over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IFBB Pro Mike Horn Dies Of Heart Attack

Rest in peace, champ. Way too soon, and way too many of these lately.

It s very sad, RIP. Too many :(

Damn. Look like he was about 52-53 years old which is just a few years older than me. Sad.

Was a cause listed?

"His sister explained that there were some symptoms that Horn was experiencing before the heart attack that took his life, but he would brush them off as nothing too serious."

Mike Horn would collapse on March 26th, before passing away 13 days later, from a heart attack at the age of 55 years old. He left behind friends and family, as well as a wealth of clients who got valuable experience from working with him at his self titled Personal Training gym in Mobile, Alabama.

He was a really good dude , he came to most of the shows down here (north gulf coast) and was always a super nice guy to everyone he came in contact with.
It didn't matter how many times you met him he remembered you like an old friend.

I thought it was a mistake when I heard he died because the last time we talked we were discussing health and what older guys should be doing , seemed like he was being pro active in longitivity

We know he had symptoms prior to collapsing in the gym but we dont know what they were and he brushed them off as nothing to be concerned about.

Im no expert on heart attacks but my instinct tells me it could have "started" prior to the workout and the physical exertion is what did him in. Conjecture on my part of course. What I just speculated about may not even be possible.

I know your situation was similar in that your heart attack happened at the gym as well, if I am not mistaken. Did you have symptoms prior to the heart attack?

So we know that he had the heart attack/ arrhythmia in the gym exercising?

We know he had symptoms prior to collapsing in the gym but we dont know what they were and he brushed them off as nothing to be concerned about.

Im no expert on heart attacks but my instinct tells me it could have "started" prior to the workout and the physical exertion is what did him in. Conjecture on my part of course. What I just speculated about may not even be possible.

I know your situation was similar in that your heart attack happened at the gym as well, if I am not mistaken. Did you have symptoms prior to the heart attack?
In my case, I suffered a big blood clot in my right coronary while doing heavy squats. I had zero symptoms before the trip to the gym. I felt normal. I had developed cardiomyopathy about 4 years prior and had symptoms then, but EF recovered to 55% and symptoms went away.

He might have had blockages already since he had some symptoms already, and then went into V tach exercising. I have that. The v tach can go real fast into V fib, less than 1 minute and then you pass out. Never wake up because it goes into cardiac arrest if not stopped by a defibrillator. The gym should have had an external device hanging on the wall.

4 years prior to your heart attack you had cardio myopathy but you recovered your EF to 55%? Did you keep on with the gear for years after this?

In my case, I suffered a big blood clot in my right coronary while doing heavy squats. I had zero symptoms before the trip to the gym. I felt normal. I had developed cardiomyopathy about 4 years prior and had symptoms then, but EF recovered to 55% and symptoms went away.

He might have had blockages already since he had some symptoms already, and then went into V tach exercising. I have that. The v tach can go real fast into V fib, less than 1 minute and then you pass out. Never wake up because it goes into cardiac arrest if not stopped by a defibrillator. The gym should have had an external device hanging on the wall.

RIP very sad
But we know what we are getting ourselves into in this game.bery sad

4 years prior to your heart attack you had cardio myopathy but you recovered your EF to 55%? Did you keep on with the gear for years after this?
Yes. Im not sure how many years it was, but it was around 4 or 5 years. I was off for a year and it recovered. I then gradually got back to taking things again. Quite a few others have done the same, like Chris on here. Its not easy getting off gear once you have been on a decade or more.

RIP

Damn just saw this....He used to pm me alot on facebook.....wow.....shocked to see this....seemed like a great guy

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member