over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Heart Health

domeyeahaight

Newbies
Lately it seems like too many of our brothers have been released due to heart problems...

Think about all the food and supplements that we intake and just the stress on heart in general...

and a lifetime of plaque buildup?

what precautions/supps can we do to reduce any heart problems ?

IMO cardio is important for heart health I try to keep a cardio regime going year round and I have but never really taken hawthorne and will probably start this up and just keep up all the time..

cardio, coq-10 (ubiquinol), garlic, L-carnitine are a few natural supplements that have been shown to improve ejection fraction as well as other heart functions, aspirin also can indirectly help the hearts functions.

YES coq-10 for overall cardiovascular health, hawthorne berry for BP, good to add to your supps.

Fish Oil

I work with one of the top-rated heart institutes in the US and this was copied from a study concerning atrial fibrillation:
"Fish oil has been proven to reduce fatal coronary heart disease and sudden cardiac death, with demonstrated anti-inflammatory/antioxidant and direct electrophysiologic effects. In a small, open-label study of 160 patients undergoing cardiac surgery, fish oil (2gm/day started five days preoperatively) reduced the incidence of postoperative AF, compared to control patients (Figure 2). Given these preliminary data, and their remarkable safety profile, there is great interest in fish oil as a potential therapeutic agent to maintain sinus rhythm."

I work with one of the top-rated heart institutes in the US and this was copied from a study concerning atrial fibrillation:
"Fish oil has been proven to reduce fatal coronary heart disease and sudden cardiac death, with demonstrated anti-inflammatory/antioxidant and direct electrophysiologic effects. In a small, open-label study of 160 patients undergoing cardiac surgery, fish oil (2gm/day started five days preoperatively) reduced the incidence of postoperative AF, compared to control patients (Figure 2). Given these preliminary data, and their remarkable safety profile, there is great interest in fish oil as a potential therapeutic agent to maintain sinus rhythm."

yes totaly slipped my mind but aisans have very few heart problems compaired to other races. they live on fish:D

- Start supplementing with vitamin D, though you must buy a version encapsulated in a gelcap. This will mean it's suspended in oil, which is a must. Start taking 4000iu daily. Then the next time you can get blood work done, request to have your 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels checked. We're looking to have your serum levels in a range of 40-80 ng/ml, though the higher end of that range is preferred. Adjust the dose accordingly to ensure you're in that range. Remember, vitamin D is a hormone, not a vitamin. Blood work is a must to ensure your levels are in a safe, proper range.

- Start supplementing with fish oil, if you haven't already begun. You need at least 6 - 1000mg caps/day. This specifically will help lower your triglycerides, which in turn will help your LDLs

- Start supplementing with niacin, the regular crystalline variety (Twinlabs offers this). Take this before bed. This way you're asleep when you're experiencing the flush niacin causes. Anywhere from 500mg-1500mg would be effective here.

- Magnesium citrate @ 400-600mg daily.

- Start taking an 81mg aspirin daily. This if for obvious reasons.

- A couple other supplements worth researching and considering adding to your regimen include Curcumin w/ Bioperine and Nattokinase NSK-SD. Do the research. It won't be hard to find out what these do and how they could benefit you.

- Start taking 2 servings of sugar-free Metamucil in the morning and 2 in the evening. Not only will this keep you regular, but it'll decrease cholesterol as well.

- Cut out all wheat based products. Yes, I said WHEAT. Wheat, as surprising as you may find it, causes a sharp rise in Triglycerides, which in turn increases LDLs. Stick to oatmeal, quinoa, etc.

- I'd be careful with drugs that are known for increasing RBC count and blood viscosity, like Deca, EQ, etc.

- Cardio should be done 3-5 sessions per week year round.

- Donate blood as often as possible, which should be roughly once every 56 days. This also will help keep blood viscosity from rising to high and help keep your blood profile in check.

not sure your supposed to donate blood if you have ever done AAS. i know this question is asked by the nurse at the bank i was going to. before i stepped into the darkside.

props to HeavyIron for posting this tasty tidbit

Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Coenzyme Q10 in Isolated Systolic Hypertension

Briant E. Burke, MD, Roger Neuenschwander, MD, Richard D. Olson, PhD, Research Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center; the MSTI/MSMRI Research Institute; and the Mountain States Medical Group, Boise, Idaho
South Med J 94(11):1112-1117, 2001. © 2001 Southern Medical Association

Abstract
Background. Increasing numbers of the adult population are using alternative or complementary health resources in the treatment of chronic medical conditions. Systemic hypertension affects more than 50 million adults and is one of the most common risk factors for cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. This study evaluates the antihypertensive effectiveness of oral coenzyme Q10 (CoQ), an over-the-counter nutritional supplement, in a cohort of 46 men and 37 women with isolated systolic hypertension.
Methods. We conducted a 12-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial with twice daily administration of 60 mg of oral CoQ and determination of plasma CoQ levels before and after the 12 weeks of treatment.
Results. The mean reduction in systolic blood pressure of the CoQ-treated group was 17.8 ± 7.3 mm Hg (mean ± SEM). None of the patients exhibited orthostatic blood pressure changes.
Conclusions. Our results suggest CoQ may be safely offered to hypertensive patients as an alternative treatment option.

not sure your supposed to donate blood if you have ever done AAS. i know this question is asked by the nurse at the bank i was going to. before i stepped into the darkside.

To be honest with you, I donate for my benefit. Others benefiting from my donation is just the icing on the cake so to speak. I'm not worried about my donation considering I do nothing different with injections than any physician, RN, or tech (which I happen to be), thus I'm not putting anyone at risk with my donation. It's not as though I'm an IV drug user with a history of sharing needles and having unprotected sex!

I've used 100 mg of Co-Enzyme Q10 for years. Studies have shown it can help people with heart failure or por pumping capacity by strengthening the muscle. I can't say there's a huge difference and it is pricey but if I can do anything to help my heart out I will.

Am considering trying the fish oils.

Vito

i always take

baby aspirin
systemic enzymes
co-q10
turmeric/bioprine extract
vitamin-d
fish oil

they make you sign a form that states among many other things that you have never take steroids. I think they are mostly concerned with infectious diseases spread by dirty needles. The forms ive seen disqualify you for life if you have ever used.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131