advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much does it cost you protein a week??

rickyboy36

Registered
After reading rAJJINS post about the costs of bodybuilding,it got me curious as to how much you guys are spending a week on PROTEIN ALONE!?.The other day i had nothing to do and i started calculating to the penny how much i spend on COMPLETE proteins in a weeks time if i go by 180 grams a day,not including INCOMPLETE proteins.

This is what i came up with:
It costs me 4$ a day or 28$ a week using LBA'S if i use 40 grams of it a day

It costs me 1.25$ a day or 8,75$ a week to use 25 grams of Casein protein

It costs me 1,20$ a day or 8.40$ a week to use 46 grams of whey protein

It costs me 1,25$ a day or 8,75$ a week to use 36 grams of protein from egg

And finally it costs me 2.30$ a day(2 meals) or 16$ a week on meat..anytype of lean meat which may be pork,chicken,fish or beef.Of course i never ever pay more than 6.50$ a kilo.This gives me 70 grams of protien.I constantly look for deals and rebates and buy bulk when i can

So all in all im getting in 216 grams of COMPLETE proteins while im certainley getting in probably an extra 20 or 30 from incomplete ones.So for a 210lb man,this would most likely be enough to grow on

THE TOTAL COST FOR THE WEEK IS: 70.75$ in QUALITY proteins.I could probably drop the price a bit if i dropped the eggs cause im getting sufficient protein from other quality sources which would have me spending 62$ a week
So for every meal in the day i eat it costs me 1,68$ in protein

How much does it cost you guys??

Last edited:
Good question.
Im Guessing some spend a Lot more then others do or can. Or they hacve to Change the source of protein.
If I "could" I would eat 5lbs of Tbone steak everyday. I wish, But my Budget isnt going to allow that. your talking appx 200-300$ per week Just on that alone.
I Guess I could But id have to have a lot less Nice of a Home,car, etc
Or make my poor Kids suffer :p sorry Kids you have to eat bread and water all weak so I can get some Food,HGH and Anabolics For ME.... ME ME ME! lol

As I get older I Just try and do the best I can at this while being reasonable about Family,Health and Life in general. My problem right now is Im being Lazy.
Even on a Limited Budget I think a Guy Can do Very good if he has the heart and desire. But sure it would be Nice for money to not be an issue on what you eat or Pump into yourself.

I don't pay for protein powder so that's a huge cost break for me since I run through 8+ lbs a month.

On meat at the grocery store I'd say I spend about 50/week. Steaks if they are on sale, ground beef, chicken and maybe 12-18 eggs. That's pretty much it as I'm not too found of tuna or other seafood.

GOOD POST

After reading rAJJINS post about the costs of bodybuilding,it got me curious as to how much you guys are spending a week on PROTEIN ALONE!?.The other day i had nothing to do and i started calculating to the penny how much i spend on COMPLETE proteins in a weeks time if i go by 180 grams a day,not including INCOMPLETE proteins.

This is what i came up with:
It costs me 4$ a day or 28$ a week using LBA'S if i use 40 grams of it a day

It costs me 1.25$ a day or 8,75$ a week to use 25 grams of Casein protein

It costs me 1,20$ a day or 8.40$ a week to use 46 grams of whey protein

It costs me 1,25$ a day or 8,75$ a week to use 36 grams of protein from egg

And finally it costs me 2.30$ a day(2 meals) or 16$ a week on meat..anytype of lean meat which may be pork,chicken,fish or beef.Of course i never ever pay more than 6.50$ a kilo.This gives me 70 grams of protien.I constantly look for deals and rebates and buy bulk when i can

So all in all im getting in 216 grams of COMPLETE proteins while im certainley getting in probably an extra 20 or 30 from incomplete ones.So for a 210lb man,this would most likely be enough to grow on

THE TOTAL COST FOR THE WEEK IS: 70.75$ in QUALITY proteins.I could probably drop the price a bit if i dropped the eggs cause im getting sufficient protein from other quality sources which would have me spending 62$ a week
So for every meal in the day i eat it costs me 1,68$ in protein

How much does it cost you guys??

I ALWAYS WONDERED AOBUT THAT..........BUT IT CHANGES DAY TO DAY SO ITS HARD TO CALCULATE FOR ME.

i would balpark my daily food intake to be 20 to 30 bucks a day, thats about 7 to 10 meals a day

My only protein really comes from LBAs and Chicken. There is this Italian Deli by my house that hooks it up with chicken though. They sell 10 pound bags for 1.59 a pound.

I spend more money on fruit per week than meat.

i go thru 5 pounds of isolate every 5- 6 days, so figure i'm close to $325 a month on powder alone (jezus...i never realised that before...)

:(

BFU

A typical day...
85g - 1lbs of ground buffalo a day - $5.50
56g - 2 cups cottage cheese - $1.50
75g - 10 extra large eggs - $1.75
64g - 4 scoops muscle milk - $3.00
----
260g protein approx $12.00/day so around $350.00/month

i go thru 5 pounds of isolate every 5- 6 days, so figure i'm close to $325 a month on powder alone (jezus...i never realised that before...)

:(

BFU

Jesus christ! 5lbs a week? How fucking big are ya?! lol!

Brook

Are you counting just supplements. What about protein from whole foods. I bet it would be a lot more then.

2- bottles LBA $28
1- 5LB bucket whey isolate $60
1-bottle of powder BCCA $30

= $118 A MONTH,DIVIDED BY 30 DAYS, IS $3.93 A DAY IN SUPPLEMENTS

add in eggs, cottage cheese, fish, meats is about $5-6 a day

So about $10 a day total

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads