advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Fructose corn syrup is not like sugar...

I agree, however, if you replaced HFCS with crystalline Fructose....I don't think you would solve the obesity issue either. Most sweet plants are sweet from the fructose content. Corn is no exception. Sugar Cane is not a fruit yet it has a high amount of fructose. A beet is not a fruit yet it contains a high amount of fructose (remember, sucrose is about 50% fructose and 50% Glucose).

So ultimately, you can replace HFCS with any of the other "natural sweeteners" and you would still be getting huge amounts of Fructose.

But yes, I do agree that you would have a hard time filling your grocery cart with foods that don't have HFCS. The reason it is HFCS and not some other type of Fructose is because HFCS is the cheapest at the moment and producers will do anything to keep costs down. But if sucrose became cheaper than HFCS, I am 100% sure you would see everything switch over to sucrose which would still not solve any issues since there is still fructose in sucrose.

Just a little taste experiment to add. I saw Pepsi's throwback about a month ago and said "hell, why not". Win one for advertising. Anyway, I thought real sugar would taste better. Nope. It reminded me of being a kid and digging into a bowl of cereal after your wise ass friends over sugared it. The soda was gritty and had a horrible after taste.

I know hfcs is no better in the health department, but it was marketed as a cheaper and better tasting alternative to sugar. After that soda I would have to agree.

gee whiz the commercials I see on tv say that its no difference than cane sugar...I know that if its on TV it has to be true!

makes you kind of wonder why they are shoveling that shit down our throats I'm sure its in our own interest....

Corn is subsidized by the U.S. government, so....

Next time you go to the groceries store try to fill your cart with only foods that have no HFCS....
Unless you stay in the fresh produce/Meat sections you will not be able to fill your cart full...Guarantee
Everything from Peanut butter to bread has HFCS..everything!!!
HFCS is the reason for today's Obesity issues. If you don't think so then please tell us what is the problem...
And for those who still think HFCS is similar to fructose...
sense when is corn a fruit?

Truth. I agree with you brother. And THIS is the problem America. Yes, everything in moderation compared to physical activity/attributes is relatively safe, yada yada yada. The bottom line is that too many products have HFCS and not enough people are aware that it can have downstream implications to your health with prolonged use over a long period of time, especially for those that aren't as fit as those of us who are part of a damn fitness board.

The underlying issue are not the manufacturers, it's the FDA's reluctance and/or ignorance to more stringently govern product labeling in addition to what is approved for human consumption. Think aspartame...now in conjuction do a search on Donald Rumsfeld. The FDA is not looking into the best interest of the people but are doing what they feel will generate the most revenue for the government. Happy searching.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131