over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many days a week per bodypart

buttwind

Newbies
Hey gang,

I've been training each bodypart once per week for a long time... Was thinking of switching it up a bit and hitting each bodypart twice a week...I'm natural, 43 years old, and am thinking twice a week may be overtraining. Any advice for an older guy? Thanks in advance.

Steve

I currently hit my muscle groups more frequently per week (twice a week). I just make sure to keep my total work sets on the lower end. Hit the muscle group and move on. Less time in the gym more often is what I have been experimenting with.

Hi Lenny, thanks for the reply. I also do very short workouts.

Many years ago I got stuck into the mentality that more is better...I was doing split routines, working out twice a day, way too many sets. As soon as I switched to training each body part once per week, lowering my sets and basically just doing one heavy exercise per body part, everything started to work.

I was just thinking about switching things up a bit...Problem is, I'm concerned with overtraining when working, say back first, then bi's..I figure I'm already hitting my bi's a bit in my back work out. Same with say, Tri's and Chest or Shoulders.

Thanks again for the advice.

Steve

Less Time more intensity

I find that if I go in and just total hit the muscle group hard to break down once a week I grow. It is true you need just as much rest along with food intake as lifiting. I have a friend who spends 7 days in a gym and can grow even while taking gear as he should. I made him slow up and then he started growing. He couldnt believe he could grow with 4 days in the gym at a hour each time.

B

Mick Hart Routine

I am trying Mick Hart 5 day routine as follows.
1. Monday-Legs and Delts
2. Tuesdaay- Chest and Delts
3. Wed- Back amd Delts
4. Thurs- Tricep and Bicep's
5. Friday- Legs and Delts
6. Sat- OFF
7. Sun-OFF

Yes a lot of delts but its a high use muscle that needs it. Will let you knwo how it works over 8 weeks.
B

Last edited:
Hey everyone, thanks for the replies. I may try working each bodypart every 6 days, thats not much of a departure from the once a week I do now. The biggest difference is I usually work one body part per workout; the philosophy being that I can put 100% into that body part.

I'm going to try working chest and tri's and back & bi's on the same day and see how that goes. If I don't like it I'll probably just go back to working each body part once per week. Thanks again for all the advice.

Steve

I used to do one muscle part a weak, now I switched it up to monday = chest & tri's : tuesday = off : wednesday = back & bi's & trap's : thursday = off : friday = leg's : saterday = off : sunday = shoulders & trap's... repeat...

5 days a week. I use the Big Beyond Belief Manuel:D

once

I used to do twice per week. but more recently, i do each body part only once per week and hammer it. I find that 5 days on 2 off fits my schedule best plus at only once per week its about impossible to overtrain a body part. I think twice per week is too much unless you are cutting or dieting heavy and then you need not do a lot of sets any way. Once per week allows you to really focus and nuke the body part.....everyone is different though.

I've done Bodypart once a week with awesome results and I have recently been hitting each bodypart 2 times per week with Awesome results. I guess my body warranted the change. I stay full and strong. How long have you used bodypart once a week?

It's been a while since I changed up to once a week per bodypart. Until started having knee problems, and had to drop deads and squats from my routine, I was making great gains, for me. Now without deads and squats, I'm limited to upper body movements. It sucks, but the Doc told me my knees are wearing out, if I didn't want double knee replacement, I had to drop the heavy leg movements.

I don't have to tell you how bad this sucks...

I am going to make some changes to my routine, see what happens..Thanks again for all the replies.

Steve

Why break it down to once/week or twice/week? Why don't you start with once every 6 days? See how you respond. I personally see my best results when I hit everything once every 5 days.

Hi Ridge, with the new routine I'll be doing, I'll be hitting each bodypart once every 6 days..we'll see how that works...thanks for the replies, everyone.

Steve

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity