advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I GOT SOME UNWANTED TRAINING ADVICE TODAY.

JETHRO TULL

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
TODAY I WAS DOING SOME UPPERCHEST ON THE SMITH MACHINE...I WORKED UP TO 3 45LB PLATES PER SIDE AND WAS GOING TO DO 3 WORK SETS THERE OF WHATEVER THE HELL REPS I COULD GET...SHOOTING FOR 10 SLOW ON THE WAY DOWN, PAUSE, SMOOTH PUSH TO JUST SHORT OF A LOCKOUT FLEXING THE PECS THE WHOLE TIME. THE SHIT WAS PRETTY. I AM BEING EXTRA CAREFUL ON MY FORM AND THE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT I AM USING BECAUSE I DON'T WANT ANOTHER INJURY. ANYWAY HERE IS THE STORY.

THIS BIG 'BUTTER BEAN' LOOKING GUY WHO IS A COUPLE INCHES TALLER THAN ME...MABEY 6'3 AND 330 COMES OVER AND IS WATCHING ME. THE GUY IS PROBABLY 70 POUNDS OF FAT HANGING OF A BODY WITH SOME MUSCLE UNDER THERE SOMEWHERE! HE'S WEARING TWO SWEATSHIRTS AND SPORTING A FOO MAN CHOO. HE'S WATCHING ME DO THOSE PRESSES AND SAYS...."GEEZ IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE FLEXING YOUR BACK MORE THAN YOUR CHEST". I JUST SMILED A LITTLE AND SAID...."YEAH, I AM PROBABLY DOING THEM WRONG".......THEN HE GETS DOWN ON THE MACHINE AFTER I STRIP OF A 100 LBS AND DOES ABOUT 5 REPS JUST TO SHOW ME HOW HE DOES THEM. KEEP IN MIND I AM A CHRISTIAN...SO I KEEP MY SELF HUMBLE ..I JUST NOD MY HEAD AND KEEP LIFTING. HE PROCEEDS TO SIT AND TELL ME WHAT A GREAT BOXER HE IS....I THEN STARTED DOING LATERAL RAISES ....10 REPS EACH SIDE WITH THE 40LB DUMBELLS AND I AM TELLING YOU MY FORM ON THESE IS PERFECT....NO MOMENTUM HERE..SLOW..UP...HOLD..SLOW DOWN...THUMBS TURNED SLIGHTLY DOWN..STOP THE LIFT WITH THE DUMBELLS AT JUST SHOULDER LEVEL....CONSTANT TENSION ON THOSE BITCHES....DELTS ARE ROUND AND SWOLLEN. THIS 'BIG GUY' THEN OFFERS THIS STUNNING TIDBIT OF TRAINING LORE..."WOW, I AM AMAZED THAT YOU HAVEN'T HURT YOUR SELF DOING THOSE LIKE THAT".......HE THEN SHOWS ME HIS VERSION WHICH LOOKS LIKE A BASTARDIZED VERSION OF DUMBELL UPRIGHT ROWS. I WAS WEARING A TANK AND SOME SHORTS...AND I AM NOTHING TO SHOUT ABOUT BUT I AM STILL OVER 270, NO DRUGS AND LOOK ONE HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN THIS FELLA. HE THEN THROWS UP THE DOUBLE BICEPS SHOT...HAT ON BACKWARDS, 2 SWEATSHIRTS ON, BLUE JEANS NEARLY HIDDEN BY HIS BIG ASSED GUT. I FIGURED HE'D OFFER FAT LOSS TIPS NEXT! JUST WHEN I THOUGHT IT WAS AS BAD AS IT COULD GET....THIS VERY ATTRACTIVE GIRL ...[A GIRL FRIEND OF ONE OF THE GUYS WHO WORKS AT THE GYM COUNTER COMES OVER AND STARTS ASKING ME SOME TRAINING QUESTIONS] SHE A NICE GIRL...NOT HITTING ON ME OR ANYTHING...JUST INNOCENTLY ASKING LIFTING QUESIONS. WELL, 'BIGMAN' CAN'T HANDLE THIS AND STARTS ANSWERING EACH QUESTION SHE'S ASKED OF ME...THE GIRL LOOKS AT ME LIKE..."WHAT THE HELL?"....I JUST SMILED AND WINKED AT HER. SHE GOT THE IDEA AND SAID WELL..I'LL COME TALK TO YOU LATER. HE MAKES THIS COMMENT TO HER BEFORE SHE LEAVES..."DAVE USED TO BIG BIG LIKE ME.....BUT NOW HE'S ALL DIETED DOWN AND SKINNY."
WELL, I'VE BEEN CALLED A LOT OF THINGS BUT SKINNY ISN'T ONE OF THEM FOR ABOUT 15 YEARS..LOL....
[LET ME MAKE NO BONES ABOUT THIS..I AM OFF SHIT AND FAT/SMALL RIGHT NOW..PLUS THIS GUY JUST MET ME..!!! ALL I KNOW IS HE SAID HIS NAME IS JERRY] HE THEN HOLLERS TO THE GUY AT THE FRONT DESK..."HEY, IT THAT WAS MY GIRLFRIEND I WOULDN'T LET HER ALONE OVER HERE..YOU'D BETTER PUT HER ON A LEASH, DUDE!"

GUYS...YOU KNOW YOU HAVE FALLEN TO A PATHETIC PHYSICAL CONDITION WHEN A GREAT BIG, BLOW HARD, ASSHOLE OFFERS YOU TRAINING ADVICE.

JUST THOUGHT I'D SHARE MY WONDERFUL DAY! :)

Funny story my friend! You have alot more patience than me, and Im pretty patient! Id have went off!

that there...

was definately the humor i needed this evening....bwhahahah

Mr.Huge :D

I could picture every bit of this, you are a good story teller JETHRO..that is some funny shit..
:) :p

"skinny" LMAO,

hahaha

Man all you can do is laugh at guys like him..Fucked up like one a Jerrys kids.
Otherwise you cause a big scene and its even worse then listening to the Chubsters digs. I usually just try and put my headphones on and ignore everyone, otherwise it messes with my head to here all the crazy talk from some people.

you have some amazing self control bro, well done on not telling him where he could stick that "advice" of his :D

funny story man shit never ceases to amaze me.

that reminds me of this fat ass about a month ago came up to me and the boys while training with his 1980 style training gear on you know the parachut looking pants with boots and everlast XXXXL sleevless shirt and a weight belt that could fit a cow , anyways he walks up to us with his gf or wife behind him and says so you guys are the bodybuilders here huh and smirked as if he was some sort of old pro or vet of the sport his woman chuckled , i was like omg is this a joke did BBA set this up are these people for real lol anyways he begins to ruin are workout with how he was this and that and how he had knee surgery and offering training tips which were aweful , meanwhile hes directing his view really only toward me trying to get my attention but im looking down the whole time , at this point i had enuff of the BS so i turn my back on him and up go the headphones as if i couldnt hear his sorry ass then i watched my boy mike turn around and we began to laugh trying to hold the laugh in i looked at him and said stfu mike your gonna make me laugh out loud ,, so now it was up to matt the 20 yr old my other training bro to do the final turn around ,,,and he did ,,,,so this poor dude was standing there with his woman behind him begging for a 20yr olds attention and matt simply turned his back and we all burst out laughing it was a chain reaction :D so this dude says really loud as he walks away they dont know shit his girl was like yea , HAHAHAA good laugh for all of us, surprised mike didnt want to fight him i guess it was to funny so that was a good thing.

Last edited:
I applaud you for holding it all together! I know him coming up to me and saying and doing all those antics it would have opened up a can of whoop ass. Not physically, but verbally. I cant hold back my true feelings for ignorant people sometimes. But man that must have been something to go through having this guy enlighten you with his knowledge in the weight room! LOL.

There is a boob in every gym...some you want to squeeze...some you want to lick...then there is that one you cannot stand that hangs down to the knees and you want to hit with a hammer and kill it...

Hey i know this makes no sense, but I have been up for 24 hours and playes a full football game and now I am working so I migjht be a little weird.

funny stuff

indeed there are turdballs at every gym... seems like it..
atleast they're good... for a laugh ! LOL

hey jt i was just giving you some good advice! i did not know you was going to share my secrets with evrybody. from now on you are on your own.--jerry

People like that are a big reason I keep my head down to try and avoid eye conatct with the guys and headphones ON even if I am not listening to music. If I get approached I usually just nod my head and walk away.

Jethro that is a funny story......I wonder what these people see when they look in a mirror....do they really think that fat is muscle? Better yet what do their peers tell them they look like? lol funny stuff right there.

IT HELPED ME TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW THAT HAPPENED...

....AND TO HEAR I AM NOT ALONE. AS FAR AS WHAT THIS GUY SEES IN THE MIRROR....YOU'VE GOT ME! HE ALSO THOUGHT THAT LITTLE GAL IN THE GYM HAD THE HOTS FOR HIM. I AM PRETTY SURE THAT WAS NOT THE CASE.

I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT HE WAS WALKING OVER AND SMASHING THE HEAVY BAG ONCE IN A WHILE AS HE WAS SHARING HIS UNSOLICITED ADVICE.

3-4 BIG PUNCHES....SAUNTERS ON OVER AND BLABS FOR A WHILE. ON TOP OF THIS....FORGOT TO MENTION THIS PART! THERE WAS THIS SMALLER MEXICAN DUDE UP VISITING FROM CALIFORNIA, WORKING CONSTRUCTION. WE HAD BEEN TALKING IN BETWEEN SETS ABOUT HOW EVERYONE IS NICE HERE IN MONTANA AND THEN...."BIG MAN" COMES OVER AND STARTS HIS BULLSHIT. AT ONE POINT THE GUY WAS JUST ABOUT TO FAILURE ON HIS SET OF DUMBELL CURLS AND BIG JERRY STEPS UP BEHIND HIM AND HOLLERS...2 MORE WHILE PUSHING UP ON THE FELLAS FOREARM. [THE GUY WAS PROBABLY 5'4 135-`40LBS AND WAS CAUGHT TOTALLY OFF GUARD BY THIS ASSISTANCE] BIG MAN SAYS.."YEAH, DON'T STOP WHEN IT GETS HARD, THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT BABY!" THE LATINO GUY PUT HIS HEADPHONES ON AND WALKED DOWNSTAIRS...GAVE ME A LITTLE WAVE. SO MUCH FOR ALL THE GOOD DUDES HERE IN HICKSVILLE! LOL...

I SORTA HAD TO SHARE THIS TALE WITH YOU GUYS...I GOT HOME AND WAS BUGGED BY WHAT HAPPENED ALL DAY. THEN DAD AND I WATCHED THE UFC AND ALL WAS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD ONCE AGAIN! :)

YEAH..ONCE THAT UNCONTROLABLE LAUGHTER STARTS....

IT'S OVER FOR ME! I COULD BE GETTING THE SHIT POUNDED OUT OF ME AND IT JUST WOULDN'T MATTER. :)

Vander_V said:
funny story man shit never ceases to amaze me.

that reminds me of this fat ass about a month ago came up to me and the boys while training with his 1980 style training gear on you know the parachut looking pants with boots and everlast XXXXL sleevless shirt and a weight belt that could fit a cow , anyways he walks up to us with his gf or wife behind him and says so you guys are the bodybuilders here huh and smirked as if he was some sort of old pro or vet of the sport his woman chuckled , i was like omg is this a joke did BBA set this up are these people for real lol anyways he begins to ruin are workout with how he was this and that and how he had knee surgery and offering training tips which were aweful , meanwhile hes directing his view really only toward me trying to get my attention but im looking down the whole time , at this point i had enuff of the BS so i turn my back on him and up go the headphones as if i couldnt hear his sorry ass then i watched my boy mike turn around and we began to laugh trying to hold the laugh in i looked at him and said stfu mike your gonna make me laugh out loud ,, so now it was up to matt the 20 yr old my other training bro to do the final turn around ,,,and he did ,,,,so this poor dude was standing there with his woman behind him begging for a 20yr olds attention and matt simply turned his back and we all burst out laughing it was a chain reaction :D so this dude says really loud as he walks away they dont know shit his girl was like yea , HAHAHAA good laugh for all of us, surprised mike didnt want to fight him i guess it was to funny so that was a good thing.

HAHAHAHA....THANKS I GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE TO STAY SKINNY.

feelnfit said:
hey jt i was just giving you some good advice! i did not know you was going to share my secrets with evrybody. from now on you are on your own.--jerry
I ACTUALLY THOUGHT OH, NO..JERRRY LIVES!

I TRIED WEARING HEADPHONES.....

Homer said:
People like that are a big reason I keep my head down to try and avoid eye conatct with the guys and headphones ON even if I am not listening to music. If I get approached I usually just nod my head and walk away.
....BUT THEY MESS UP MY HAIR. LOL.....WHEN I AM TRAINING MY CLOTHING MUST NOT BECOME DAMP FROM PERSPIRATION AND MY HAIR MUST LOOK SPORTY. OTHERWIZE I LOSE MY FOCUS.... :D

MIKE...THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I TRAIN ALONE!

MikeS said:
Funny story my friend! You have alot more patience than me, and Im pretty patient! Id have went off!

I GET CAUGHT AND JUST FEEL BAD BEING MEAN TO EVEN A SUPERSTAR LIKE JERRY. IN THE PAST I HAVE HAD BUDDYS WHO WOULD PUT AND END SOMETHING LIKE THAT PRETTY DAMB QUICK. YOU OUGHT TO SEE HOW FRUSTRATED MEREDITH GETS. SHE'S ALWAYS ASKING ME...'WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST TELL [WHOEVER IT MIGHT BE THAT DAY] TO SCREW OFF?" ....SHE HAS NO PROBLEMS IN THAT AREA!

I USUALLY SIT AND FUME ABOUT IT LATER LIKE LAST NIGHT WHEN I POSTED THIS THREAD. YOUR WAY IS PROBABLY HEALTHIER. :eek:

JT is way too nice to these dickheads! I've actually had to go stand in between him and another guy that all he did was folllow him around and talk even during his sets. And this bonehead still didn't get it! This guy just stood there and waited about 1/2 a foot behind me as I was asking how his lift was going and that we had to get going soon so not more visiting. Sometimes I feel TOO mean, but someones got to stand up for skinny. :D

My hat's off to you...

JT for showing so much patience... As I've gotten older I try to be more understanding and tolerant of people because you never know what they're gone through or what their situation may be. Doesn't always work for me though.... :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear