over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I think I just tore something

Sounds about like my strain i had a while back. Just come back slow. I had to be really deliberate with my pressing movements and do them slow to make sure i didnt injure it further. But it will take 2 to 4 weeks to heal. Mine took 4 weeks untill i felt safe. ICE as much as you can!!!!

I wonder if i should try to train back tomorrow. I bet that will still agrivate it. Prolly take a couple days off completly and then skip chest for a couple weeks.

after reading the thread I threw in declines last night too.
Thanks for posting the recommendation to not be going below 5 reps. Noted.
As I've been increasing weight I've been a little fearful of getting an injury.

Get it looked at and get an MRI. I tore my pec major 100% on decline. I didn't bruise on my chest, it all was I'm my arm. If your bruising you have toren something. Don't wait to get it checked. If it's a bad tear you only have so much time to get it fixed with out problems. My surgon said it was a 3 week window. My survey was 13 days after the injury and he said it was a major pain to get my pec stretched back out so he could reattach it. Good luck bro.

Last edited:
Get it looked at and get an MRI. I tore my pec major 100% on decline. I didn't bruise on my chest, it all was I'm my arm. If your bruising you have toren something. Don't wait to get it checked. If it's a bad tear you only have so much time to get it fixed with out problems. My surgon said it was a 3 week window. My survey was 13 days after the injury and he said it was a major pain to get my pec stretched back out so he could reattach it. Good luck bro.

Didnt you have some serious deformation when looking at your chest? Could you tell because the muscle rolled up? Id think there were some visual cues, but wow complete tear and no blood? I think you probably severed the tendon and didnt tear any muscle and thats why no blood. Tendons have very little blood supply.

Didnt you have some serious deformation when looking at your chest? Could you tell because the muscle rolled up? Id think there were some visual cues, but wow complete tear and no blood? I think you probably severed the tendon and didnt tear any muscle and thats why no blood. Tendons have very little blood supply.

I did tear the tendon and yes you could see it right after it happened. looked like i had a soft ball under my skin. I swelled like crazy in my pec(tripled in size) tons of bruising down my arm. He could still have a tear though. A friend tore part of his pec major(muscle not the tendon) and he had no noticable shape change. He had surgery to repair it also. Bruising in his arm pit. Worst pain i have ever been through. The tear itself and the rehab afterwards.

I wonder if i should try to train back tomorrow. I bet that will still agrivate it. Prolly take a couple days off completly and then skip chest for a couple weeks.

When I partially tore my left supraspinatus tendon, my sports doctor told me I could train, just don't do movements that hurt.

I decided to do decline today after reading it on here last night. Thought id change it up with something different. I pyramided up and on my last set I was doing 2. First one was smooth. but on the 2nd one, pain hit me in my left shoulder. I had to let go of the bar. there was no more pushing. So I got up and massaged it as I walked around the gym knowing I might have just done something bad. After about 10 mins. I went over to a hammer strength machine with basically no weight and it was to painful to move.
It's not in my joint. its like whre my chest connects to my arm/front delt area. Chest still looks normal and its been about an hour since i did it. looks a little swollen but not any discoloration yet. (might be to early). Anyway just wondering what yall have to say. Never had a chest /shoulder injury. Ive been lucky.

I'm hoping that you didnt tear a pec. Keep us posted.

Yeah get an MRI asap. My buddy owns a rehab/pt/chiro business and he gave me a cortisone shot today (last one in this shoulder was 8-9 yrs ago) said i had a strain I think in the AC joint and he put the shot in the joint. I have been icing for 2 days, keep away from offending exercises for 2 weeks. But get that MRI it may not be that bad and some therapy and/or ART may heal you.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws