over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much carbs while bulking?

How many carbs do you eat while bulking?

• 200g-300g

Votes: 62 19.7%
  • 300g-400g

Votes: 100 31.8%
  • 400g-500g

Votes: 80 25.5%
  • 500g-600g

Votes: 35 11.1%
  • 600g +

Votes: 37 11.8%

• Total voters
At the moment it's been between 700-1000 carbs per day, fats maybe around 100 or so, protein 300-350. Saturday night and Sunday in looser with the diet and have more junk than I do during the week. Also coming off a long diet so trying to maximize this time and stay in decent shape. I won't be able to eat that much all offseason as my appetite will stall. That's why I'll do mini diets throughout the year to keep bodyfat in check and "restart" my metabolism if you will once I get to a point where I can't eat as much as I need to be eating to grow.

I have a retarded fast metabolism...so I'm usually up around 800+ grams of carbs durning a bulk

I have a retarded fast metabolism...so I'm usually up around 800+ grams of carbs durning a bulk

Yeah it's easy at first then becomes more and more difficult the longer the offseason or gaining phase is lol. I always try to maximize calories and carbs in general when gaining and therefore be able to eat more and more each time I diet down. Quick oats, whey protein, egg whites, and peanut butter shakes blended will be a good friend of mine coming up here lol

Yeah it's easy at first then becomes more and more difficult the longer the offseason or gaining phase is lol. I always try to maximize calories and carbs in general when gaining and therefore be able to eat more and more each time I diet down. Quick oats, whey protein, egg whites, and peanut butter shakes blended will be a good friend of mine coming up here lol

The eating is definitely the hardest part for me. Gatorade with my meals is a lifesaver. Lol

The eating is definitely the hardest part for me. Gatorade with my meals is a lifesaver. Lol

I had a few 32oz gatorades in the last couple days lol...as I mentioned above sat night and sunday I eat what I like..sunday ends up generally being less calories than during the week..that changes drastically if I have a cheat day while doing a mini diet or something lol

I usually shoot for 300g-400g. seems to work best for me.

Man that's so low for me offseason! lol but I have to really go low to get in shape too though and I also don't mind gaining some body fat while putting on size.

How much fat do you generally eat during the day with carbs on the lower side like that?

It really depends on goal weight and metabolism rate. Some people are sensitive to carb and will add fat by taking high carb meals. As long as you are in a calorie surplus I think 40/40/20 rule would suffice.

Just vote

I usually have 600-700 grams of carbs when bulking, because i think thats what suits me, but does it suit me?.......... I have always told myself this works well for me because i "feel" big on this but im now facing the reality that even though i feel big and full while eating like this, i have got a bit of a belly on me and very little abs most of the time.

so as i am now trying big A's method of 500g protein a day i think it's a good time to cut the carbs down.

I am thinking of dropping it to 60g per meal so 360g non training days and 450g on training days.

I know its differant for everybody but my question is how many do you eat when bulking?

Just voted!
:star-w:rs

Old thread but I wish people would attach their weights as well

I recently switched my diet to fortitude program. Basic low carb on rest days around 100. Fats high around 200. Protein around 2 g per #. I'm 210. Calories are 3500 on rest days. Training days are the same idea up to training window. That's when I force down 400+ carbs pre/Intra/post and solid meal with a night time shake. Kcal are at 5000. Total carbs for the day are 500. Fist time ever I am hungry and not forcing food down. Staying lean and putting on 1-2 # a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I recently switched my diet to fortitude program. Basic low carb on rest days around 100. Fats high around 200. Protein around 2 g per #. I'm 210. Calories are 3500 on rest days. Training days are the same idea up to training window. That's when I force down 400+ carbs pre/Intra/post and solid meal with a night time shake. Kcal are at 5000. Total carbs for the day are 500. Fist time ever I am hungry and not forcing food down. Staying lean and putting on 1-2 # a week.

I'm doing something very similar also. Fats are 150g on rest days and carbs are around 200. Training days carbs are at 500 and fats are capped at 65g. Seems to be working very well.

I bulk on 120carbs or less a day. Im carb senative though. I keep fat under 100g and protein between 350-400g. I love eating carbs 😑 its s struggle. I do a high carb day about once a week maybe 200g. Seems to work for me. Im hovering around 220 right now. I like your guys setup above. I'd be interested in trying the fortitude program. I hear a lot of good things.

Sent from my SM-G530P using Professional Muscle mobile app

I dont count carbs.

I make sure to eat Big Oranges,Pinneapple,Banana,Grapefruit daily.

Along with Brocolli and various veggies.Not cooking them.

I rarely eat grains these days, I mix up protein with fruits and veggies.

If i want to gain i Increase protein to huge amount. Im talking 1 to 2 pound of grass fed beef, 12 Whole omega 3 eggs daily.Sometime salmon. Huge amount of fat in protein.

Just need to get the lifts higher,its a mental barrier.

In order to grow the most efficiently, carbs need to be in the body at high amounts. prolonged high carbs will eventually decrease insulin sensitivity and lead to fat gain...so the answer is go by how you look. Gaining too much fat? back off of the carbs for a while to reset insulin sensitivity...then take them back up when your body is ready

In order to grow the most efficiently, carbs need to be in the body at high amounts. prolonged high carbs will eventually decrease insulin sensitivity and lead to fat gain...so the answer is go by how you look. Gaining too much fat? back off of the carbs for a while to reset insulin sensitivity...then take them back up when your body is ready
Very similar to the approach John Meadows preaches.

Simple concept I've never done and got too fat

I can deal with a relatively high amount of carbs, I have gone as high as a 1000 grms a day but usually Im at 700.

I literally start to get fat on anything above 300g if not doing cardio (400g if doing 30min 4xwk).

If you don't mind me asking, how can you eat 1000g of carbs? Or, more specifically, what does a 1000g carb day look like?

i think 300-400g of carbs when bulking suits to me

I usually have 600-700 grams of carbs when bulking, because i think thats what suits me, but does it suit me?.......... I have always told myself this works well for me because i "feel" big on this but im now facing the reality that even though i feel big and full while eating like this, i have got a bit of a belly on me and very little abs most of the time.

so as i am now trying big A's method of 500g protein a day i think it's a good time to cut the carbs down.

I am thinking of dropping it to 60g per meal so 360g non training days and 450g on training days.

I know its differant for everybody but my question is how many do you eat when bulking?

go 500cals over maintenance,protein 1.5-2g per lbs bw, 15% total cals from fats and the rest is carbs...when weight gain stalls add another 300-500 cals again from carbs.

Right now doing 500-600g carbs, 100g wakeup, 100g meal number 2, 150g preworkout, 150g postworkout, 50-75g before bed.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads