over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is It Just Our F-ing Breed?

Kaiser

Moderator/Computer Geek
The more and more I look it's kind of strange. Did you ever notice that most people around us, in the normal world, do not have the same problems as we do in this stupid ass BB way of life?

It amazes me that while we all gather here in a forum together, we notice and point out all of our heart breaking situations. All of the pain, and everything else that has happened to us in the past & present. Is there a similarity or a rare consiquence that we have such trauma? I am starting to think it is our breed, because we are a breed whether you want to admit it or not. We take body and science to it's limits. Maybe it's our personality. Maybe it's just sheer luck, I don't know. But the more and more I look at it and how we ALL take unnecessary chances (besides the clear headed one on here, 'Diesel') makes me wonder WHY? What makes us like this? High testosterone level naturally? A need to be the best? Because if you think about it, when we shine we really shine, but when we don't we REALLY don't and it usually ends up with someone in the hospital or in jail. How many soldiers have to fall before we wake up? I don't know the answer. I just sit back and do what I always have done. This, right here. THIS. Train, and try too look the best I can along with making the most money I can. This also runs into my business life. I take chances. Unfortunately, some are not good ones, but at least I learn from them.
Either way, I think our balls are way more than we can physically/mentally handle sometimes.

Thats what I have to say today, as I was PM'ing a very respected member in here tonight because of a tragedy he went through. Maybe it's just that we, here, get things off of our chest and everyone talks about their problems. I don't know. Essentially we're like that incredible Nascar driver, that never, I mean never wants to think about a crash. But when it happens it's life altering.

In the end, would you/we do it another way?

Thanks for hearing me out.

Last edited:
Everyone has problems... aren't forums, no matter what the interest, a place where one can toss out inhibition and bring to attention off the wall topics? These things are fun and allow us to escape. We also can interact and sometimes learn. Your thoughts run wild tonight my friend.:) The world has problems, our sport just attracts the worse at times. In reality, it's not the sport as much is it is the people in it. I know many other "normal" people that have much greater issues and problems. There is good and bad in anything. If one encapsulates one's self totally in this world then of course you'll see all kind of crazy crap. It's the same in anything. Even the church. Quit being so serious.:) This board needs some cheer after todays activities.:)

Attachments

• complaints01.jpg
    complaints01.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
pumpputnam said:
Everyone has problems... aren't forums, no matter what the interest, a place where one can toss out inhibition and bring to attention off the wall topics. These things are fun and allow us to escape. We also can interact and sometimes learn. Your thoughts run wild tonight my friend.:) The world has problems, our sport just attracts the worse at times. In reality, it's not the sport as much is it is the people in it. I know many other "normal" people that have much greater issues and problems. There is good and bad in anything. If one encapsulates one's self totally in this world then of course you'll see all kind of crazy crap. It's the same in anything. Even the church.

Understood Pete, and it makes alot of sense, but I am also from alot of other forums. Forums that have nothing to do with BB. They have no where near the problems I have seen over the years, granted, everyone has problems. But I can say that the same thing happens over and over. Someone goes to jail or someone ends up in the hospital. Don't get me wrong, I am by far not saying EVERYBODY, but an out of the norm amount from what I have seen over 18 years of training. As I appended to my post probably while you were writing your's it's like the Nascar driver...

Anyway, I am certainly not down tonight and my mind is not wandering. I just wanted to post my feelings.
Thanks Pete.

i agree with what you say kaiser, and im sure a lot of it stems from a lot of people on this perticular board being younger (20's-30's primarly, not singling anyone out) and doing dumb shit and making bad decisions. people thinking they are invincible using too much gear, people eating too much food to where they become unhealthy and not watching their cholosterol, BP, LDL's, i would say these are all factors.. i think most people plan on doing this while they are young going balls out and the taking it easy, but sometimes people go a little too much all out and it gets the better of them.

this is just a theory of mine with my eyes half asleep, so it might not make any sense and seem like nothing more than bunch of ramble.. haha :D

Nah... your right kaiser. We do have too many wacks in our sport of interest. I just came on tonight for some entertainment and check the thread and I got depressed.:p I'm tired. What we do isn't normal and that attracts a certain person generally. Hence, we are a sport of issues. There are no answers. Oh heck, I'm all cynical now!:D Your a good man Kaiser with a lovely wife. Thanks for your thoughts man! I had to throw in the lovely wife part.;)

also kaiser.. i would say almost everyone that comes on this board has their whole identity built around their body.. its nothing we can control, but its just how the path was paved after you started working out.. i konw everyone on here probably gets compliments,etc.. could you actually imagine NO ONE noticing you when you go to the mall, gorcery store, watever!!!!!! i dont "THINK" i like it, but honestly deep inside your brain plays little tricks on yeah and those comments probably fuel us to keep the look we have more than we think. for some reason people ask why i want to be big.. i really dont have a good answer besides, because i want to.. haha ..... i would think their HAS to be a reaon.. maybe not, who konws...

im on a kick tongith with posting.. haha.. also, i would love for someone to disagree and lets hear their opinions.. i always like a good discussion..

later,

You have a good point but I think everyone has problems just like our "BREED". It seems like it is just easier to seek help or get the problems out in the open without embarrassment with others who we kinda trust here as a second family. Where as out there in the real world we might just hold the problems in because of fear or riddicule. Just a thought but good post makes you think. MM

I too have thought about this myself....

What is this force that has driven me this far in an extreme sport??? Im no newbie either. I was 3rd in the nation in powerlifting at age 16Im now 29. It just escelated from there. Then when in college I would workout and use supps because it was a secret obsession that I only knew about. I began to grow very large. Now Im a little guy 5'5''. At that time I was 205 with abs. I looked like hmmmm I kid you not like I was a national level competitor. My love for bb came at a young age. You see my real father passed away at age 7. I loved him more than I could ever show anyone. Me and my dad would always watch arnold action movies when I was little so arnie was the man to us. So when my dad passed due to a car accident I thought "I want to make my dad proud Im going to look like those tough muscle guys". Also haveing no real male role model it made me feel like I fit in with the other guys my age. You know tuff and what not. I was raised by my mother which was tough. Money was tight. She worked her ass off for me and my brothers and sister. All in all I felt betrayed after reading the magazines/routines/diets in the magazines finding it was all BS. I bought one issue of Musclemag int once and it had a whol 20 page deal on anabolics who uses them types of them etc...and it broke my heart to think my idols used drugs. Then college time, time to experiment there you have it anothter dumb kid trying to find himself. I have found myself. Im a man who can make his own decisions. A man who has a wife and a son. I just have to always remind myself that because I too love the extra ooomph in training and can take it too far sometimes. Thank god for a board like this. Thank Jesus for dying for all my sins. THank you all on here for keeping my head straight at times.

I think for the most part, people in bbing, whether competitive or recreational, are very self conscious. I read so many posts about guys being insanely jealous and insecure in their relationships with women, or talking about how people stare at them and comment on their size, etc. I think alot of these kind of issues that come up stem from their own insecurity and they pass it off on the people around them. A bber is a special breed, they are complex and there are a multitude of reasons why they do what they do, but I think alot of it stems from the fact that they want to stick out, they want to be seen (insecurity). Some people use money to be seen, some people use muscle.

I think what gets them in trouble is that sense of invincibility they get from their physique. At some point, a bber becomes a real life comic book hero (in appearance), and I think some begin to live their lives that way. When you start to live in a world that isn't real, you start to do some unreal things.

jawbreakerkid said:
I think for the most part, people in bbing, whether competitive or recreational, are very self conscious. I read so many posts about guys being insanely jealous and insecure in their relationships with women, or talking about how people stare at them and comment on their size, etc. I think alot of these kind of issues that come up stem from their own insecurity and they pass it off on the people around them. A bber is a special breed, they are complex and there are a multitude of reasons why they do what they do, but I think alot of it stems from the fact that they want to stick out, they want to be seen (insecurity). Some people use money to be seen, some people use muscle.

I think what gets them in trouble is that sense of invincibility they get from their physique. At some point, a bber becomes a real life comic book hero (in appearance), and I think some begin to live their lives that way. When you start to live in a world that isn't real, you start to do some unreal things.

Well put. I agree. I know I have my own insecurities that are a derivative. Thank God for my wife. She has taught me alot and has been patient with me beyond what I can explain, otherwise I am a little self destructive.

Got Juice said:
also kaiser.. i would say almost everyone that comes on this board has their whole identity built around their body.. its nothing we can control, but its just how the path was paved after you started working out.. i konw everyone on here probably gets compliments,etc.. could you actually imagine NO ONE noticing you when you go to the mall, gorcery store, watever!!!!!! i dont "THINK" i like it, but honestly deep inside your brain plays little tricks on yeah and those comments probably fuel us to keep the look we have more than we think. for some reason people ask why i want to be big.. i really dont have a good answer besides, because i want to.. haha ..... i would think their HAS to be a reaon.. maybe not, who konws...

im on a kick tongith with posting.. haha.. also, i would love for someone to disagree and lets hear their opinions.. i always like a good discussion..

later,
I actually disagree bro , when i go out to malls i get weird stares people wispering and haters sure theres people that say wow you look good but either way i dislike the attention infact i hate it , its almost like a complex for me i feel like im being looked at and watched like an animal and im not even that big can you imagine what Gunter goes thro wow .

Vander_V said:
I actually disagree bro , when i go out to malls i get weird stares people wispering and haters sure theres people that say wow you look good but either way i dislike the attention infact i hate it , its almost like a complex for me i feel like im being looked at and watched like an animal and im not even that big can you imagine what Gunter goes thro wow .

You are an animal :eek: :D

Last edited:
Kaiser said:
The more and more I look it's kind of strange. Did you ever notice that most people around us, in the normal world, do not have the same problems as we do in this stupid ass BB way of life?
No one has the same problems as BB's, but they definitely do have problems. Doesn't matter what demographic you look at.
Even the model car club has it's problems, most of the members lead sedentary lives, and every 2nd week someone is incapacitated by stroke, heart attack, colon cancer, hip replacement, members have been in legal trouble over money matters, their kids get mixed up with rec drugs, it goes on.

That's why it's good to have a forum/s where at least you get some bro's saying "we hear you mate".

wow

I just got back to town and after catching up I logged on here and saw todays drama and was just getting ready to log off disappointed when I saw this post. And I have to admit, I feel better now. As long as I can sit and read the astute and intuitive posts like in this thread, I will be a permanant member of this board. Kaiser, Jawbreakrkid, excellent observations. Over-the-top good. Wisdom, kindness, etc.

Obviously we are a different breed. We live strange hours, we carry around gallons of distilled water and strange beverages. We get up early because we need to eat and we stay up late to get that last meal in. Everyone has heard of the loneliness of the long distance runner, but nobody ever hears of the loneliness of the long distance BBer. You think I don't get odd looks? I don't even compete. I remember one time at the beach. I had left my shirt on because for some reason the sun was really bothering me that day. Some stuff like tribulus makes me sensitive. Anyway, it got so hot that I had to take off my tshirt and I heard a group of guys 10 yards away say "Hey, check out the show this guy's putting on." And all I did was stand up and take off my tshirt. Now here is the thing that still bothers me about that day. My GIRLFRIEND looked over at them and said "You boys jealous?" I didn't say shit. It actually made me feel bad because I work hard and diet... all that. For what? I asked my love if she minded dating a freak that day. What does that say about me? But I can come here and feel free because most of you are a lot like me!

I just sat down on the towel and told her to let it go. I can't have any "Local Psychologist Imprisoned on Charges of..." whatever... that would be it for me. End of story. No more carreer. So believe me, when I say I empathize, I mean it.

Ya bunch of damn sissies. If you don't like being stared at and you feel misunderstood, if you don't like for people to be insecure and jealous around you and then start making stupid comments, if you just want to blend in and be like everybody else here's what you do....DON'T WORK OUT AND STOP EATING SO DAMN MUCH!!!:D

BigBoyJ said:
Ya bunch of damn sissies. If you don't like being stared at and you feel misunderstood, if you don't like for people to be insecure and jealous around you and then start making stupid comments, if you just want to blend in and be like everybody else here's what you do....DON'T WORK OUT AND STOP EATING SO DAMN MUCH!!!:D

I can't be certain, but as an observation, I believe I just got bitch-slapped! I think I liked it!

Kiss my ass bitch!

Hi, I'm BigBoyJ....

Handing out internet bitch slaps since 1997.:p

like mike katz said....I wanna be like a caged animal....

ps...I really do!:eek:

OuchThatHurts said:
I can't be certain, but as an observation, I believe I just got bitch-slapped! I think I liked it!

Kiss my ass bitch!

Watch out!! since BBJ got all his money stolen he is in training....training to be a better psyhco! :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131