mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you know if you're having tendon problems? Picture of my arm inside...

SacToSD

Registered
So, I am curious about something... I've been having recurring pain/soreness in a specific spot on my bicep, and I'm trying to figure out if I should be worried, or not. The pain is very mild, but it's there, and feels like something has been strained. This pain is located on my arm, not my forearm, right where the bicep ends (in the tendon region) closest to the elbow. I'm attaching a picture so you can see it. It gets aggravated when I do bicep work, and back work. Should I be worried about tearing a tendon? Any advice for what to do with it? Thanks bros

Attachments

• arm.JPG
    arm.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 933
I used to get pain in the same area, both arms, when I was powerlifting.
It was from squats and carrying the bar low.

As to whether or not you risk rupturing it, that I don't know.
What I do know is that high rep sets of 20-25 with a weight I could do 30+ reps for in hammer curls went a long way towards getting rid of the pain.

This sport is hard

So, I am curious about something... I've been having recurring pain/soreness in a specific spot on my bicep, and I'm trying to figure out if I should be worried, or not. The pain is very mild, but it's there, and feels like something has been strained. This pain is located on my arm, not my forearm, right where the bicep ends (in the tendon region) closest to the elbow. I'm attaching a picture so you can see it. It gets aggravated when I do bicep work, and back work. Should I be worried about tearing a tendon? Any advice for what to do with it? Thanks bros

Are you sure you want to be a bodybuilder? This sport is filled with pain and suffering. You never feel really good and it gets worse. This sport is hard baby it aint Club Med.

Do you curl with a barbell? If so, try single arm dumbell curls, spotting with your off-hand.

Also, if your on winny, get off it.

You make a good point, aeliop. I take this stuff one day at a time, and yes, I would like to do what you guys do. As far as this arm issue goes, I am inbetween med insurance right now so I'm trying to watch my butt. On a side note, I've been strict with my dirt and should be able t show some good progress to you guys by the end of the month. Thanks for the reply
Are you sure you want to be a bodybuilder? This sport is filled with pain and suffering. You never feel really good and it gets worse. This sport is hard baby it aint Club Med.

Edit above post suretext on blackberry subbed dirt for diet.

I do agree to a certain extend with you aeliop but certain issues such as pain while lifting in the tendons can actually cause more harm than good in the long run..as for those idots that complain of "pain" from stiff joints or tight muscles...well..they can go screw themselves..:)

Well, i am also experiencing the same pain as what sactosd is going thru now, always experiencing pain whenever i do a bicep pose or hammer curl, basically any curling movement..but more towards the lower forearm area on the left arm.. No idea what the hell is causing it but i'm just sucking it up and continue to lift the weights required(yes, i know its sounds contradicting to what i said earlier)....hurts but what the hell....though im noticing a slight size difference in the left and right bicep..

Last edited:

I just incurred the same strain in the same area. It was from going heavy with barbell curls. I can get around the pain if I do alternate db curls. Preacher curls I do not extend all the way down and put stress on this area.

I just started injecting GH in that area and the pain subsided. I hope it helps speed up recovery.

always experiencing pain whenever i do a bicep pose or hammer curl, basically any curling movement..but more towards the lower forearm area on the left arm

i had something similar 2 years ago. i worked through the pain for probably 6 months and every curl hurt. its not a nice feeling like when you work the muscle. it was a burning gnawing pain. i think it was an inflamed tendon. anyway, i let it rest. i cant remember how long it took but i let it fully heal. i haven't had that pain since... so just a suggestion, i'd let it rest.

... and for Sac, i don't know what that pain could be from. i've never had that one. sorry

Last edited:
Just wondering, u never trained biceps at all during the whole rest period? I wonder if i could even contemplate that thought of not even training them:cool:

i had something similar 2 years ago. i worked through the pain for probably 6 months and every curl hurt. its not a nice feeling like when you work the muscle. it was a burning gnawing pain. i think it was an inflamed tendon. anyway, i let it rest. i cant remember how long it took but i let it fully heal. i haven't had that pain since... so just a suggestion, i'd let it rest.

... and for Sac, i don't know what that pain could be from. i've never had that one. sorry

Just wondering, u never trained biceps at all during the whole rest period? I wonder if i could even contemplate that thought of not even training them:cool:

i did no lifting at all for over a month. i probably never would have taken time off but i strained my right lat bad enough to scare me off the weights for a while. it was like a blessing in disguise i guess because my forearm tendon pain hasn't been back after that time off... but if i developed the pain again today and it persisted, and i knew it wasn't going away if i kept lifting; i would take time off.... i think:p

i did no lifting at all for over a month. i probably never would have taken time off but i strained my right lat bad enough to scare me off the weights for a while. it was like a blessing in disguise i guess because my forearm tendon pain hasn't been back after that time off... but if i developed the pain again today and it persisted, and i knew it wasn't going away if i kept lifting; i would take time off.... i think:p

Like Machola I had to take some time off, it was 1.5 or maybe 2 months off, and that really helped. Now 14 months or so back into it I am starting to get bad pain again, so I will push through for a while then I will probably need to take some time off. BTW, NSAIDs and braces never really helped.

I have been having the same problem with a bicep tendon in my right arm. It hurts while I am doing any movement that requires pulling and my left arm has been growing faster than my right arm which sucks b/c I was very symetrical before.... I am considering getting some physical therapy... I bet that ultrasound therapy and some deep massaging would really help. Doing partial reps (not extending my arm completely out) seems to be the way to go to avoid pain (for me). I don't mind pain, I just don't want to seriously injure myself to the point where I have to take an extended period of time off for recovery...like i've done before:p

training through pain is to be expected.. but, it can also cause permanent damage and tears.. it could be chronic imflammation.. tendonitis ect.. or something worse.. if it persists then see a sports doc and make sure of what it is..

eh i get stuff like that on and off, i get deep tissure massages every other week, really helps.

thanks for all the replies, guys. Very helpful. How can you increase collagen synthesis without gh or eq? I'm going to research this, today. Without medical insurance, I'd better work on preventive measures for this kind of thing. My arm is feeling better, today... I did my back workout, which included rows and pullups, yesterday, and I made sure to take it easy and not go so heavy... meaning no weighted pullups, and no till failure type of stuff with my rows. Just nice and steady. The pain seems to have subsided giving it a break. I'm still too stubborn to stop training my back all the way, but I will probably give my biceps a break tomorrow when I do curls/isolation work. At least my left bicep, anyways ;) I'll still exercise the right one. Who cares about symmetry? hahaha

Ice the area 3 times a day until it goes numb.
Stay away from preacher bench curls and barbell curls.
Use light weight and dumbells for curls so your hands aren't fixed in one position. You can also use cables with a strap or ropes, so you can make subtle adjustments in hand position.
If no improvement start taking an anti-inflammatory.
If necessary lay off all bicep work for a couple months (that's what I had to do)

look into cissus bro, i love it been using it on and off for about a year or so, also systemic enzymes work well

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyjoe8605
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131