over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Honestly, there is a secret to growth

BODY ENGLISH, where safe can be used to do this as well. Take decline bench. im sure we have all lifted our ass of the bench to squeeze out that extra rep. you changed the lift to a certain degree so that body mechanics worked in your favor. now what if you used a weight that you couldnt lift without this adjustment, then controlled the negative with perfect form so to speak. same with curls, certain back and tricep exercises. and with the right ingenuity even dips(think HS dip machine here).

The basic principle is verry simple, your stronger on the negative, so why use the same weight you can lift in the concentric part of the motion, which is inherently weaker, to perform the negative.

another way to achieve PROGRESSIVE RESISTANCE, Within each rep!

Phil next cruise, in the DC sence, im going to play with this. Thanks

WOW, this is a great tread, i am really liking the input from everyone, especially ways to maximize w.o. when you are solo, like most of us are.....if ever lucky enough to have a good partner, this will be great to try.....

Maybe this is part of the reason I was finally able to get my biceps to grow again. Thought I don't have a spotter to help, I use a bit of body English to get the straight bar up and then let it down controlled. Hence I am using more than I could otherwise on the concentric.
By 'cheating' I've gone up to 185 from 135 on my working set and my arms show the difference.
Please keep in mind this is a controlled cheat - not some sloppy spastic fit like you often see in the gym... :D

Dante's drag curls are perfect for this.

Same as Vince's drag curls ;)

I think proper Vince's curls were drag on up and down , Dante's is drag on negative only , so you can cheat a bit on way up.:)

Unless you have some kind of information about how often to use heavy concentrics, I think personal experimentation might lead to overuse injuries or over-training symptoms.

Just being logical, because I dont know 10% of what Phil knows, this would have a great effect on the muscle body but might overtax connective tissue.

So; do you do this over set, every rep, every workout? Or, do you intersperse one set of heavy concentrics within 3 working sets?

PHIL

2 questions:

1) How much "force" is your partner supposed to give as resistance?

2) what specific excersizes would these not be utilized on?

thanks

Unless you have some kind of information about how often to use heavy concentrics, I think personal experimentation might lead to overuse injuries or over-training symptoms.

Just being logical, because I dont know 10% of what Phil knows, this would have a great effect on the muscle body but might overtax connective tissue.

So; do you do this over set, every rep, every workout? Or, do you intersperse one set of heavy concentrics within 3 working sets?

One week heavy and one week moderate. 3 sets after warm-up.

Awesome thread-thanks Phil and everyone-going to give this a go

negatives do work wonders for me ...

I get such a good pump on ...

great info here ...

Tried it today........My Pecs have never "burnt" in a W/O before until today..... Like the burn from a bicep burnout set.

My training partner cooked his Triceps pushing down so hard!!! Hehehehe!
Awesome.....I just might be sore tomorrow, we'll see. :p

One week heavy and one week moderate. 3 sets after warm-up.

I have your book on this, never tried it because of having someone to be there on each side but I think I can probably find a few people since its only on one exercise. On the other exercises what do you do when it says say 4 sets of 10, how do you work the other exercises after the negative exercise?

I have your book on this, never tried it because of having someone to be there on each side but I think I can probably find a few people since its only on one exercise. On the other exercises what do you do when it says say 4 sets of 10, how do you work the other exercises after the negative exercise?

Slow down and fast up, in a continous motion.

i used to train this way when i had a partner and it was the strongest i ever been.
man, this thread is motivating me to have a workout partner again...
-JS

Slow down and fast up, in a continous motion.

Do you stick with the same weight each set on the last 1 or 2 exercises until you hit say 10 reps on all 4 sets if thats the rep range your shooting for?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvier woods
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws