over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help me with my girlfriend's diet

As far as the amount of shakes. Its hard to get her to eat enough protein. Its like pulling teeth.

To be more specific in what we're doing she is trying with weights mwf and performing supersets with opposing muscle groups with 1 minute rests between supersets. We are alternating upper body days and lower body days. Then fasted morning hit cardio for 15 mins the other days. She's very agreeable to everything suggested and has embraced the lifestyle. Has only had one cheat meal in 6 weeks. When she feels the need we make protein ice cream or something. She really likes a wide variety of fruits and veggies but getting protein down is her problem. That's why we use shakes.

We track all of her calories and all food is weighed and measured. She is eating 1650 calories with the above macros with meals split into carb/fat or pro/fat. Most meals include fibrous veggies. I can get her to sub one of the shakes for lean meats occasionally, but she prefers to use shakes for pro and eat the rest.

Progress this far is very good. I just wanted advice where to go from here. I know if i keep cutting her calories then we will get stuck with super low calories before she reaches her goal. She wants to get lean and maintain a good amount of muscle. The bikini/fitness look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Shit her calories are higher than mine..... kill the Quest bars and shakes.... Quest bars are delicious but have it as a cheat if anything. Just my .02

As far as the amount of shakes. Its hard to get her to eat enough protein. Its like pulling teeth.

To be more specific in what we're doing she is trying with weights mwf and performing supersets with opposing muscle groups with 1 minute rests between supersets. We are alternating upper body days and lower body days. Then fasted morning hit cardio for 15 mins the other days. She's very agreeable to everything suggested and has embraced the lifestyle. Has only had one cheat meal in 6 weeks. When she feels the need we make protein ice cream or something. She really likes a wide variety of fruits and veggies but getting protein down is her problem. That's why we use shakes.

We track all of her calories and all food is weighed and measured. She is eating 1650 calories with the above macros with meals split into carb/fat or pro/fat. Most meals include fibrous veggies. I can get her to sub one of the shakes for lean meats occasionally, but she prefers to use shakes for pro and eat the rest.

Progress this far is very good. I just wanted advice where to go from here. I know if i keep cutting her calories then we will get stuck with super low calories before she reaches her goal. She wants to get lean and maintain a good amount of muscle. The bikini/fitness look.

You are right, that is why increasing work load should be first. I think she needs more cardio and more times per week to work out. I am training my cousin's daughter now. She has dropped 30 pounds, but still needs to get a slightly leaner. I did not drop her calories as much as adjust her protein higher and healthy fats and increase work load. She does carb adjusting every 4 days.

Attachments

• 10291741_250766628444655_2257294227695204967_n.jpg
    10291741_250766628444655_2257294227695204967_n.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 220
Great progress with her. I'm reading Shelbys book on carb cycling.

Hey :p...when i first replyed and asked if she was picky....i only saw the first photograph cause i had my phone screen magnified to read..i think she has done great so far :) and patience and the determination she has now will get her to her goal x

Just a thought as well. Try skipping cheats and doing a refeed day we did this for me just u adjust for a woman. I take in 350 grams of carbs daily. Every fourth day my coach throws in a day where I eat 6 bagels so one bagel with every meal. I chose to eat cinnamon raisin but she could choose whatever she wanted.

Another ridculous post. And if you have her at 1200 calories, where will you go from there? Did you ask even once what kind of foods she is eating? Times of day? Meals per day? Are they balanced? No, you didn't. You do know that DIETs with certain foods will increase fat burning and not just calories? :rolleyes: Not to mention breakfast is one the most important meals of the day. You don't tell someone not to eat for 3 hours in the morning, ask any top nutritionist why. You are not one. Next time determine BMR by asking a lot more questions, what her heart rate is at for Cardio and how to get her healthy. You are clueless about anything with this girl and what is best for her. One size does not fit all. Let her get someone like Shelby, who knows what he is doing. :cool:

Many people use intermittent fasting as a successful dieting strategy. Clearly you are one of the brainwashed people by muscle mags and forums such as this one (I do not currently IF, but have used it in the past with great success).

Oh, are you going to spew out some coconut oil crap now?

No offense to her, but she clearly does not have much LBM to worry about losing when dieting. A moderate to extreme deficit for 2 weeks is not going to throw her into starvation mode. Not to mention the idea of metabolic damage is absurd. It's not a permanent thing.

As weight is lost, calories must be lowered further for weight loss to occur or energy expenditure must be increased.

Another ridculous post. And if you have her at 1200 calories, where will you go from there? Did you ask even once what kind of foods she is eating? Times of day? Meals per day? Are they balanced? No, you didn't. You do know that DIETs with certain foods will increase fat burning and not just calories? :rolleyes: Not to mention breakfast is one the most important meals of the day. You don't tell someone not to eat for 3 hours in the morning, ask any top nutritionist why. You are not one. Next time determine BMR by asking a lot more questions, what her heart rate is at for Cardio and how to get her healthy. You are clueless about anything with this girl and what is best for her. One size does not fit all. Let her get someone like Shelby, who knows what he is doing. :cool:

breakfast as one of the most important meals of the day has got to be one of the worst sayings ever.

if you want to marble yourself up as is done in bb might be a way to go. for health and what most of the general population needs eating less is far better.

eating in the mornign is in general a bad idea, unless you are doign some form of work or cardio first. there is just no reason to eat, and you are desensitizing yourslef in a nuber of hormal processes.

you are aware that across all speicies eatign 35% below baseline increases life span by roughly 40-45% right? more importantly increase effective life span, fights disease and aging...

what does balanced mean?

we can certainly generalize by what is mentioned that she is overweight, long slow cardio is gona help with wieght loss and general health.

use alanine and leucine to hold onto muscle.

i often see people doing crazy workouts with chicks. shti that i couldnt recover from even using low to moderate gear so keep that in mind, dont overtrain her just to drop weight.

nuts or an egg or two durring the day will give you healthy fat and some protien, she doesnt need a retarded amount especially if you add in some aminos.

lba's are great supp and super easy to work someone new into as the taste amazing. might be a better option then protien.

I came on here to ask for diet advice to help with my girlfriend as I was only used to doing my own diet and I have a very high metabolism which takes out quite a bit of difficulty when it comes to calorie manipulation. I took most of the advice and put it to work. The routine is as follows:

Carb cycling with moderate to high carbs on training days and low carbs on non training days using Shelby's macros.

One big cheat meal on friday night followed by a fast as long into saturday night as she could and then a high protein meal with veggies.

Three days a week weight training alternating upper and lower body.

Three days a week fasted AM cardio.

She was able to continue progress without any further calorie drops and maintained her sanity with an ice cream maker and protein ice cream. She said she like it better than store bought and it was her last meal before bed every night and easy to adjust the macros to what she needed. Just wanted to say thanks for the help. Here are the progress pics so far. Not too bad muscle gains for a 40 year old woman.

collage1.jpeg

Thanks. She has worked very hard. Squats, pulling deadlifts, training with intensity. She wants to lean out just a little more.

Increase cardio sessions and increase lean meats like tuna or chicken. Keep to the basics and u will be fine. Eat eat eat clean then cardio cardio and train..

great job bro. you have to give her a diet that is maintainable. if you drop cals to low she going to have bad cravings and go into rebound. what i suggest to anyone who is looking to lose weight and be healthy is to eat when hungry (intuitive eating) but make healthy choices 80% of the time and use the other 20% or so to have what they want.

great job bro. you have to give her a diet that is maintainable. if you drop cals to low she going to have bad cravings and go into rebound. what i suggest to anyone who is looking to lose weight and be healthy is to eat when hungry (intuitive eating) but make healthy choices 80% of the time and use the other 20% or so to have what they want.

We have a winner!!! Well said and this is what I been trying to tell people. No sense to starve someone who will just not stick to it and go back to the same things. This is long term and you want to look good all year. That has to be something that she enjoys and can do all year. No one can starve and think they can stick with that. When some of you guys get me age and yes I am going on 55, not starve and be lean, that will be the ultimate goal for you on this board.

OP. she made great progress and I am glad you listen to reason, Shelby is one smart guy. Well done! :)

Fact or Fiction: Breakfast is the Most Important Meal of the Day / Nutrition / Healthy Eating

We have a winner!!! Well said and this is what I been trying to tell people. No sense to starve someone who will just not stick to it and go back to the same things. This is long term and you want to look good all year. That has to be something that she enjoys and can do all year. No one can starve and think they can stick with that. When some of you guys get me age and yes I am going on 55, not starve and be lean, that will be the ultimate goal for you on this board.

OP. she made great progress and I am glad you listen to reason, Shelby is one smart guy. Well done! :)

Fact or Fiction: Breakfast is the Most Important Meal of the Day / Nutrition / Healthy Eating

yeah, once and a while i give a smart comment. :D

breakfast as one of the most important meals of the day has got to be one of the worst sayings ever.

if you want to marble yourself up as is done in bb might be a way to go. for health and what most of the general population needs eating less is far better.

eating in the mornign is in general a bad idea, unless you are doign some form of work or cardio first. there is just no reason to eat, and you are desensitizing yourslef in a nuber of hormal processes.

you are aware that across all speicies eatign 35% below baseline increases life span by roughly 40-45% right? more importantly increase effective life span, fights disease and aging...

what does balanced mean?

we can certainly generalize by what is mentioned that she is overweight, long slow cardio is gona help with wieght loss and general health.

I couldn't disagree more.
so how long should one starve? wait til that evening? wait til the next day? next week maybe to get really ripped...?
i don't think WHEN you eat is nearly as important as WHAT.
-JS

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear