over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much carbs while bulking?

How many carbs do you eat while bulking?

• 200g-300g

Votes: 62 19.7%
  • 300g-400g

Votes: 100 31.8%
  • 400g-500g

Votes: 80 25.5%
  • 500g-600g

Votes: 35 11.1%
  • 600g +

Votes: 37 11.8%

• Total voters
i cant believe so many said 200-300 grams bulk on, there endomorphs thats for sure, cutting i take around 300 daily

i cant believe so many said 200-300 grams bulk on, there endomorphs thats for sure, cutting i take around 300 daily

age is a big factor. in my late 20's I could eat 350+ cutting with a big old bowl of oatmeal before bed and get ripped. i got down to 5.5% easily without breaking a sweat

600-700 seems like a lot... I up my carbs around workouts and at night, but higher fat during the day.

age is a big factor. in my late 20's I could eat 350+ cutting with a big old bowl of oatmeal before bed and get ripped. i got down to 5.5% easily without breaking a sweat

No doubt age is a big factor. At 46 yrs I carb time ; mostly around workout. No carbs past 3 pm for me. I bulk on 300ish and stay lean, but I need to keep cardio in 4 to 5 x per week 30 min.

I tend to stay at 350+ or my weight will dip down a good bit for some reason.

So the treesold for Not using protein as fuel is 50G Carbs per day?

So the treesold for Not using protein as fuel is 50G Carbs per day?

Typically under 30 to 50 grams a day. But that doesn't mean you are using protein for fuel. If you are eating that low in carbs you had best have a high fat intake. You will be utilizing fat for fuel at that point not protein once carbs are that low and you are in ketosis.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone note that if in Your AAS stack is Tren You can easily utilize more carbs?

The next "bulk" is going to be with high carb days and low carb days. Slow and steady and with a few sessions of fasted cardio (walking).

I used to think I was really sensitive to carbs, since competing and getting lean I'm finding I can handle carbs better than I once thought. I don't want to blow up straight away so have started at 300g carb, 300g protein and only fat is from whatever residual is in the food sources I'm eating. I'm a couple of Lb's up already but that's mostly water weight at this stage. Going to slowly increase carbs every couple of weeks and see we're my limit is before I start to notice a definite drop in condition.

I hate long term high fat, done it a long time ago and felt terrible even after I was supposedly adapted.

Last edited:
I have results on 300-400 g of carbs. It all depends on when I eat them and WHAT TYPE of carbs I eat. 400g of oatmeal/sprouted bread/ brown rice eaten at the RIGHT TIMES will go a LOT farther than 600g of shit carbs IMO. If you don't believe me, try it.

Next time I bulk I will probably start at about 400g and move up over time to approx 700g.

when i do my recomp here in the next few weeks after my long layoff im going to give matt porters strategy a try. test npp and var will b in the mix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when i do my recomp here in the next few weeks after my long layoff im going to give matt porters strategy a try. test npp and var will b in the mix

What strategy is that?

What strategy is that?

he posted it on his fb ball but essentially it is one carb meal per training day post workout and the rest very high protein fats. nothing ground shattering but something i would like to try myself

he posted it on his fb ball but essentially it is one carb meal per training day post workout and the rest very high protein fats. nothing ground shattering but something i would like to try myself

2g of protein per pound of body weight, one carb meal post-workout at 60-90g. How many grams of fat do you plan to use per pound of body weight?

2g of protein per pound of body weight, one carb meal post-workout at 60-90g. How many grams of fat do you plan to use per pound of body weight?

not really going to be based off per pound of bw. i will take my whatever calories i have remaining from my carb meal and overtall protein and fill in the rest with fats to hit my desired caloric level.

if you want gain more when bulking you can eat
400g+ of carbs
360g+ of protein
100g+ of fat
and you can gain enough power to support when bulking

At the moment it's been between 700-1000 carbs per day, fats maybe around 100 or so, protein 300-350. Saturday night and Sunday in looser with the diet and have more junk than I do during the week. Also coming off a long diet so trying to maximize this time and stay in decent shape. I won't be able to eat that much all offseason as my appetite will stall. That's why I'll do mini diets throughout the year to keep bodyfat in check and "restart" my metabolism if you will once I get to a point where I can't eat as much as I need to be eating to grow.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
novi0jqz
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity