over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HOW TO TRAIN WHILE YOUR GYM IS CLOSED

southern ohio.. notta

Did first push workout with just bands. I've got some heavy bands, I thought it was going to be high rep, nope, could barely get past 12-15. Push will be easy to do at home, I got a crazy pump and am sore as hell.

Legs.... those are gonna suffer, just no way to get enough tension, but it is what it is.
do some deep deep squats (bodyweight or goblet), hams to calves with a pause at the bottom for 2 seconds, 2-4 seconds on the descent, elevate the feet, keep the torso upright and superset with lunges (with or without weight). Pick a number of TOTAL reps for the squat (like 200 or more). you can get your legs sore this way. just have to be strict and honest on those squats. for hams you can do drag curls w/a glute bridge or banded leg curls. For the drag curls you can use a slide board, exercise or furniture sliders, or even a towel for them. Need a smooth surface like wood floor or some of the sliders are made to glide on carpets.

I have a mountain bike i had built for me,, $2100. I have 3 sets of dumbells 20,30, 40s and a little flat bench lol. I ride one day and do my dumbells the next day,alternate back and forth like that. It is keeping me somewhat satisfied. Probably wont be putting on any MASS lol. Yea this whole deal sucks. Im so ready for my gym to open back up.

I am in the minority since I have access to a gym at my work and I still go to work 4x per week. It is a very small gym so I am employing a minimalist approach. I started 2 days ago and had 2 great workouts. Thank you Phil Hernon for the idea as I have dabbled before but I am now committed until my real gym opens.

Full Body Workout Every Day I can train
10 exercises per day.
1 exercise per body part.
1 working set until failure.

Yesterday was:

1-Bent DB rear delt raise
2-Side DB lateral raise
3-Bar Dips
4-Pull Ups
5-Barbell Pullover Style Skull Crusher
6-Seated DB Curls
7-RDL * technical failure
8-Squat *technical failure
9-Ab wheel
10-Farmer Walks for 10 rounds 30 on, 60 off

Depending on the exercise I hit failure anywhere from 12-25 reps.

I have enough equipment to vary it a bit. For example I could do a variety of bench press movements, I could do DB rows, I could do barbell curls, I could do pullovers etc. So I have plenty of variety available.
Well dang dude looks like you dont have anything to worry about.

Did this yesterday. Sore to the bone this morning.

tabata squats...with or without holding weight. either way, if u really push the reps, 20 at least in each interval, yr gonna hurt.
go outside get a nice heavy rock and try them....i guarantee you'll be in pain. and sore as hell the next day.
even better, when your last interval is done, try sprinting....

IMO you cant police social distancing, its up to individuals to proceed with caution. It dont make sense to me to keep people from doing both physically and mentally good things while the local liquer stores are all good to go, crowded with customers. JMO
I own a Restaurant Delivery Service and I thought it was funny one of the first things the gov did was make it legal to deliver alcohol from restaurants. take away vices and people will riot lol
-F2S

Just did some searching around. My gym is $40 per month. A Titon fitness power rack is $44 a month if I finance it for 12 months. I want a home gym anyway so might as well. I'll grab an Olympic bar off Ebay and a set of weighs there or craigslist and be good to go.
I do need an adjustable bench too

get a buddy to do some stuff with you … pushing each other helps

I can't speak for what it is like in other places in the country, but in the Phoenix, AZ area, which is the 11 largest metropolitan areas in the country; the supermarkets are a free for all and Costco is the only place I know that is limiting the number of people and their distance.
Brother, i love scottsdale.. I taught some courses there a few years back.. Great place

Plague be damned they can't have these gains back

Attachments

• 91301724_10157953979798449_5677941319293468672_n.jpg
    91301724_10157953979798449_5677941319293468672_n.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 90750350_10157937474648449_6875072369682022400_n.jpg
    90750350_10157937474648449_6875072369682022400_n.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 25
Last day to train at my gym, although we'll see what's going on with this row between the mayor, state attorney General and Governor concerning the shutdown. Made it count, supersetted leg presses with heel presses for hamstrings focus. Pretty sure I have PTSD now.

I'm fortunate enough to work at a job where I have access to all the heavy shit that I want, so improvising will be no problem. Who knows, I may enjoy it more for a change of scenery. B-boys routine looks pretty kickass, I'll probably give that one a try when I go in Monday.

Aloha,
Chins, pull-ups, push-ups with different angles and hand placements, Foundation Training, Nitric Oxide Dump workouts, TRX and Rip Trainer, stairs, step ups, various lunges, cross crawl patterning, and bands. All done with various speeds and reps..
V

Aloha,
Chins, pull-ups, push-ups with different angles and hand placements, Foundation Training, Nitric Oxide Dump workouts, TRX and Rip Trainer, stairs, step ups, various lunges, cross crawl patterning, and bands. All done with various speeds and reps..
V
do u do archer pullups? i gotta get better at regular ones before i dare try archers

Aloha Brutus69,
No archers yet. I too am working on increasing my reps with regular pulls. Today I got 8 strict pulls. Prior to that I did 9 textbook chins. In between sets I am doing 25 reps of pushups. Start with active ROM stretch's and joint mobilization. Walk a mile in the country before I start.
I just turned 66 and my joints and tissues are not as resilient as they used to be. Do this routine every third day for extra recovery. Next session I will go for 2 sets of chins and pulls.
V

What do you guys think about this: https://www.amazon.com/Power-Press-Push-Up-Complete/dp/B0065RBOWK

Since I currently only have a set of resistance band and 2 (light) adjustable DB's, I'm looking for something extra that doesn't occupy too much space. (I have no space for a bench, let alone a power rack in my appartment) I'd be using a backpack with added weight on this.

Also, since I'm not seeing it, how could the yellow position possibly be training back since it's still a push-up?

Well, I dunno how many of you guys can do this, but I've found a great full body workout - pushing and pulling a golf cart in neutral around our shop lol. I can emphasize different muscle groups for each 'rep' and get a little cardio in, as well. I can always load it up to make it heavier. This would go for loading up and pushing and pulling anything, I just happen to have my golf cart. Cement filled buckets, too... Lol.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws