanna do that, maybe I should eat and go heavy for a little while (not that I'm not eating but you know the difference!). How do you stick to it?!

Easy, it's not always about the numbers that you are putting up. Same thing goes for always weighing yourself. The mirror tells no lies.

why in holy hell would you diet

if you werent competing???

:confused:

well your right about the mirror, that's what I look forward to. I take pictures weekly and like seeing the progress. I'm dieting because I prefer to stay below 12% period and get below ten before I try to add mass. I was out for 8 months and eating like crap hence the diet.

why would you subject yourself to "being weak"

if you didnt have to?????

if your "WEAK" then your doing something wrong

there is always one... So your saying your just as strong while dieting as you are while "bulking"? Perhaps your doing something wrong when not dieting?

theres always one what????

a logical voice??

someone who sees another side???

and no

i get stronger when i'm dieting

you want my stats too???

no I don't particularly care about your stats, perhaps you should seek attention elsewhere for that. I have been going up in my lifts every other week and my weight is up 3lbs waist down little over an inch. Was just saying consuming more calories than needed (surplus) should lead to more muscle growth ie better strength increases, there is all kinds of strange science stuff to back that up you should look into it...

theres always one what????

a logical voice??

someone who sees another side???

and no

i get stronger when i'm dieting

you want my stats too???

So you get stronger when you diet? I assume you get even stronger when you don't diet? And stronger when you're maintaining... so in other words you'll have infinite strength...pretty soon you'll be the world's strongest man.

Strong or weak is just a matter of perception. The kid who can't even squat 225 thinks you're strong. And I'm sure you're stronger than you used to be.

lol.....thats great logic there

it made me laugh

but honestly.....its ALL relative

maybe i jumped the gun by saying somethings wrong

but

if im getting "weaker" from day to day

i change something

thats for damn sure

agreed

why in holy hell would you diet

if you werent competing???

Exactly...you can be strong and lean without dieting and getting weaker. Unless you are prepping, no need to sacrifice strength and progress, eat to be lean, keep the hardcore diet for competition time and being shredded. Also, sometimes losing strength is a sign of overdieting, sometimes!

I'm speaking in relation to the fact I didn't train for 8 months and let my bf creep up, if I wasn't trying to get lean first and just straight put 15lbs on is be a lot stronger than working through a caloric defecit, it's a mental perception...

I'm speaking in relation to the fact I didn't train for 8 months and let my bf creep up, if I wasn't trying to get lean first and just straight put 15lbs on is be a lot stronger than working through a caloric defecit, it's a mental perception...

you dont have to be in a caloric defecit to lose body fat and gain muscle. I 'm dieting hard right now even with a slight calorie defecit , good clean food at proper times along with proper training little AAS and I'm getting ALOT leaner and slightly stronger.

if your not realy on top of the whole nutrition thing your best bet is to hire sombody that is , I wish I knew 15 years ago what I've learned in the last 8 months !!

wow I start a thread referring to mentality, and I get slammed over and over about how bad my diet is, I didnt even post my diet or routine. I was just talking about how it's hard to stay focused on getting lean, for me, when I love being big and lifting heavy ass weights. I mean I'm up 3 lbs and lost over an inch on my waist, no AAS Hell I'm not even doing protein shakes yet just straight food and workouts. My lifts go up every other week how did I give the impression I felt I wasn't making progress or was lost? I appreciate those that were really trying to help but come on...

Remember, just because your dieting doesn't mean your strength has to diminish. It may for some, especially for those who are prepping and putting themselves thru the vigorous physical and mental states that it requires to compete. Many find themselves lifting lighter for many reasons while dieting during a prep...lack of strength, energy, and also to avoid injuries to name a few. But I hate to use the word diet, unless you are actually in prep mode and even then I may be using it wrong. For most, it is just eating clean (or life style if you will) while trying to add mass and lower bf. I have been able to lose Bf since joining PM from doing the research and listening to members suggestions. And by applying what I learned and adjusting it to my own bodies needs. At the same time, my strength has actually increased as well as my lifts. Depending on your dieting goals I can see someone losing some strength and that is why a lot of us here are always trying to find that balance by listening to our bodies. This way we can maintain our current condition as best we can if not improve upon it, while we try and lose some of the unwanted excess (fat). It's not an easy journey, or we would all be competing and having pro cards. But it sure is fun when you can do it as safe as possible and actually see results first hand. And its a constant learning process as our bodies continually change, but there is a wealth of knowledge and experiences out there to help us along the way. I guess if you would have stated in more depth about your current diet and goals you wouldn't have recieved some of the responces that you got. Because there are a ton of threads on here with members trying to lose bf and retain mass at the same time rather than flat out dieting before starting their next cycle or routine. Either way, like I said before...don't let the guys doing the bigger lifting affect your goals. Just stick with what you have going and use the mirror to track your progress. Once your ready you will be hitting the weights heavy again soon enough. Keep us informed on your progress as it is always good motivation.

wow I start a thread referring to mentality, and I get slammed over and over about how bad my diet is, I didnt even post my diet or routine. I was just talking about how it's hard to stay focused on getting lean, for me, when I love being big and lifting heavy ass weights. I mean I'm up 3 lbs and lost over an inch on my waist, no AAS Hell I'm not even doing protein shakes yet just straight food and workouts. My lifts go up every other week how did I give the impression I felt I wasn't making progress or was lost? I appreciate those that were really trying to help but come on...

i guess by saying

BEING WEAK!!!

and

I WISH I COULD DEADLIFT 400

is this another trick question????

:cool:

Last edited:
reading.. Is apparently a lost art I said I want to be doing that not I wish I could. I just don't lift heavy to avoid injury while dieting, granted I'm doing it pretty hard without a contest solely cause I'm vain...

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear