YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

INTENSE WORKOUT, PROBLEM SLEEPING, anyone?

cashrolling

Registered
Long time I want to talk about this. When I train very intense ,that night I have a hard time to sleep, I wake up often and I feel restless. So I'm wondering if I overtraining or is it because I train at 6pm. Here is my training from yesterday, would u consider it too intense or too much?
1-incline bench press 4x20-12-8-7 last 2 sets at failure with 2 forced reps

2-decline bench press 4x12-10-9-7 all to positive failure

3- incline dumbell press 3x15-8-8 last 2 sets to failure plus forced reps

4-lateral shoulders 4x8+8+8(strip sets)

5-triceps machine 3x20 just pump

I have trouble sleeping if I train late at night but that's later than you train (10pm) and I do take a highly dosed pre-workout supp. But it's known that doing (intense) movement in the hours before you go to sleep is detrimental towards your sleeping because you're still revved up from the exercise.

When I do powerlifter routines, my dream goes by the drain. But hypertrophy routines can also ruin your CNS.

Your routine does not seem excessive in volume, but the intensity could be enough at that time of day to affect your dream.

How is the rest of routine?

I notice that when I'm in the right mood and I push my workouts real intense , this sleeping problem happens. I hate to train in the morning but I can try and see what happens. I also love hight intensity so it's hard to train shy of failure for me, but something need to be adjusted here....age also count, as I'm 38 now, this problem became more relevant in the past few years..

I would love to train in the morning as well for the same reason but even though I could do it, my cns seems to not be awake enough, even with stims and I end up having a shitty workout. But you could try, who knows?

CNS fatigue

CNS fatigue

I think this is the problem. I guess age is creeping on me. So what u think is better, lower the intensity and stick to same volume or get more rest days? Im currently doing 2on 1 off on a push-pull-legs split.
To avoid CNS fatigue, how many hardcore failure intense sets would u suggest for each workout? I was thinking to try limit those sets to 2 or 3

I think this is the problem. I guess age is creeping on me. So what u think is better, lower the intensity and stick to same volume or get more rest days? Im currently doing 2on 1 off on a push-pull-legs split.
To avoid CNS fatigue, how many hardcore failure intense sets would u suggest for each workout? I was thinking to try limit those sets to 2 or 3

Theres many ways; lower frequency, lower volume, lower intensity, rest more, sleep more, hydrate more, better diet. Be analytical in your weaknesses and strengths before making your decision.

That's what I was thinking, it's because your cns is revved up too much from your training session. Unless you are chronically overtraining (something not too common, not nearly as common as you hear or read about on the internet), an overly fatigued cns is rare.

A good marker for that would be if you'd feel down/depressed after your workouts instead of revved up/excited.

I notice that when I'm in the right mood and I push my workouts real intense , this sleeping problem happens. I hate to train in the morning but I can try and see what happens. I also love hight intensity so it's hard to train shy of failure for me, but something need to be adjusted here....age also count, as I'm 38 now, this problem became more relevant in the past few years..

That to me is a sign you're not suffering from anything cns-fatigue-related. If that were the case, you wouldn't be 'in the right mood' and having intense workouts to begin with.

I work out at 7pm almost every night. It’s midnight before I can wind down and go to sleep. I don’t take any preworkouts or anything either. My body just has a hard time winding down. But trust me I pay for it every morning when I have to wake up at 5 am. Luckily I only work four days a week so I can make up a little sleep on weekends

I work out at 7pm almost every night. It’s midnight before I can wind down and go to sleep. I don’t take any preworkouts or anything either. My body just has a hard time winding down. But trust me I pay for it every morning when I have to wake up at 5 am. Luckily I only work four days a week so I can make up a little sleep on weekends

Same issue here, it sucks but it's best to just deal with it and don't go down the road of using downers to combat the problem!

I do agree, I don't think it's overtraining, I feel super energized after the workout until well late into 1am. Also no fatigue or depression, actually the opposite. Looking forward for the gym and have to limit my will to do more than I suppose to. It makes me feel better to see other people have the same issue and also excluding overtraining, I guess I need to train in the morning and see how it feels or use some sleeping aid thru the nights after most intense workouts.....PS; TO AVOID OVERTRAINING I DO A VERY LIGHT TRAINING WEEK EVERY 3 OF HIGH INTENSITY.

I do agree, I don't think it's overtraining, I feel super energized after the workout until well late into 1am. Also no fatigue or depression, actually the opposite. Looking forward for the gym and have to limit my will to do more than I suppose to. It makes me feel better to see other people have the same issue and also excluding overtraining, I guess I need to train in the morning and see how it feels or use some sleeping aid thru the nights after most intense workouts.....PS; TO AVOID OVERTRAINING I DO A VERY LIGHT TRAINING WEEK EVERY 3 OF HIGH INTENSITY.

CNS fatigue and over training arent the same thing

Let's just look at the simple stuff real quick... Are you using a preworkout? Or caffeine in general in the mid or late afternoon? Many people don't THINK it's keeping them from sleeping, and they may indeed be able to fall asleep, but the quality of the sleep is going to be poor. Caffeine sticks around in your system for longer than you can feel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yea it happens to me, I’m revved up and wired after workouts mentally even if physically I’m burned out.

I used to get that really bad after training legs with John Parillo. He put us through the gauntlet. Afterwards I felt worn out but at the same time my hormones, probably adrenalin, were pumped up big time I think. I would lay in bed and just stare at the ceiling, it was terrible. I would finally get to sleep around 3 am then have to be up at 5:30 am.

Only happened after those training sessions. Once I stopped training with him I never had it again. I also didn't grow as well either!

^^

same here legs did it for me. Now that I have to watch leg training and havent been able to push to true gun to your head failure, well...maybe those days are over bc of an injury, plus ive been training heavy legs for sixteen years and goign to complete failure a long time and I have to watch it.

Long time I want to talk about this. When I train very intense ,that night I have a hard time to sleep, I wake up often and I feel restless. So I'm wondering if I overtraining or is it because I train at 6pm. Here is my training from yesterday, would u consider it too intense or too much?
1-incline bench press 4x20-12-8-7 last 2 sets at failure with 2 forced reps

2-decline bench press 4x12-10-9-7 all to positive failure

3- incline dumbell press 3x15-8-8 last 2 sets to failure plus forced reps

4-lateral shoulders 4x8+8+8(strip sets)

5-triceps machine 3x20 just pump

I sure it’s already been said below but absolutely if I train balls out where my cns is is compromised not only can I not sleep that night but I also have these jitter spasms(happens mostly after legs when I skip a leg workout or smash a higher weight and volume session) . I can’t get comfortable and feel I have to flex or release something within my body, so weird. You would think if you taxed your cns you would sleep like a bday I think it’s a number of things happening all at once in the body in regards to homeostasis/recovery and also the mind.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity