advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how long does the test boost effects last from hcg?

What I have always thought is that getting your natural Endogenous hormones back to balance was a very slow process. IMO HCG's role is to increase natural test allowing your body to come down from high levels instead of making your body fight its way up from low levels. Shock thos testes back to life

-HCG's half life is 24 hours active life 64 hours
-and your body wont maintain unnatural levels for long after stopping
I would guess a 3 days supra high levels

I have a college physiology text book that shows a graph with the effects of HCG administration on a normal male. The test levels were elevated and then fell below the starting normal state at day 6 I believe. SO whenever I used to use HCG I would do it about once every 5 days or so.

What I have always thought is that getting your natural Endogenous hormones back to balance was a very slow process. IMO HCG's role is to increase natural test allowing your body to come down from high levels instead of making your body fight its way up from low levels. Shock thos testes back to life

hCG is merely a mimic of the hormones LH,FSH,TSH...It's structually pratically identical to the hormones mentioned...So, really, when men use it for test production, they are still keeping part of the HPTA shut down. LH is produced by the pituitary gland at the command from the hypothalamus gland...When you use hCG you are basically keeping the pituitary and hypothalamus supressed becasue you are supplementing LH (hCG)...Same sceniaro when taking steroids. hCG is merely mimicking idealy what LH does at the testes level. LH casues the testes (balls) to produce test. Now the test that is produced is "natural", however, it wasn't produced the way the body does it. Your pituitary and hypothalamus are responisible for LH delievry and production then it is sent to the testes where the LH and some other hormones produce the test...

I would run the hCG thruout the cycle to keep my testes in check DURING the cycle...This makes it easeir for the HPTA to get back to norm...

If you take hCG as a PCT, in my opinon you are just pissing in the wind...Why?...Becasue you are still keeping your pituitary and hypothalamus supressed, even tho you still are making your balls produce the test...Keep you balls thruout the WHOLE cycle and you will find that when you do PCT it's a more effeicent way of comming back...Again, hCG will supress the HPTA just like steroids...In my opioon you don't want to do hCG as a post cycle thearpy or as a "test booster"!...It's not going to help your HPTA recover, it will supress just like steroids...

LIPS

Last edited:
since its a temp boost u know?

It's the same principle as when using streroids...When you are using, it's helping to proudce test, when not, no test...So, when the hCG has deminished/stoped, then it should be a few days for the active life to subside...In other words, rough estimate, you may get after last injection of hCG, maybe 3-4 days of test being produced to some degree...Then, nota!

hCG isn't a test booster like you are thinking...Test boosters are (ex.) trib,longjack, etc...They will not surpess you HPTA like hCG will...

LIPS

LIPS

Last edited:
hCG isn't a test booster like you are thinking...Test boosters are (ex.) trib,longjack, etc...They will not surpess you HPTA like hCG will...
I think if those herbs raised test they would suppress parts of the HPTA as well, to some degree. The body seeks homeostasis. HCG hasn't been shown to be suppressive in itself. It's the testosterone and estrogen it stimulates that is suppressive.

I think if those herbs raised test they would suppress parts of the HPTA as well, to some degree. The body seeks homeostasis. HCG hasn't been shown to be suppressive in itself. It's the testosterone and estrogen it stimulates that is suppressive.

My understanding was that it suppresses LH, which in turn suppresses test after discontinuing HCG.

My understanding was that it suppresses LH,

My understanding is that it doesn't seem to.

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1989 Jul;69(1):170-6.
Inability to demonstrate an ultrashort loop feedback mechanism for luteinizing hormone in humans.

Kyle CV, Griffin J, Jarrett A, Odell WD.

Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City 84132.

hCG has biological properties similar to those of LH, but can be measured separately from LH by current radioimmunometric assays. To investigate the possible existence of an autoregulatory mechanism for LH in humans, we compared the basal LH concentrations and the LH response to a GnRH stimulus with and without prior administration of hCG. On two separate occasions, at least 1 week apart, six normal (eugonadal) males and six normal postmenopausal females were given, in random order, either 10,000 IU hCG or saline followed by iv injection of a 200-micrograms bolus of GnRH. Blood samples were then taken 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, 240, and 300 min after GnRH. Serum concentrations of LH and hCG were measured at each time by two monoclonal antibody sandwich assays developed in our laboratory. After exogenous hCG, serum hCG concentrations rose rapidly to 200-500 IU/L (15,000-35,000 pg/mL) in both the men and women, remaining at this high level throughout the study. In the men, sex steroid concentrations did not change in response to the hCG during the 9 study hours. Compared to saline-treated controls, hCG had no significant effect in either men or postmenopausal women on the basal LH concentration or the response to a GnRH bolus, as determined by peak response and area under the LH/time curve between 0-300 min after GnRH. We conclude that an ultrashort loop feedback mechanism for LH on its own secretion does not exist in humans, as assessed by the present protocol.
J Assist Reprod Genet. 1992 Apr;9(2):124-7.
Endogenous luteinizing hormone surges following administration of human chorionic gonadotropin: further evidence for lack of loop feedback in humans.

Nader S, Berkowitz AS.

Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Texas Medical School, Houston 77030.

The existence of inhibitory short- and ultrashort-loop feedback mechanisms for luteinizing hormone (LH), while documented in animals, has been questioned in humans. Since human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) binds to LH receptors but can be distinguished from LH in immunoassays, it is possible to identify LH surges in the face of exogenously administered hCG. The present study demonstrates LH surges at midcycle in normal volunteers and in women undergoing controlled ovarian hyperstimulation, given hCG. This provides further evidence for lack of loop feedback control of LH secretion in humans.

There might be more to the story. In that case someone who knows please comment.

Last edited:
I would run the hCG thruout the cycle to keep my testes in check DURING the cycle...This makes it easeir for the HPTA to get back to norm...

i agree

a protocol i have read while on is 250iu every other day - also goes well with HMG 15iu EOD

my american dr would give it to me once a week @ 1000 units two days before i injected test c. He said that way i would get a bost when my test levels would be falling at the end of the week.

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1989 Jul;69(1):170-6.
Inability to demonstrate an ultrashort loop feedback mechanism for luteinizing hormone in humans.

Kyle CV, Griffin J, Jarrett A, Odell WD.

Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City 84132.

hCG has biological properties similar to those of LH, but can be measured separately from LH by current radioimmunometric assays. To investigate the possible existence of an autoregulatory mechanism for LH in humans, we compared the basal LH concentrations and the LH response to a GnRH stimulus with and without prior administration of hCG. On two separate occasions, at least 1 week apart, six normal (eugonadal) males and six normal postmenopausal females were given, in random order, either 10,000 IU hCG or saline followed by iv injection of a 200-micrograms bolus of GnRH. Blood samples were then taken 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, 240, and 300 min after GnRH. Serum concentrations of LH and hCG were measured at each time by two monoclonal antibody sandwich assays developed in our laboratory. After exogenous hCG, serum hCG concentrations rose rapidly to 200-500 IU/L (15,000-35,000 pg/mL) in both the men and women, remaining at this high level throughout the study. In the men, sex steroid concentrations did not change in response to the hCG during the 9 study hours. Compared to saline-treated controls, hCG had no significant effect in either men or postmenopausal women on the basal LH concentration or the response to a GnRH bolus, as determined by peak response and area under the LH/time curve between 0-300 min after GnRH. We conclude that an ultrashort loop feedback mechanism for LH on its own secretion does not exist in humans, as assessed by the present protocol.

Quote:
J Assist Reprod Genet. 1992 Apr;9(2):124-7.
Endogenous luteinizing hormone surges following administration of human chorionic gonadotropin: further evidence for lack of loop feedback in humans.

Nader S, Berkowitz AS.

Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Texas Medical School, Houston 77030.

The existence of inhibitory short- and ultrashort-loop feedback mechanisms for luteinizing hormone (LH), while documented in animals, has been questioned in humans. Since human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) binds to LH receptors but can be distinguished from LH in immunoassays, it is possible to identify LH surges in the face of exogenously administered hCG. The present study demonstrates LH surges at midcycle in normal volunteers and in women undergoing controlled ovarian hyperstimulation, given hCG. This provides further evidence for lack of loop feedback control of LH secretion in humans.

There might be more to the story. In that case someone who knows please comment.

Good post. If this is correct, wouldn't it be wise to just use hCG for PCT alone? Instead of taking PCT ancillaries, which have side effects, just use the hCG. Especially if it's not suppressive whatsoever. Any ideas on this?

LIPS
I agree
If you take hCG as a PCT, in my opinon you are just pissing in the wind...Why?...Becasue you are still keeping your pituitary and hypothalamus supressed, even tho you still are making your balls produce the test...Keep you balls thruout the WHOLE cycle and you will find that when you do PCT it's a more effeicent way of comming back...Again, hCG will supress the HPTA just like steroids...In my opioon you don't want to do hCG as a post cycle thearpy or as a "test booster"!...It's not going to help your HPTA recover, it will supress just like steroids...
LIPS
you are in correct here, here is my support
**broken link removed**

Good post. If this is correct, wouldn't it be wise to just use hCG for PCT alone? Instead of taking PCT ancillaries, which have side effects, just use the hCG. Especially if it's not suppressive whatsoever. Any ideas on this?

this would be great if possible......

i agree

a protocol i have read while on is 250iu every other day - also goes well with HMG 15iu EOD

The most popular right now seems to be 250iu 2x per week. I think this was made popular by "Swale" on another board - Dr. Crissler in real life.

That would be good stuff. I can say that 250iu 2x per week has worked great for me and then using none during PCT. If it's not suppressive at all then I would assume you could run it at a higher dose along with adex in pct with really good results.

I think it makes good sense to use it during cycle or as a blast after your last injection to sort of prime the testicles while the gear clears. But it can certainly be used as a PCT and from my view the only thing it would do is delay the recovery by however long you stayed on it. It is suppressive via the raised estrogen and testosterone, just not directly suppressive. It has been used successfully to recover the HPTA in studies and I know of endos who have done it. One endo who studies steroid using bodybuilders here in my town (and has treated bodybuilders such as IFBB pro Martin Kjellstrom) has prescribed 3 month cycles of it at pretty high dosages. It must work as he's done it for many years.

But the low dose, during cycle method seems most logical to me. Don't let the testes lie dormant for extended periods and recovery should be faster.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws