over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you bring up a lagging bodypart?

bigguns078

Registered
I hear about bodybuilders bringing up lagging bodyparts all the time... My question is how does a bodybuilder go about this?? Considering you are training all bodyparts with total consentration and intensity and making sure you have excellent training sessions.. Do you make sure you get extra calories before training that bodypart?? Do you go extra heavy?? Forced Reps?? Do you make sure you gently plenty of sleep the night before??
Do you take it easy on other bodyparts and train intensely on the lagging bodyparts so they continue to grow while the rest of your body is in a maintenance mode?? Or is there something else bodybuilders do...

In the instance you just described, the only reason for a lagging body part would be either an injury or a lack of mind-muscle connection. So, what I would do is work on the mind muscle connection in that body part and it should eventually grow ... once you got the MM down, 2 vials of IGF wouldnt hurt

train it after a day off, and train it first in that workout.

i do this with arms and calves. i think they were lagging because for so many years i thought i had to train them last.

Train those parts more intensely and give them more rest. Or maybe... Synthol?

I train them less in a single session but more often in the week ... and only with intensification methods (rest pause, drop sets, giant sets ...)

Try to put a mental log in your head to train the body part harder, if you train all your body parts hard. Train your lagging body parts even harder, as said above after a day off or at the start of the week after resting.

if its a smaller part like your bi's or tri's, try either training them by themselves for a few weeks or train them twice a week, one light day, one heavy day. If it's legs, chest or back, try making every exercise you do a heavy compound exercise and DON'T overtrain. Do maybe 4 exercises 3 to 4 sets a piece and maybe ramp up your protien intake an extra 100 to 150 grams the day you train the lagging body part.

you could be overtraining. not training enough. it depends on bodypart(musclesize) . try changing your routine for that bodypart. do completely diff. exercises.

For me, my legs due to all my surgeries are the weak link. I just put it into my head to fucking destroy them. I want to lay on my back and be dying by the end of my workout and if not, then well I keep going til it happens. I do anything and everything and sometimes I will just do 20 sets of squats with 225 for 20 reps. Always striving for 20, or other times I do the Milos Sarcev way of training legs. I even do Dante's way for a week or two. The point being is I think if a bodypart is truly weak that by training it differently all the time it forces your mental approach to be more in tune with your weak bodypart because you are always changing the landscape of the work you are performing.

Train them 1st, brief, hard and really stretch them. Try something to really shock the muscle for a few weeks.

Other than that I here of some secret stuff called SEO or something like that for the hardcore.

I feel the best way to do this is by training ONLY that muscle or that split 2x per week, and every thing else just once. I would incorporate advanced training techniques into each day. Work out #1 can be mainly complex, very heavy low reps. Work out #2 would involve more concentration, and advanced techniques such as super sets, stripping, negatives, forced, ect...

I have used this in the past and it has always worked well for me.

I remember years ago Flex magazine had a section every month and gave a ruotine for specializing on different bodyparts and how to go about training it. It said something about going with a lighter weight on your other bodyparts while you go all out twice a week on the bodypart your priortizing. I'll see if I can't find them old magazines, they're about 8-10 years old.

Awesome.. thanks for all the feedback.. I like the idea of cruising on other bodyparts so you have more energy to train hard on the lagging bodyparts.. I also like the idea of training that bodypart more often.. Since i will be doing DC training come this offseason, i think it will make a difference..

One last question... As far as nutrition intake goes.. I like the idea mentioned of really increasing the protein intake.. Any other nutritional tips.. Should the day i train the weak bodypart have alot of fat calories? Carb calories? A mix of the two.. I find that i am stronger when i eat pasta.. Should my preworkout meal include pasta?? Or should i eat it earlier in the day? Should i really bump up my fat intake?? Take in extra Omega 3,6, and 9 fats on that day?

Hey man, as far as other nutrition advice, on the day(s) you are training the lagging body part, instead of pasta, which really will cause more bloating or water retention, just throw in an extra sweet potato or bowl of brown rice for the meal 2 hours before and 1 hour after your training. Keep your fats the same, just double up the protein powder in your shakes for the day.

Out of curiosity, what is your lagging body part?

On weaker bodyparts (for me that would be chest and back) I eat my higher carb on these days...I also, hit them harder than I would other bodyparts...For example my quads and calves are very good....So for quads I just do Leg press (4 x 20 reps), Leg Exten (2-3 x 15-20 reps) ...Thats it for quads, for calves I just hit them about once or twice a week with a movement for 3 or 4 sets for about 20 reps, I dont go to failure on either bodypart just close to...

As for chest or back...I hit them with extra sets ,forced reps, negatives, supersets, ect ,ect...I just try to destory them...Also, with back or chest I acrtully will try to hit them twice a week if possiable...I dont really have a set schedule with my bodyparts (I just hit one bodypart a day, and take days off when I feel I need it) ....

Hope that helps

chris

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
RES15NMV
NapsGear