over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HEAVY metal

Shep Diesel

Newbies
What do you listen to when your working out? The gym im at plays top 40 and sometimes they have it on the oldies!!!! Christ!! I love both of those types of music, but not at the gotdamn gym. I need to get a CD player soon. (kinda holding off for b-day coming up beginning of March)

Anywho, when i do get the player going, its ALL METAL brother. I absolutely love metal, heavy heavy shit. Bands like Hatebreed, Lamb of god, Chimaira, Dry Kill Logic, Superjoint Ritual, Kittie, Slayer, Slipknot, Mushroomhead, Primer 55, Pantera, Shadow's Fall, Motorgrater, Grade 8, and a shitload of local talent from my area including friend's bands.

I play drums, sing (& scream) and i have never found anyone EVER thats into this type of music (or just music in general) as much as me. I know several musicians, even know some national act people, and most of them dont even come close to what i know and how i feel about music.

Im jamming Hatebreeds newest effort right now ratteling dishes off my neighbors cupboards and its 10:00 PM. HA! FUCK EM!!!

Last edited:
I like me some Killswitch, NormaJean, Otep, 36 crazyfists, The Dillinger Escape Plan, all good stuff.

Ahhhh!

Killswitch engaged was at Ozzfest i do believe last year along with Otep. Both put on a killer show. I love the female singer in Otep (shes fucking hot!)
I admit ive never heard of 36 crazyfists until late last year. They were supposed to be support of the Nonpoint, Dry Kill Logic show i went to on Dec 12th, but ended up canceling at the last minute. Ive heard good things about them and hope to see them sometime soon.

And im pretty sure even though i dont believe ive heard any of their music, Dillenger is from right here in my home state of Michigan. Detroit i think.

From Autum to Ashes
Atreyu
Poison the Well
Unearth
Underoath

Hands down the best album out is the new "from autum to ashes" You gotta download the song "The after dinner payback" It will up your bench 20lbs easily.

I'm super old school. I like Rainbow, Deep Purple, UFO, MSG, Electric Sun, Scorpions, DLR era VH, Gary Moore, Thin Lizzy etc. These damn kids now a days with their D-tune gated ultra distortion rigs have nothing on someone like Michael Schenker who just pluged a Flying V into a 50 watt Marshall & wailed....

I used to be into the old speed metal bands like Metallica, Slayer, Pantara,
Sepaltura, Megadeth... then got into Cannibal Corpse, Sinister, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Carcus, Napalm Death etc.
I saw tons of these and the old rock bands too in concert, like original Led Zep, old Skynard, old Who...Aerosmith BEFORE anyone knew who the hell they were as a backup band.
The rock scene died in the late 90s and it because too hard to find enough good bands to stay interested in music.

metal

Avenged sevenfold....AFI.....Hatebreed..Prong....From Autumn to Ashes...Scars of Life, and any Social Distortion..

A question for all you metal heads....

I like heavy rock, in the recent past, bands like Disturbed, Godsmack, Sevendust, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, & Drowning Pool. I know, very mainstream arena.

For the past year, the only thing I've been listening to though is talk radio in the car. I recently got an Ipod to take to the gym with me, but I have no idea what are some good new songs to download.

If I liked the above bands, can anyone reccommend some bands, albums, or songs I should check out? I just listened to "from autumn to ashes -- after dinner payback" and to a new "hatebreed" song.

But from those bands that all you guys mentioned before, what are some good new releases?

Fullybuilt said:
From Autum to Ashes
Atreyu
Poison the Well
Unearth
Underoath

Hands down the best album out is the new "from autum to ashes" You gotta download the song "The after dinner payback" It will up your bench 20lbs easily.

i agree the after dinner payback is a SICK SICK SICK song, although i wasn't as impressed with the rest of the album ... i liked the first one better

i also have found the my chemical romance cd is great for lifting along with my old standby of any pennywise album

At 6:30am this moring I was blasting Remembering Never, and Misery Signals in my ipod. This always gets me in the mood to kill the weights!!! I also listen to an old nyc bands like Demize, Maurader, Sick of it all and Leeway. My gym always plays some shit that puts me to sleep!! Thank Apple for the ipod!!!

ASONE...

Damn...I must be getting old cause I honestly don't think I've heard a song from any of the newer bands you guys mentioned. :eek:

my comp just crashed all my music.. i have nothing now, good lifting metal bands.. killswitch, clutch, NOTHINGFACE, primer 55, fear factory, machine head, pantera, down, rage, old korn,, tool, NIN, hatebreed, slayer, old soul fly, sepultura. probably forgot a few

Black Sabbath, Meallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC....all u need

Ethan James said:
A question for all you metal heads....

I like heavy rock, in the recent past, bands like Disturbed, Godsmack, Sevendust, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, & Drowning Pool. I know, very mainstream arena.

For the past year, the only thing I've been listening to though is talk radio in the car. I recently got an Ipod to take to the gym with me, but I have no idea what are some good new songs to download.

If I liked the above bands, can anyone reccommend some bands, albums, or songs I should check out? I just listened to "from autumn to ashes -- after dinner payback" and to a new "hatebreed" song.

But from those bands that all you guys mentioned before, what are some good new releases?

try what i posted: my comp just crashed all my music.. i have nothing now, good lifting metal bands.. killswitch, clutch, NOTHINGFACE, primer 55, fear factory, machine head, pantera, down, rage, old korn,, tool, NIN, hatebreed, slayer, old soul fly, sepultura. probably forgot a few

best out of thier to lift to would probalby be bands like Nothingface ( thats the first i would go grab, killswitch is newer and great, u didnt mention fear factory they have a decade of albums all are awsome.. newer isnt neccesarly better, my favorite cd pretty hate machine by NIN was made in 1989 on an apple pc.

dave 19, we are too alike

man i was gonna post on this thread and then i read daves post, i listen to all those old bands. my fav;s would have to be soulfly and sepultura (old stuff) i must say that drowing pool before the old singer died. but all daves music he listed is the best. hatebreed is a good one also. TOOL is great. :)

Shep, Before you buy that CD player think about getting a mp3 player. Fraction of the size and hold a ton of music. Speaking of older stuff i just put some old Rage against Machine in mine yesterday :D

JAG said:
Shep, Before you buy that CD player think about getting a mp3 player. Fraction of the size and hold a ton of music. Speaking of older stuff i just put some old Rage against Machine in mine yesterday :D

good point, I wouldnt use a cd player now with todays technology, a good site to get one is www.bizrate.com, it has every store that sells the product u want listed and arranged them out by cheapest price you can save usually a few hundred their..

OTEP.... they kick ass... download "Battle Ready" and "Sepsis"

they drop a new album any week now.......

they put on a hell of a show, as does Mushroomhead, Zombie, Gwar, Full Blown Chaos, Hatebreed. I just saw Body Count and they rocked!!! plus i got to see Coco butt nekkid :)

and the new Static-X is unreal!!!!!

downloads: team hate, cannibal, destroyer, no submission.... hell.. the whole album start to finish is BAD ASS....

i'm gonna be playing nothing but this in the gym for the next month....

hell, i'm going to the gun range tomorrow and i'll be rocking it while i send lead down range!!!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws