over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you REALLY do bloodwork?

Silencer

FOUNDING Member
Registered
I know this is PM, where the average member is much more advanced than the typical gym rat... But I'm wondering, having started to type Part 6 of my threads (this one will be "Side effects"), how many of you guys actually monitor your health with blood tests and the like?

I'll admit, for the first four years, I did not, and I'd have to say 90% of the guys I know that have cycled have NEVER had a blood test. That simply blows my mind. Everyone always posts that they get them, but then no one I meet in person ever has. Maybe I'm just surrounded by ignoramuses, I dunno!

Luckily, I make enough money that a $100 test was never a deterrent, and later on I got a doctor who knew me from childhood that knew what I was doing gear-wise and had my insurance cover test after test (prob 3 per year)... but it got me thinking, there has to be a LOT of people who have no idea what is going on internally.

I will write about this as well, but I think nowadays people take steroids a little more seriously. In 1998-2000, every board had posts about the positives, and any negatives were shouted down as naysayers, people with agendas, etc. It's interesting to see a more balanced viewpoint taking hold...

Thoughts?

yes, -beginning of this year i just had bloodwork(full full workup) ekg echo and have a nucleur stress lined up for future

i do bloodwork and think its a great idea and comforting for a doc to say things are good

Every spring and fall. I stay on year around as well. I check chol., liver values and RBC count. BP I keep a constant eye on.

Every spring and fall. I stay on year around as well. I check chol., liver values and RBC count. BP I keep a constant eye on.

Slightly off my own topic, but what level do you stay on year-round? I do 6-7 months at 500mg, and then stay off rest of year. Blood work is within reason, though HDL is a concern during PCT. Wonder what year-round looks like re: lipids and liver values....

Slightly off my own topic, but what level do you stay on year-round? I do 6-7 months at 500mg, and then stay off rest of year. Blood work is within reason, though HDL is a concern during PCT. Wonder what year-round looks like re: lipids and liver values....

I stay on 500-600/wk. I change it up 2 times a year and do a good bulker and good cutter but stay on 500 between. It seems to be way easier on lipids to stay on and adjust supplement intake appropriately than to ride the roller coaster. That can really mess with your lipids. I like the quality of life "on" and the gains are an added bonus.

i think i have had some other issues and my dr knows what i do so if i have any problems he always calls for bloodwork which seems like every other month or so...
its a benefit that has come from not feeling well in other areas i guess,he does a complete blood workup including estrogen and test,thyroid etc...
have only really ever found low(good) cholesterol,high bad and some minor elevayed enzymes...not much else or anything that he felt was abnormal for my circumstance.
the bloodwork did cost me when i went to go get life insurance which if i would of known before hand maybe i could of adjusted some things...it has made me aware of my health more and im glad i get it done.

I get bloodwork done 3-4 times a year. Lipids and RBC are my main concern, in the past I have been freaked out about kidney function but those values are tricky, they can look bad but be fine for bodybuilders. If I didn't have insurance I'd probably get it done once a year at most.

I had bloodwork done as I was finishing my first cycle. Kind of surprised by some of the results. Should have got bloodwork done before cycle to see what my baseline values were. Will be getting bloodwork done before next cycle for sure.

I dont get blood work done. I know I should. Every time I go to get it online at one of the sites it gets overwhelming. They have individual tests for various things and some packages that include several tests. In the end I wind up getting frustrated because I am not sure what tests are the most important ones to order. I even started a thread once asking opinions on what tests to order. So I close my browser and put it off again and again.

I stay on 500-600/wk. I change it up 2 times a year and do a good bulker and good cutter but stay on 500 between. It seems to be way easier on lipids to stay on and adjust supplement intake appropriately than to ride the roller coaster. That can really mess with your lipids. I like the quality of life "on" and the gains are an added bonus.

do you take any AI ?

Pardon me but what kind of bloodwork profile should we get done:

I got:

-FSH
-LH
-Free Test
-Total Test

-Estradiol
-Prolactin
-Progesterone

-Free T3
-Total T3
-Free T4
-Total T4

Anything im missing???

I have had it done once a year for the last 8 or 9 years. If you have insurance it's real cheap to get done. Plus at my age it helps to document my test levels so I can still get the good old hrt supplied by script. I also like being to have a good base line from the beginning to current.

Having a doc that understands our sport is very helpful. Their understanding of the products we might have used makes reading the blood work more explainable. They need to understand how it effects the blood work.

Get it done if you can,
K

Seeing as you never have to see a doctor and the price is under $40, i dont see why anyone wouldn't.

Pardon me but what kind of bloodwork profile should we get done:

I got:

-FSH
-LH
-Free Test
-Total Test

-Estradiol
-Prolactin
-Progesterone

-Free T3
-Total T3
-Free T4
-Total T4

Anything im missing???

While all of those are great to observe hormonal balance, they dont really address health concerns. Getting a standard CBC and CMP will cover most indicators of liver, kidney, lipids, etc.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws