advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How important is the anabolic window truly?…

JaredLinez

Registered
Newbies
Some days, like today for example… life happens and I end up fasting for a few hours post workout before my carb heavy meal.

Is this something I should be worried about? I see so much debate regarding it.

I mean I wouldn’t want to do that all the time but one day here or there isn’t going to hurt really. It probably robbed you of about .002% of todays progress. If you stressed about it then that stressing was probably worse for you than the delay in meal timing.

Some days, like today for example… life happens and I end up fasting for a few hours post workout before my carb heavy meal.

Is this something I should be worried about? I see so much debate regarding it.
My opinion, the 'anabolic window' is always open.

I mean I wouldn’t want to do that all the time but one day here or there isn’t going to hurt really. It probably robbed you of about .002% of todays progress. If you stressed about it then that stressing was probably worse for you than the delay in meal timing.
Yeah, more so gf got in an accident so went straight to the scene. Talked to cops for hours… Normally I eat it immediately post if possible. Thanks for the insight.

in order of importance

1. daily calorie target and daily protein target
2. hitting roughly 40g of protein per meal for about 4 meals spread over roughly 4 hours ea
3. meal timing around training...if someone knew they were going to be fasted 8+ hours and / or training fasted and not be able top eat immediately after that is a scenario where EAA may actually be beneficial to that person. If this were the case just either have a whey RTD or EAA with / around you so you can grab and use in that scenario

Probably a lot more important to people not on gear. But probably useful to enhanced athletes as well, as long as you’re handling what @AllOkJumpmaster detailed out as well.

It’s an optimization thing - leverage it if you can, but don’t sweat it if you miss it on occasion.

I honestly don't feel like it makes that big if a difference. I may be wrong. Over diet is about a billion times more important.

According to my Cell-Tech™️ jug, if you don’t consume adequate nutrition within 30min after your workout then your body will catabolize your muscle tissue and you will in fact be smaller than before the workout. If done enough times you will have no tissue left to catabolize and you will die.

Adequate daily calories and protein matter more. I think it only matters if you used insulin pre workout. If you're trying to stay your leanest possible while growing than timing carbs to be mostly used pre/intra/post is beneficial.

Adequate daily calories and protein matter more. I think it only matters if you used insulin pre workout. If you're trying to stay your leanest possible while growing than timing carbs to be mostly used pre/intra/post is beneficial.
Can you explain the post carbs importance for staying lean if not on slin?

Pre and intra make sense, as it’s fueling your performance. Curious about the post though.

Can you explain the post carbs importance for staying lean if not on slin?

Pre and intra make sense, as it’s fueling your performance. Curious about the post though.

Well if you can, have X amount of carbs per day, and you are not doing keto you can have some of them be post workout. I prefer pre/intra

The “window” has a very slight increase in benefits but honestly makes very little impact overall.

Consuming carbs and EAA intra workout has shown to boost recovery by starting the recovery process quicker and would be more beneficial than consuming a meal or shake within the “window”. The anabolic window is more beneficial to supp companies selling you protein than it actually is to improving your gains.

I used to have a friend in college who did the warrior diet. His workouts were at 6am and his feeding window was 6pm-10pm. For eleven hours after his workout, he only drank water. With no gear he got stronger and leaner and didn’t report any negative impact on performance because he made sure to hit his macro totals in that four hours.

I think for 99% of people it simply doesn’t matter and concur with those that think it is a marketing ploy. Like @SouthernMuscle, I too had the same jug of Cell-Tech back in the day. Of course there is evidence of nutrient timing being optimal, but some would have you believe you would gain another 10lb of lean tissue per year if you obsess over it. I only think it matters if you are really pushing the scale in the 250-300 range simply because you need every opportunity to consume calories to maintain and increase your weight. The bigger, more experienced guys on this board have all said at one time or another how fast they can drop weight if they’re not on top of their meals for whatever reason.

it dosn't matter even for pros, justin harris and patrick tuor explained this. nothing happens move on eat when you can muscle and biology don't work like that. its great for supplement makers to market products that can increase uptake in this window LOL. just eat your meals when you can and thats it.

in order of importance

1. daily calorie target and daily protein target
2. hitting roughly 40g of protein per meal for about 4 meals spread over roughly 4 hours ea
3. meal timing around training...if someone knew they were going to be fasted 8+ hours and / or training fasted and not be able top eat immediately after that is a scenario where EAA may actually be beneficial to that person. If this were the case just either have a whey RTD or EAA with / around you so you can grab and use in that scenario
I think this sums it up. I'll also add I'm a believer in high protein especially if dieting. 350g is preferable to 200. If using slin the window becomes more important..

What is the optimal best in theory probably doesn't matter as long as it gets done at some point.

A few hours is nothing, i wouldnt stress about it.
Like others have said, If the rest of the day youre consistent and hittng what you need to be hitting, you're fine.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131