mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Have you ever realized to what extent you have body dysmorphia?

I’ve figured out over the years who likes to hear about your physique the LEAST.
The gfs, and wives.

Unless they’re full tilt in it with you, they could not give less of a fuck if you’re a soft 250 or hard as nails 275 (drawing from my own life here).

Even though the above comparison is HUGE in our world, they just don’t care. 🤷🏻‍♂️
My wife is the same way. Don’t get me wrong she’s supportive as can be, but she doesn’t get it nor does she care to hear about it that often.

I would venture to say it’s why a lot of us are on here talking about our physique and bodybuilding.

Nobody in your life wants to hear about this shit and even if they did, they certainly don’t understand it. LOL

I’ve figured out over the years who likes to hear about your physique the LEAST.
The gfs, and wives.

Unless they’re full tilt in it with you, they could not give less of a fuck if you’re a soft 250 or hard as nails 275 (drawing from my own life here).

Even though the above comparison is HUGE in our world, they just don’t care. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1000%

This kind of goes to the point of how we view ourselves vs how gen pop sees us - kinda similar to what @TheOtherOne55 was talking about. I’ve been with so many chicks (not in the fitness scene) who while I’m in the offseason not doing cardio and eating whatever tell me how good my abs look after I just crushed a cheat meal and I’m sweating looking like a bloated marshmallow. It’s just perspective at the end of the day…

I’ve been with so many chicks (not in the fitness scene) who while I’m in the offseason not doing cardio and eating whatever tell me how good my abs look after I just crushed a cheat meal and I’m sweating looking like a bloated marshmallow. It’s just perspective at the end of the day…
Super random but there was a girl in my life who used to listen to me talk about different esthers, difference between DHT/Test derivs/19-nors, etc. I now wonder what was going through her head lol

Super random but there was a girl in my life who used to listen to me talk about different esthers, difference between DHT/Test derivs/19-nors, etc. I now wonder what was going through her head lol
I’ve tried a few times with gen pop girls to explain gear and some of the nuances. They either look at me like I have two heads or they pretend to understand me lol. Only reason I would go through that exercise was because I knew they didn’t approve and I figured if I gave them some science they would come around. Eventually I just learned to avoid judgmental cunts…

At my gym the majority of the dudes really are fat pieces of shit but when they look into the mirror all they see is prime Schwarzenegger. What’s that condition called? It’s an awful awful disease but entertaining at times.
Delusional disorder 😆

Kidding aside. I saw this too. Funny thing was the guys at my last gym would cut that shit out real quick when the big guys or the hot chicks were in the room.

1000%

This kind of goes to the point of how we view ourselves vs how gen pop sees us - kinda similar to what @TheOtherOne55 was talking about. I’ve been with so many chicks (not in the fitness scene) who while I’m in the offseason not doing cardio and eating whatever tell me how good my abs look after I just crushed a cheat meal and I’m sweating looking like a bloated marshmallow. It’s just perspective at the end of the day…
And for a split second, before your senses kick in, your mind goes….
D8A4AFF6-15C4-4DE3-875D-EDF250D58C14.gif

I’ve tried a few times with gen pop girls to explain gear and some of the nuances. They either look at me like I have two heads or they pretend to understand me lol. Only reason I would go through that exercise was because I knew they didn’t approve and I figured if I gave them some science they would come around. Eventually I just learned to avoid judgmental cunts…
She was gen-pop, should have known it was a red-flag when anytime I’d talk about steroids or try to explain anything she’d get turned on…

I do not consider myself big at all. Currently 5'7", 248, about 20% bf. I don't see myself as muscular or in shape (fat at the moment). Hell I don't think I even look like I work out. But I keep myself covered up and my thoughts to myself.

Its been said, we all have this to some extent. Maybe not when we started, but if you stick with it long enough you will develop some dysmorphia to some extent. As humans we are social qualifiers and will unconsciously compare ourselves to others at times. I manage it well and am realistic, but still creeps up now and then.

Funny story. Talking to a few younger guys at work a while back. Early 20's, tall and small. Lifting for a few months and were comparing themselves to ifbb pros and how, they could totally do mens physique as a natty. I showed them a picture of myself standing next to Brandon Hendrickson the year he won an Olympia. guess who was wider? Three days later I heard them talking about tren... My bad if they ever scored some.

That’s a different level of crazy bro. My wife has a medical degree and she still doesn’t understand when I talk about gear. 😂

Being on the shorter side, i was not a tall baby but still weighted about 9 pounds. I was a fat kid growing up. Was called husky as that was the politically correct term at the time that teachers would use to describe me. When you are a short kid boxing light-heavy in grade school you are most likley pretty fat. I have stepped on BB stages being at least as lean as everyone else and felt fat. It took some time for me to separate how i felt about myself as opposed to who i really was. Now i really don't really think about how i feel. I am doing far better then most old farts and regularly get compliments. . But when asked i how i am doing i just tell people i am old tired and fat. And when they correct me i just say this is America and i can self identify any way i want and their job is to support me as i see fit. I have fun with it even if it makes others feel uncomfortable!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
I am Annie
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws