Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ibuprofen isn’t good for anyone

CC

Registered
I haven't taken ibuprofen in years.

Also see this: High doses of anti-inflammatory drugs compromise muscle strength and hypertrophic adaptations to resistance training in young adults - Lilja - 2017 - Acta Physiologica - Wiley Online Library

"Maximal over-the-counter doses of ibuprofen attenuate strength and muscle hypertrophic adaptations to 8 weeks of resistance training in young adults. Thus, young individuals using resistance training to maximize muscle growth or strength should avoid excessive intake of anti-inflammatory drugs."

chinaboy

Kilo Klub Member
Where I work we prescribe ibuprofen like candy. Well responsibly, but still, we prescribe a lot. Although our clientele is not athletes.

buck

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
There is really nothing good about and of the NSAID's out there that I have seen. Short term use at most. I usually just put up with the discomfort and don't use any.

Mike Arnold

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Verified Sponsor
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
There is really nothing good about and of the NSAID's out there that I have seen. Short term use at most. I usually just put up with the discomfort and don't use any.

NSAIDS can be very helpful drugs when used sparingly to help cope with significant pain, but chronic use is severely damaging, particularly to the heart.

rmtt

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I haven't taken ibuprofen in years.

Also see this: High doses of anti-inflammatory drugs compromise muscle strength and hypertrophic adaptations to resistance training in young adults - Lilja - 2017 - Acta Physiologica - Wiley Online Library

"Maximal over-the-counter doses of ibuprofen attenuate strength and muscle hypertrophic adaptations to 8 weeks of resistance training in young adults. Thus, young individuals using resistance training to maximize muscle growth or strength should avoid excessive intake of anti-inflammatory drugs."

Same here. I was talking with my friend last thursday who happens to be my Dr. about all the new regulations he's seeing....especially with the "war on opiates". He mentioned over Christmas break he was at a seminar about chronic pain that was hosted by one of the top guys in the nation. Told me his name but I forgot.

But he said the guy showed study after study of how bad NSAIDS are for long term treatment in use with patients with chronic pain.

He said one doctor spoke up and asked how were they supposed to treat their patients....especially in states where marijuana wasn't even an option.

He said the guy plain out stated low doses of narcotics.... and went into detail about how much safer they were for long term treatment.

I hear something like that, and it just makes me wonder if anything is actually safe?

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

chinaboy

Kilo Klub Member
Again, where I work we view this the same way. It's better to have a 65+ person taking long term low dose narcotics rather than long term NSAIDs. Yet someone below 65 are more likely to become addicted to the narcotic and get out of control and therefore NSAIDs become the lesser of the evils.

rmtt

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Again, where I work we view this the same way. It's better to have a 65+ person taking long term low dose narcotics rather than long term NSAIDs. Yet someone below 65 are more likely to become addicted to the narcotic and get out of control and therefore NSAIDs become the lesser of the evils.

Yeah....he was telling me of one of his patients that had severe chronic pain. I didn't ask specifics.

But he said the guy had been on low dose of narcotics for years which allowed him to work and lead a normal life...and actually be able to retire from his job.

If he hadn't had that....he said that the guy could barely get out of bed.

We speak a lot about how health care has changed so much. He has some colleagues who have said that they were done prescribing opiates as it was too much of a hassle.

But he said that he feels as a doctor...his patient's needs come first and he has no problem with doing so if it is the correct circumstance...and he keeps everything documented.

He did say they were making it harder and harder on them though.

sub7percent

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Is Tylenol or aleve a good alternative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chinaboy

Kilo Klub Member
Is Tylenol or aleve a good alternative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well. Anything in moderation generally is ok. Its kind of like pick your poison.

Use ice.

Last edited:

brutus69

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
aspirin is an nsaid.
i wonder how many people take that every day on here.

buck

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
NSAIDS can be very helpful drugs when used sparingly to help cope with significant pain, but chronic use is severely damaging, particularly to the heart.

Yes they can be beneficial. But in general it is better to stop doing what ever is causing the problem to begin with. And that often takes care of the situation. But many people seem to just want to mask the problem.

shadow1

Registered
Ibuprofen is the only thing that works for me.. headache or anything else. I have no choice, if I have pain and don't wanna be high.

Krus8r

Registered
I stopped using Ibuprofen a few years ago when I started getting platelet lysate and stem cell treatments for things like rotator cuff tears. The doctors that treat me said that Ibuprofen damages (kills) the very stem cells we need for repair...

ALLEX

Banned
Ibuprofen is the only thing that works for me.. headache or anything else. I have no choice, if I have pain and don't wanna be high.

Dipyrone is better. No high either, just a potent painkiller.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • Bio

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BIGPAPASWOLE