over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

interview with frank zane ..excerpt

what i have never understood is this: if you appreciate the Ronnie or Yates or whoever mass monster look, fine (I do too) but why does it mean that you can't appreciate a Zane (or Shawn Ray, or whoever...)?

Just a question, not trying to help this thread get more off topic even though I prolly just did.

What Zane did for conditioning is what Arnold did for mass.

Zane showed us the standard for conditioning. and that conditioning trumps size in a contest. I personally prefer the huge mass monsters to zanes physique, it is none the less very impressive. How can you call Zane a pussy? If you cannot realize the importance of conditioning in bodybuilding perhaps this shouldn't be your sport.

Now thats not nice did I verbally bash you? We all have a right to our likes and dislikes. Me fat bloated one? does that mean you are a walking wind tunnel(you are a chick right)? probably not. just cuz you like ectomorph type physiques you might as well slam me for my opinion? I had friends that thought he had
the greatest look. They all were thin ectomorphs or really hard gainers.
Just not my thing. Anyway cheers from a big fat bloated lifter!

I have notice that ectos tend to like asesthetic phisiques were endos (like me) tend to like the big boys. Just an observation.

What Zane did for conditioning is what Arnold did for mass.

Zane showed us the standard for conditioning. and that conditioning trumps size in a contest. I personally prefer the huge mass monsters to zanes physique, it is none the less very impressive. How can you call Zane a pussy? If you cannot realize the importance of conditioning in bodybuilding perhaps this shouldn't be your sport.

Yeah maybe your right. I guess I am a slow learner. Where the fuck do you get off deciding what importance I place on conditioning? Hate to rain on your zane ultimate condition trip but serge nubret would hand zane his ass in conditioning in the very same era.Don't remember al beckles by chance do ya?
Zane by no means had a lock on condition. Ah heck I am just kidding.
all in good fun. Have a good one.

Speaking as a total ignoramus about body-building, but as someone with an outstanding aesthetic sense, I think Frank's and Arnold's bodies in their primes were incredibly beautiful. I can't say the same about today's champions, who I've noticed all have giant, protruding guts when they're facing away from the stage-front, flexing their backs for the judges.

But I do respect those with different values. Just sayin'

I remember Frank zane saying it took him an hour to eat 3 shrimp.
His way of telling how focused he was on his pre contest diet
No wonder he was such a skinny little weak fuck. No i don't care what he "won". He looked like a triathlete. ectomorph jacked on aas and his
own self righteous ego back in the day. nobody liked that whinypuss
back then

If I was you, I would choose your words carefully kid. Frank Zane is a legend and inducted in a Hall of Fame. There are members here who highly respected Frank Zane such as Aeliop and even got an autographed from the legend.

Yeah maybe your right. I guess I am a slow learner. Where the fuck do you get off deciding what importance I place on conditioning? Hate to rain on your zane ultimate condition trip but serge nubret would hand zane his ass in conditioning in the very same era.Don't remember al beckles by chance do ya?
Zane by no means had a lock on condition. Ah heck I am just kidding.
all in good fun. Have a good one.

I don't care were u put conditioning. The judges, however, rank conditioning very high. The guy that wins a bodybuilding show may or may not be a true monster, but he WILL be shredded.

You are one of those guys that gets his ass kicked in a bar for "just kidding", huh?

Choose my words carefully? wow golly gee whiz an autograph? In A hall of fame? Ok Frank Zane is -was awesome. He was so conditioned.
Frank Zane is great great great. He showed the world that you could look great with less muscle if presented correctly. He is almost Godlike.
I am sorry for being annoyed by a grown man bragging about taking an hour to eat three shrimp. I was so wrong . I am so sorry. My limited knowledge of
training caused my childish outburst. I I really am not sure who Frank Zane
is I just felt I did not like him because he is not a tough austrailian guy.
Those aussies are some tough sobs eh? Anyway pull your panties up out your pucker and go ahead and start eating. Never thought so many would get so bent on playing around on the net. Damn hope I don't get sued for shrink fees geez!!!
WOW!! ALL this and not 100 posts yet? Bro you are on a roll, keep it going and let's see if you actually get that 100. You come in here and disrespect too many people and you will get your ass handed to you. There really is no need for childish outbursts here. This is supposed to be a place where grown men can actually debate shit, and yes you are entitled to your opinion. It is all about how you state said opinion. You may think what you like about any one of the guys that possess a Sandow! But the fact remains that YOU aint one of em!! Pardon my poor english there but I thought you might understand that a bit easier!

Just had a view of the photo which Tony posted and if anyone thinks that Zane looks like a triathlete there then hell I better get on the bike, have a swim and tighten my running shoes now.

I am damn near cerain, correct that, I am certain that if you showed a hundred women that photo and then a photo of say Coleman or Cutler and asked which is more attractive, I would bet the farm that about 99.9% would go with the Zane photo. Guess what the other cool thing for Zane is, he is still alive? Any guesses on if the mass monsters of today will be still kicking in their 70's?

Food for thought

Choose my words carefully? wow golly gee whiz an autograph? In A hall of fame? Ok Frank Zane is -was awesome. He was so conditioned.
Frank Zane is great great great. He showed the world that you could look great with less muscle if presented correctly. He is almost Godlike.
I am sorry for being annoyed by a grown man bragging about taking an hour to eat three shrimp. I was so wrong . I am so sorry. My limited knowledge of
Those aussies are some tough sobs eh? Anyway pull your panties up out your pucker and go ahead and start eating. Never thought so many would get so bent on playing around on the net. Damn hope I don't get sued for shrink fees geez!!!

I am an Australian tough mongrel bastard and proud of it! I bet you never heard of Frank Zane which tells me you are 16 year old immature prick. I can see you have disrespected alot of members here and the mods are watching you like a hawk. Keep going like this and you wont last long here!

Would love to see this guy with the ball in a NRL game. :D:D

I am 5'6-5'7 300 pounds and would love to tackle the bastard. Might as well called in the stretcher before I give him a good hit-up!

I would LOVE to see you post some pictures of yourself!!! You come on here and insult everybody? You are 16 aren't you? If you don't enjoy intelligent conversation why don't you head over to bodybuilding.com. You would fit in great over there!:mad:

This Turbobusa dude has some real balls disrespecting a LEGEND like Zane!!!
A 3 time Mr O!!! One of THE MOST PERFECT PHYSIQUES OF ALL TIME!!! A man who never placed less than 4th in any contest! And 1 of only 3 men to EVER beat Arnold in a contest!!!

Dude, you don't know jack-shit about what a bodybuilding physique should look like!!!
I would literally give me left nut & both my pinkies to look like that, lol!!!

I am 5'6-5'7 300 pounds and would love to tackle the bastard. Might as well called in the stretcher before I give him a good hit-up!
HAHAHAHAHA yep the NRL would love to get a hold of some of these internet tough pricks! You see Chef, it is so easy for the kids to sit behind a computer another world away and talk shit. But put them in the back yard and they will pee their pants and cry MOMMY!! Oh and BTW way am in Oz too.........does that qualify me for a tough SOB???????;):D

Back to Frank Zane. I his day he had one of the most astheticly (not athletically) pleasing physiques going. Nope not the biggest but it was David that slayed Goliath yes? Definitley a worthy opponent on stage. Call him a pussy? No not me. I have a ton of respect for him. Hell I grew up in his era and he was one of the body building idols back then. Sure times have changed, but have they actually changed for the better? Now that is the question that Frank seems to be asking. Apples to apples is what we need to compare. The mass monsters of today are the evolution of the sport and the drugs we use. Plain and simple.

HAHAHAHAHA yep the NRL would love to get a hold of some of these internet tough pricks! You see Chef, it is so easy for the kids to sit behind a computer another world away and talk shit. But put them in the back yard and they will pee their pants and cry MOMMY!! Oh and BTW way am in Oz too.........does that qualify me for a tough SOB???????;):D

I agree. Why do these young pricks hind behind the computer all day and pretend to be wannabe's Dorian Yates or something. LoL! Easy for them to talked shit and hind behind the computer because they got nothing better to do and all they think is mega dose will help them to become Mr fucking Olympia!

Last edited:
Now thats not nice did I verbally bash you? We all have a right to our likes and dislikes. Me fat bloated one? does that mean you are a walking wind tunnel(you are a chick right)? probably not. just cuz you like ectomorph type physiques you might as well slam me for my opinion? I had friends that thought he had
the greatest look. They all were thin ectomorphs or really hard gainers.
Just not my thing. Anyway cheers from a big fat bloated lifter!

People are so sensitive. It may sound like I were bashing you but not really. I am not a chick... Elvia is my ex gf... I wish I could change the username and probably silly me picking it in the first place.

Why do you think I prefer ectomorph phsiques. I prefer a combinaton of size and condition. In that era I much preferred Arnie's physique... by a long way.

Like I stated I wasn't bashing you. To explain you wonder why I could write such a thing as you never bashd me or said anythign bad to me. I find it equally baffling how someone could call someone a skinny weak fuck even though they have never been verbally bashed or even met that person. Not bashing you. But in my experience people who have that opinion with physiques like Frank's are usually fat bloated guys in the gym who think they are great cos they lift heavy but their bellies are bigger than their heads.

I could be completely wrong but when generalizing I believe the above to be true. I am not a huge fan of Frank by any means... he was too small in my eyes but his physique was incredible. But I wouldn't call him what you did.

He was always a great ambassador for the sport, had
a physique that was admired by men and women alike
and having done the absolute best with what he had.

And I don't think Frank ever claimed to be "natural"
in his prime, when at his best in bodybuilding. He even
admitted as much at a training seminar I attended,
that he put on. But usage back them was nothing
like it is now from what, admittingly, little I know
from people I have talked to.

Regarding his comments, some might say sour grapes
but I don't think so. He has been there - done that,
matured, has the advantage, the life experience, of
being able to look back, compare, evaluate, reflect.
One can do that, have that perspective when you have
been on top and paid your dues.

Sure his final comments are a bit of an exaggeration
to say the least (exploding bodybuilders), I'm guessing
he's just trying to make a point with the issue of health
due to all the extremes . . .

Nice comment,I like Frank Zane,he was and still is a champion.He has forgot more than i will ever know about our sport

Think Zane was trying to say that is out of this realm for an aspiring natural bodybuilder to think he will get up to 260lbs with 4% body fat naturally and think they are going to stand up on the Olympia stage.

Some people who are having success naturally may have dilusions of thinking that they can accomplish that goal. Truth is that most people even with insane amounts of juice, the best diets, 10 hours of sleep a day will not be Mr. Olympia. Maybe, there are a few freaks out there with insane genetics, but for most part people have to be realisitic.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mvdds
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131