advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Having Shoulder Pain and dont know what is the cause, any advice?

rider7667

Newbies
Hey guys, my left shoulder has really started bugging me lately.. and after my workout tonight my right one is starting. I have been trying to track down why? I have had shoulder problems in the past.. but not in a while. I just started back serious training the past 7 weeks and nothing under 10 reps, but my left shoulder has been aching like a toothache the past 2 weeks? When i start working out it has been going away during the workout, but I am noticing it aching all day.. and sometimes it burns a little after my workout. Only hurts doing chest too. Since starting back training I have been mainly doing machines and I am switching to free weights next week. The only thing I can attribute it too is maybe machine presses.. which I have stopped doing.. only doing side laterals for shoulders and they do not hurt. Only been doing 2 main exerises for chest.. machine press and peck deck. What do you guys thing.. and what should I do about this? Its becoming bothersome as both shoulders are starting to ache during my off days. Thanks

PS not taking any anti's or anything either.. dont wanna mask the pain.. want to see whats wrong and how to fix it. Should surgery be an option?

Hey guys, my left shoulder has really started bugging me lately.. and after my workout tonight my right one is starting. I have been trying to track down why? I have had shoulder problems in the past.. but not in a while. I just started back serious training the past 7 weeks and nothing under 10 reps, but my left shoulder has been aching like a toothache the past 2 weeks? When i start working out it has been going away during the workout, but I am noticing it aching all day.. and sometimes it burns a little after my workout. Only hurts doing chest too. Since starting back training I have been mainly doing machines and I am switching to free weights next week. The only thing I can attribute it too is maybe machine presses.. which I have stopped doing.. only doing side laterals for shoulders and they do not hurt. Only been doing 2 main exerises for chest.. machine press and peck deck. What do you guys thing.. and what should I do about this? Its becoming bothersome as both shoulders are starting to ache during my off days. Thanks

PS not taking any anti's or anything either.. dont wanna mask the pain.. want to see whats wrong and how to fix it. Should surgery be an option?

Have you ever tried rotator cuff exerciseswith really light weight before and after your chest and shoulder workout. I use the cables.Put it on 20 or 30lbs and do them till it burns.(Do them slow).I got in a Car wreck in 2007 and could not lift a 40lb. DB over my head and these helped me in no time.

YES

Have you ever tried rotator cuff exerciseswith really light weight before and after your chest and shoulder workout. I use the cables.Put it on 20 or 30lbs and do them till it burns.(Do them slow).I got in a Car wreck in 2007 and could not lift a 40lb. DB over my head and these helped me in no time.

it COULD be your rotators but you should really read up on them, I used to have the same pain a LOT, I bought the seven minute rotator cuff solution on the advice of a friend and read it twice and incorporated it into my routine and within a few months my pain was GONE, and as long as I heed the advice in the book on a regular basis I have no problems. It's worth every penny and it's not that much if you shop around.( less than 30.00 if I remember correctly) GOOD LUCK, your shoulders are nothing to screw with and my buddy and surgery on his years ago and they messed him up even worse.

after the good tips and advise you will get on here, you can always go get an x-ray and see what the doctor finds,at least you will know if you need surgery or not....I've had right shoulder pain for a while now and it does get bad at times, but I found out I do not need surgey, so I just go light weights at times, ice or heat, and only when I need it I take advil.

Hope you feel better soon.

Any good Physio will be able to tell you if its serious by doing a few simple exercises.

The shoulder is a very unique, complex joint

…anything we say here would simply be a guess. It could be anything from a simple problem to something that needs repair. If you are having serious issues I would have it looked at by a good sports ortho doc. An x-ray to check for early arthritis or possible bone spurs may be needed. He may want an MRI to check connective tissue.

GOOD ADVICE

…anything we say here would simply be a guess. It could be anything from a simple problem to something that needs repair. If you are having serious issues I would have it looked at by a good sports ortho doc. An x-ray to check for early arthritis or possible bone spurs may be needed. He may want an MRI to check connective tissue.

we are only guessing so it would be wise to go have it checked before you damage it more.

Try the DC shoulder stretch...it involves a pole and has fixed mine and everyone i have ever shown. PM me for a link if u like.

As MSTR PAINTER, THOR, and ALFRESCO have mentioned, the likely culprit is the rotator cuff. Dr. Yessis does a great job in explaining what happens, and what to do about it (see below):

"It is not uncommon to get pain in the shoulders when doing the bench press. Typically, this is due to overuse especially when doing the bench press in exactly the same way and with the same equipment for a long period of time.

Very often the injury that causes the pain can be found in the rotator cuff muscles. These muscles may be over-stretched especially those on the back of the shoulder as you push the barbell up as high as possible. Thus, the key to prevention of such injuries is to be sure that you strengthen the muscles on both sides of the shoulder joint.

This includes the muscles on the back of the shoulder, mainly the infraspinatus and teres minor, which are the key muscles involved. The major muscles also involved include the middle trapezius and rhomboid. However, these muscles are typically much stronger and rarely get injured to the extent that the smaller rotator cuff ones do.

Equally important in prevention of shoulder injuries is to do other forms of bench presses. For example, use a neutral grip with dumbbells. In this case, the palms face one another as you extend the arms directly up above the chest. Do exercises such as incline and decline presses and front arm raises.

Also important is to use a lighter weight and press it up above the chest on the first rep, above the navel on the second rep, and above the neck on the third rep. This puts stress on the muscles at different angles so that they can respond with more all-around development of the shoulder muscles.

Some of the better exercises to develop the terres minor and infraspinatus include the reverse fly, bent-over dumbbell row with the elbows kept close to the sides of the body, bent-over barbell row holding the elbows out to the sides, and high cable pullbacks keeping the arm level with the shoulders as you pull the elbows back."

Depending on how long you have had the shoulder pain, it could take weeks to months before pain free again. Please consult your physician if your pain persists.

I really think you guys are right.. I believe its rotator cuffs... also i have been upping the cardio on the elliptical machine.. I wonder if that would have anything to do with it? I also have heard some people saying the Pec Deck can cause shoulder pain. I am going to purchase the 7min rotator cuff solution as I have seen it before. I also want to try the DC stretch. Basically I really do not want to suffer an injury to set me back while trying to diet. Hopefully I can work around it till it heals. Thanks for all the advice guys.. this is really very helpful.

I really think you guys are right.. I believe its rotator cuffs... also i have been upping the cardio on the elliptical machine.. I wonder if that would have anything to do with it? I also have heard some people saying the Pec Deck can cause shoulder pain. I am going to purchase the 7min rotator cuff solution as I have seen it before. I also want to try the DC stretch. Basically I really do not want to suffer an injury to set me back while trying to diet. Hopefully I can work around it till it heals. Thanks for all the advice guys.. this is really very helpful.

DC stretch may help. I think if you want more of a therapeutic effect you should apply a scapular rotation when in the stretch.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131