advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many reach out to help people in the gym??

No. You never know whether someone will be embarrassed or not.

I once told a guy that people a few decades back used to add whole eggs to their shakes for calories, especially if they couldn't eat that much.

Run into him a few weeks later, and he asks me how bring down the crunchiness of the shake.

Me in my head: Crunchiness? Wtf is he...Yup, he was adding the shells too.

"You said whole eggs bro"

I'll make small talk with people I know there (I train at the same time usually), but not advising (which I wasn't even doing) anybody.

Lucky for me, it's dead at 830 pm there so I can just train, and leave.

This is not some holier than thou attitude, or some form of neckbeard narcissism, but some people are STRAIGHT UP RETARDED (blissfully unaware too). I have aged probably 20 years on the inside in the past 5 years running into some interesting folks between work, school, and the gym.

BRU.. LMAOOO.. that shit is hilariousss.. some people

I talk to no one.

And everytime i've TRIED to be nice and help someone out, it bites me in the ass. The last several gyms Ive gone to several 45-60yr old dudes come talk to me asking about training and nutrition. USUALLLLY one or two of them try to become buds and ask about gear.

1. I usually say nothing and tell them nothing.
2. Once in awhile, if a guy seems normal enough, i'll talk gear with him. BUT...it just reaffirms what we all talk about in here. TONS of regular looking guys at gyms taking Tren and NPP and other drugs. Decent doses too yet look like REGULAR FUCKING Joe's. No muscle mass. You honestly wouldnt even know if they worked out or not.

Pathetic.

I talk to no one.

And everytime i've TRIED to be nice and help someone out, it bites me in the ass. The last several gyms Ive gone to several 45-60yr old dudes come talk to me asking about training and nutrition. USUALLLLY one or two of them try to become buds and ask about gear.

1. I usually say nothing and tell them nothing.
2. Once in awhile, if a guy seems normal enough, i'll talk gear with him. BUT...it just reaffirms what we all talk about in here. TONS of regular looking guys at gyms taking Tren and NPP and other drugs. Decent doses too yet look like REGULAR FUCKING Joe's. No muscle mass. You honestly wouldnt even know if they worked out or not.

Pathetic.

You have to wonder how they actually accomplish not looking like they workout, while working out and using (a lot of) gear? In studies, subjects gained muscle on low doses of test while not even working out...

Are these guys massively overtraining, massively undereating, getting bunk gear, ... Or all of it? What the hell are they not doing/doing wrong?

You have to wonder how they actually accomplish not looking like they workout, while working out and using (a lot of) gear? In studies, subjects gained muscle on low doses of test while not even working out...

Are these guys massively overtraining, massively undereating, getting bunk gear, ... Or all of it? What the hell are they not doing/doing wrong?

It's because the majority of people in gyms are training movements, not muscles. You don't get much muscular hypertrophy that way.

I personally never give unsolicited advice. Too many people take it the wrong way unfortunately. However if someone comes up and ask for help or advice, I always try to make time to help them to the best of my ability.

I'm happy to ask questions (and sometimes I ask them myself of guys that obviously know what they are doing), but I never offer unsolicited advice anymore. At one gym I worked out at there was a middle-aged guy who worked out with his young daughter (I thought that was great), and he was really nice as we would exchange a few pleasantries coming and going. But he a bad habit of 'trying to keep up with the Jones's' and he was always trying to do sh!t he wasn't capable of doing. So one time I observe him trying to do hammer curls with 60 or 70 lb dumbbells when he should have been using 25 lbs. He was swinging and gyrating so much I thought he would wreck his spine or shoulders or something and I certainly didn't want his daughter to pick up on that. So I said something as tactfully as possible that the weights were too heavy and he was just going to hurt himself. He made some smart-assed remark that I interpreted as 'mind your own freaking business', so that was it for me.

I think its a buuunch of factors dude. Mostly consistency.
These are the guys who get into "working out" for 18 month stints and then disappear for 3 years.

PLUS, none of these guys are relatively lean nor do they fully understand what to do. Take some 16-year-old with amazing genetics, already semi-muscular. Now give him 500mg of Sust and watch him explode. Then we get him to consistently eat well and train hard. Amazing shit happens.

Now take a 41-year-old skinny fat dude with sub-par genetics. He takes 500mg of Sust and what does his body do? He either eats in a surplus and gains some muscle under that skinny fat (still not pretty to look at) or he diets down on a deficit to see what minimal muscle mass he has. Either way it sucks.

I honestly feel like the average dude (yes, the skinny fat guy) needs to realllly PRIME his body before doing that first cycle. For instance, go look on the shit show that is the STEROIDS subreddit. 90% of questions are from skinny fat kids not knowing how to go about a cycle. The questions are off the walllll ridiculous dude.

I helped a few along the way and enjoy doing it since I am a high school teacher anyways. It is just another form of teaching. I only did it though if they asked me for help or if I saw a young guy that looked really smart and thoughtful, like the guy you helped. I have seen some guys like that, they watch others and try to learn from them.

There were a few guys here and there that were training really sloppy or using wrong form that I offered help and they got all pissy or offended. Just walk away from that. IMO it is worth taking the risk. I never had a guy that didn't respect my time in the gym either, so I never felt like I wasn't able to workout at my own pace because of them.

Another thought

How many of you guy reach out to help people in the gym??

He's only 19 and only been weight training for 2 years.!!
I think he has a handle on vacuums , i'm a firm believer that it's a very important exercise to help keep the waist tight and strengthen the core and abdominal wall in a different way.

I think it is important that the older generations like ours pass on our knowledge to the younger generation. For one we are saving them some wasted effort and making their training more efficient which is what they desire and number two we are helping to keep the bodybuilding lifestyle/training going another generation.

It seems like so many young men these days could care less about weight training or bodybuilding. It really isn't popular like it was and it seems like most of the young girls today prefer skinny guys. Boys dont have the same impetus we used to have to impress girls since they don't go for muscles now anyhow. If we aren't careful bodybuilding is going to die someday! It is already diminishing fast.

I think its a buuunch of factors dude. Mostly consistency.
These are the guys who get into "working out" for 18 month stints and then disappear for 3 years.

PLUS, none of these guys are relatively lean nor do they fully understand what to do. Take some 16-year-old with amazing genetics, already semi-muscular. Now give him 500mg of Sust and watch him explode. Then we get him to consistently eat well and train hard. Amazing shit happens.

Now take a 41-year-old skinny fat dude with sub-par genetics. He takes 500mg of Sust and what does his body do? He either eats in a surplus and gains some muscle under that skinny fat (still not pretty to look at) or he diets down on a deficit to see what minimal muscle mass he has. Either way it sucks.

I honestly feel like the average dude (yes, the skinny fat guy) needs to realllly PRIME his body before doing that first cycle. For instance, go look on the shit show that is the STEROIDS subreddit. 90% of questions are from skinny fat kids not knowing how to go about a cycle. The questions are off the walllll ridiculous dude.
You really can't turn shit to gold...it's evident by what you just described.

But the same process will yield some guys with good physiques due to genetics, and those same guys become the go to advice guys for other guys who just look like pimples, and the cycle repeats lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I do sometimes it's maily older adults using a machine incorrect or bad fourm ,they listen to my advise the younger crowd I stay away from they get pissy and blow me off like they know it all
It's a shame the way some people are,I listened to any and all advise the guys gave me when. I was a newbie

Back in the day we'd help the newbies but, we would always torture them a little at first. Like telling the fat guy the only way to lose fat was to add ice cream and cheese cake to their protein shakes and use skippy peanut butter whole milk! LOL Pretty mean but if they stuck it out we'd straighten them out LOL.

This..... I attempted to help this younger guy who was doing something wrong and was more than likely gonna hurt himself...… he gave me an attitude and a dirty look..... so..... now I just mind my biz and i'll cringe from a distance

This ^^^^^^

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311