over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I allways make this mistake when trying to put on muscle

First let me say this - I wasn't detailed enough in my statement.

Let me rephrase. If you're eating only when you're hungry and you're only hungry every 4-6 hours, you're not eating enough to gain optimally.

If you're hungry every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours, great.....eat only when you're hungry, that is a sufficient time frame in between meals to get enough calories while keeping the metabolism elevated.

Generally people that are only eating when hungry aren't eating 6-8 meals a day. Would you agree with that statement?

First let me say this - I wasn't detailed enough in my statement.

Let me rephrase. If you're eating only when you're hungry and you're only hungry every 4-6 hours, you're not eating enough to gain optimally.

If you're hungry every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours, great.....eat only when you're hungry, that is a sufficient time frame in between meals to get enough calories while keeping the metabolism elevated.

Generally people that are only eating when hungry aren't eating 6-8 meals a day. Would you agree with that statement?

Who says you have to eat every 2-3 hours? Your body will tell you when it needs nutrients, and if you eat sooner than needed all you are doing is taking in extra calories that will be stored as bodyfat. I found that out the hard way, and it was Phil Hernon that finally set me straight. Before I got his advice I was doing the every 3 hour thing, eating all day long, and had many pounds of bodyfat that I had to shed in order to be more healthy and look better. You can over think things and try to be too scientific in your feedings, and in the end it will bite you in the ass. In the end if you rely some on your own biofeedback you will be much better in the end.

really? how big of meals do you guys eat at that low frequency?

i eat every 2 hours 2.5 hours is my max

im hungry by 2.5 hours, and nearing 3 hours my stomach will be growling. im quite young, with a fast metabolism, so i know its a bit different for me, though i never expected people would eat in that sort of frequency(3-4 hours).

Why eating when hungry doesn't work for me......

I am only hungry every 4-5 hours.
I am awake/able to eat 16 hours out of each day.
That allows for 3-4 feedings per day.

Currently, I need at least 4k cals to grow, with 300-400g of that being protein.
Broken down into 3-4 feedings, I can't make those numbers

So unless I can figure out a way to eat way more food per feeding, and still be hungry after 4-5 hours, I must force feed at each feeding, or eat more frequently (when not hungry).

really? how big of meals do you guys eat at that low frequency?

i eat every 2 hours 2.5 hours is my max

im hungry by 2.5 hours, and nearing 3 hours my stomach will be growling. im quite young, with a fast metabolism, so i know its a bit different for me, though i never expected people would eat in that sort of frequency(3-4 hours).

Most really big guys eat more often, especially if they started in the early 90's or earlier because that "six meals a day" issue was blazed across every Flex magazine and Muscle and Fitness since the late 70's. I was a really skinny kid who didn't gain weight until I forced myself to eat more when I wasn't hungry.

That "eat only when hungry" bullshit may work if you are already big. I weigh 280lbs right now so yeah, I can "eat when hungry" and make progress but that is because I spent the last two decades teaching my body to utilize more calories more efficiently.

As a beginner and intermediate, I had to shove food down my throat while sometimes feeling like gagging simply because I was a very active guy with a fast metabolism who lifted weights.

Most really big guys eat more often, especially if they started in the early 90's or earlier because that "six meals a day" issue was blazed across every Flex magazine and Muscle and Fitness since the late 70's. I was a really skinny kid who didn't gain weight until I forced myself to eat more when I wasn't hungry.
That "eat only when hungry" bullshit may work if you are already big. I weigh 280lbs right now so yeah, I can "eat when hungry" and make progress but that is because I spent the last two decades teaching my body to utilize more calories more efficiently.

As a beginner and intermediate, I had to shove food down my throat while sometimes feeling like gagging simply because I was a very active guy with a fast metabolism who lifted weights.

haha..sounds like me bro...choking tuna, gagging on chicken breast and throwing up off that extra bite, but it the end its all worth it. :D

haha..sounds like me bro...choking tuna, gagging on chicken breast and throwing up off that extra bite, but it the end its all worth it. :D
im with you guys! It's 3:45pm right now, and last time i ate was at 9 am (when i was hungry), and currently.... IM NOT HUNGRY. Do I feel i need to eat right now.... YES.... but im not hungry at all. So the eat when hungry theory is for people who dont have fast metabolism's. Me personally, I cant get fat if I tried ( which i have, lol), and I ALWAYS have abs showing. So, so much for that theory (for my body)

Most people are eating too much these days. And they are fat.

Telling your buddies how many cals you pounded down and how much protein you crammed in your gullet has reached the level of bench-press bravado.

im with you guys! It's 3:45pm right now, and last time i ate was at 9 am (when i was hungry), and currently.... IM NOT HUNGRY. Do I feel i need to eat right now.... YES.... but im not hungry at all. So the eat when hungry theory is for people who dont have fast metabolism's. Me personally, I cant get fat if I tried ( which i have, lol), and I ALWAYS have abs showing. So, so much for that theory (for my body)

really? there are lots of guys with fast metabolisms but i dont think the body can stop you from gaining fat if your eating beyond normality...have you actually tried eating alot more than you require? eg if your maintenance is 3500cals have you tried eating 4500? or even 5000?

honestly bro i go so much out of shape but i made the biggest gains of my life by doing that...and naturally too. this says alot about what you can gain on gear(as you can tell i havnt been using gear for too long). i was content with staying lean and dry all year round after my last cycle...but now im beginning to second guess myself.

really? there are lots of guys with fast metabolisms but i dont think the body can stop you from gaining fat if your eating beyond normality...have you actually tried eating alot more than you require? eg if your maintenance is 3500cals have you tried eating 4500? or even 5000?

honestly bro i go so much out of shape but i made the biggest gains of my life by doing that...and naturally too. this says alot about what you can gain on gear(as you can tell i havnt been using gear for too long). i was content with staying lean and dry all year round after my last cycle...but now im beginning to second guess myself.
i have actually. Im 5'8 200lbs, maybe 8-10%bf. Last summer I was incorporating fast food every other meal, as long as i kept my protein high. I was eating aroung 4000-5000 ED. I got up to 205, at the same condition im at now. Right now.... i dieted from end of feb to beginning of april. It consisted of lean ground turkey, plain white and brown rice, shakes, oatmeal, PBJ on wheat, steak, sweet potatoes, grilled chicken, eggs I was at 195-200 lbs. Now, Im still somewhat following that diet, but im not as strict.... i eat ceral, shakes, PBJ, ground turkey, deli ham and turkey, eggs (never throw out yokes), fried rice, etc. and im still at 200lbs. Its very frustrating.... and not to mention shitting like 6 times a day.... that gets old too. Im actually getting a little leaner (which i dont really want too) thanks to tren A. I know how to eat to gain weight. 3 years ago, i was 160lbs, then i cycled o n and off, and got to 205 (bloated), so in those years, i put on about 40lbs, and i've been there ever since. When i come off, i will drop to around 185-190, which sucks. And i always have abs.... These guys on here like shelby (smart fella), who can get to 245, then cut down for a show at 198, i envy, because i cant do that. Maybe this winter i will try to eat everything in sight. Even with fast food (to add extra cals), i have a very hard time. Also, I NEVER do cardio. And i have not been working this winter either.... so i sit around and smoke bud, and eat, hoping to tip the scales, but no matter what i do, i cant get that fucker to read 220!! I even tried upping doses too. Threw anadrol in the mix, with d-bol, slin, IGF, EQ and sust, and got up to a bloated 208, my absolute heaviest. Its hard and frustrating. I burn way too many cals daily, even when im on my ass all day. Im sure some people will hate me for this, lol, but i hate them for being able to gain like they can!

Im sorry, but im just not buying into the " eat when hungry" theory. It absolutely does not work FOR ME. Wish it did

Im sorry, but im just not buying into the " eat when hungry" theory. It absolutely does not work FOR ME. Wish it did

You say that with forcefeeding you cannot get to 220, and that you pound the food incessantly. So obviously force feeding isn't working either right?

I have a pretty quick metabolism and am around 2" shorter than you, weigh about 230-235ish(i would say right now around 10% give or take a % any given day of the week), and the eating when hungry works for me, AS LONG AS I DO THINGS TO ENSURE i am optimally processing my nutrients and that my body is running at peak efficiency. Have you truly tried the eating when hungry? While doing things to make sure your body is HUNGRY all the time? if i dnt do the things i do, i find that i am not hungry often enough to get results.

Just curious.

You say that with forcefeeding you cannot get to 220, and that you pound the food incessantly. So obviously force feeding isn't working either right?

I have a pretty quick metabolism and am around 2" shorter than you, weigh about 230-235ish(i would say right now around 10% give or take a % any given day of the week), and the eating when hungry works for me, AS LONG AS I DO THINGS TO ENSURE i am optimally processing my nutrients and that my body is running at peak efficiency. Have you truly tried the eating when hungry? While doing things to make sure your body is HUNGRY all the time? if i dnt do the things i do, i find that i am not hungry often enough to get results.

Just curious.
bro, i ate my fucking balls off last night, all the way up until 1 am.... and then i was down 2 lbs at the gym today....

ok... eat when hungry.... now what if you generally never really hungry?????????? do you never eat???? Honestly, if i only ate when im " hungry", i would be 180 lbs...

as someone stated earlier in the above posts, you can eat when hungry after you put on mass, to maintain what you have. So hypothetically speaking, if i was happy being 180lbs, then sure, ill eat when im hungry. But im not happy with 180lbs. I would be happier at 210lbs 15% bf, than 180 lbs 5 % bf. Know what i mean? I have NO problem staying lean whatsoever. I cant even remember the last time i did abs, yet i have them, all, and they are showing. I eat about 4-6 meald daily, give or take, with a minimum of 800 cals/meal, and 60 + grams of protein/meal. I eat carbs all day long and all night long (thanks tren-somnia), then im down in weight!! Shit is frustrating

You say that with forcefeeding you cannot get to 220, and that you pound the food incessantly. So obviously force feeding isn't working either right? I have a pretty quick metabolism and am around 2" shorter than you, weigh about 230-235ish(i would say right now around 10% give or take a % any given day of the week), and the eating when hungry works for me, AS LONG AS I DO THINGS TO ENSURE i am optimally processing my nutrients and that my body is running at peak efficiency. Have you truly tried the eating when hungry? While doing things to make sure your body is HUNGRY all the time? if i dnt do the things i do, i find that i am not hungry often enough to get results.

Just curious.
Im beginning to think its just not possible at this point in my life. Im 29, so maybe in 5-10 years my metabolism will slow up a bit, and i will be able to hold weight easier. Who knows... maybe my frame cant handle it? I was 208lbs for about 1 day,lol, the best day of my life, haha

?

I would assume he still isn't eating enough overall calories before I assumed that somehow eating more doesn't work to gain body weight.

Many of these guys simply try to eat too clean for their own genetics. If you have a metabolism like a nuclear furnace, then perhaps you need way more than chicken breasts and rice.

Im beginning to think its just not possible at this point in my life. Im 29, so maybe in 5-10 years my metabolism will slow up a bit, and i will be able to hold weight easier. Who knows... maybe my frame cant handle it? I was 208lbs for about 1 day,lol, the best day of my life, haha

Weight gain isn't magic. If you can't hold weight, I would look at what you are eating exactly. I didn't jump up in weight until I made eating my main priority during the day and was way more loose with what I was eating.

Weight gain isn't magic. If you can't hold weight, I would look at what you are eating exactly. I didn't jump up in weight until I made eating my main priority during the day and was way more loose with what I was eating.
I understand this my man. Did you read my above post as to what i eat? Maybe im eating the wrong foods? I started gear at 162 lbs, and was able to gain 40lbs in 3 years. It just seems im finally hitting a plateau, and a good one at that. Any pointers will be appreciated brotha:headbang:

I understand this my man. Did you read my above post as to what i eat? Maybe im eating the wrong foods? I started gear at 162 lbs, and was able to gain 40lbs in 3 years. It just seems im finally hitting a plateau, and a good one at that. Any pointers will be appreciated brotha:headbang:

The following is good:
I eat about 4-6 meald daily, give or take, with a minimum of 800 cals/meal, and 60 + grams of protein/meal. I eat carbs all day long and all night long (thanks tren-somnia), then im down in weight!! Shit is frustrating

...but again, I eat close about 8-1,000cals a meal when just trying to hold where I am at. To go up even higher takes more than that for me.

You can easily knock out over 1,000cals in a sitting without even eating any fast food in your diet. It means concentrating on more calorically dense foods...like beef, pasta, huge steaks, tons of eggs, even milk.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131