mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just a time stamp thread, I'm going to prep a winning Mr.O athlete.

I would find it more interesting if Dave told us a little about his gameplan for the years to come

I get an email a week with a link that says something like "you have GOT to see this". This was the link for this week. :)

I am with Phil: I would prefer to hear Shelby's game plan as to how he plans to get that last bit of body fat off that he has on the webbing of his right hand.

Skip

I don't see how this is far fetched... All i hear time and time over is genetics.. If we can determine he has elite genetics.. Then he definitely has a shot at obtaining an Olympia title.. All Dave has to do.. In a nutshell is properly motivate Sergio.. When Sergio becomes an IFBB Pro.. From there i have no idea about the politics of Professional Bodybuilding..

I don't see how this is far fetched... All i hear time and time over is genetics.. If we can determine he has elite genetics.. Then he definitely has a shot at obtaining an Olympia title.. All Dave has to do.. In a nutshell is properly motivate Sergio.. When Sergio becomes an IFBB Pro.. From there i have no idea about the politics of Professional Bodybuilding..

Oh boy

Just because his dad was a MR. O, doesn't mean he has elite genetics or that he's destined to be a pro. Phil Heath has elite genetics. If all Jr needs is motivation, I'm sure he has a couple of friends that could do that. If he's really considered a "top guy" on the National level, which he isn't, then he'd be wise to hire someone with a track record of prepping people successfully...if the nutrition part is the only thing holding him back, but it's not.

i think there is a higher probability he will quit bodybuilding before he ever steps on the Olympia stage.
dude isnt even a pro... life can bring alot of distractions and people change. i would enjoy his success one show at a time and not get too far ahead of myself if i was training him.
wonder what dave thinks of this thread now... -STEELE

wonder what dave thinks of this thread now... -STEELE

Dave seems to dissappear from any thread he gets called out on.

I asked him to show before and after pics of his clients many months ago (on a thread he had promoting his "protocols") and he never came thru.

I understand why a proven guy would be of interest. But why does everyone think Dave wouldn't be capable of prepping someone? Everyone has to catch a break some where. Dave does know how to atleast get himself really lean.

Not defending anyone but Dave does seem to have turned himself to a more positive way of thinking. Its possible that he just doesn't want to deal with the negative part of this.

Just playing Devils Advocate here

I think I need to read through this thread again. Im feeling like maybe people should be more supportive... I dont know, Im less drama I guess. But, Many times when you get guys around they talk a little shit. Maybe he was just excited.

But, maybe he could be better supported. I mean, is there some odd blood around or something?

Just put the clomid down Lol...

Shelby was freakin' shredded to the bone, I really like seeing him get the attention to b/c I see some stuff he puts out about clients on the net, and he really cares about what he is doing, he likes to help people it seems more than many.

I dont think that was the generic response Dave was thinking about........anyway, the kid has potential but so deos 5000 others and they all claim that they are future MR. O.........we shall see

wait a second.. Where are names coming into play? or AAS? or even my type of assistance, or what that kid Itends to do, that is just an assumption.

This was meant to be a positive thing, people always can seem to find negative in any thing. I see this thread has grown way bigger then I intended, the only purpose was to throw a date on it so I can use the search function "IF" ok we'll call it an IF this dream comes true.

Now I have been a member here since 2002, joining 1 month after the forum launched, 7 years, I'm not about to say some thing so great if I didn't have a beleif that it was true. I've said big things and set big goals before on this forum and so far I'm very proud of the level I've reached, I never dream to be able to do this for a living from home.

Last I will add due to PM's from supportive members telling me "too ignore the negative haters, or the fact its turning sour, ect..." I will choose not to read any further into this thread rather then Phils post, until I do a search for it one when its time to come back to see. No matter what do are who you are, theres always going to be some one right there to tell you "no you cannot or no you won't" as long is its a "big" thing, well I expect this like every other person who achieved any thing great in the past, Its just part of life especially when you have 2,000 opinions so far on this particular subject.

I have no negative emotions towards the ones who directed them at me, I understand its human nature to set limitation on your selfs and others but that is just not how I live or ever have, great week end to you all.

So your prepping my friend?

For what show next may i ask?

Im very confused here.

Didnt Sergio Oliva JR only get 5th in his class at the Junior Nationals? You dont even get a pro card if you win your class and the overall at the Junior Nationals and he placed 5th in his class.....so he would have to take a hell of a jump up a whole other level and win the USA or Nationals in 2010 to get his pro card and then have to place top 3 in a major pro show in early 2011 to compete in the Olympia in 2011 which is a very far cry if your 5th in your class at the Jr Nationals in 2009.

Secondly I quoted csuperman above because if i remember right csuperman trains with Sergio Oliva Jr and he doesnt seem to have knowledge of this joining of forces from what I am gathering from his post above....

What is going on here?

Last edited:
What i just don't understand is Dave calling a yet to be and not even a current IFBB pro a "winning MR O athlete" ...... :rolleyes:

Im very confused here.
Secondly I quoted csuperman above because if i remember right csuperman trains with Sergio Oliva Jr and he doesnt seem to have knowledge of this joining of forces from what I am gathering from his post above....
QUOTE]

DC,

you are correct, however as of lately we havent been training together since after the show he likes to take it easy for a while, but i still keep in contact weekly.

hey dave....its been awhile anyway......you been over to golds madison heights lately????on stephenson????

do your thing kiddo:)

Dave, i genuinely like you and what you bring to the board. I think its in the manner that you brought this about. If you would have said, "hey im excited that i im going to get a chance to work with a guy who i think will one day do great in the sport" i think everyone would have been supportive.

Your posts lately seem to be more of in a 'promotional' way than anything else. I never once mentioned i trained someone who placed 2nd last year at the nationals......get what im saying.

Sincerely, best of luck to you and Sergio.

Not bragging just putting it out there in the form of text so I have it to look back on.

Again this is not an attempt to brag, nothing is done yet, I just want to some how time stamp my intention and my expectation

hey fellow,
if this is a timestamp in order to keep track of your accomplishments and not meant for anything else, then why not just write it in your log book like anyone else?
im by far not the smartest person here when it comes to bodybuilding but i do know that by posting this the way you did you are setting your self up to be put in alot of other cross hairs.
especially of this guy does not even have pro status.

As a trainer myself, I think that Dave was merely trying to convey excitement and a positive outlook for the future of his client. I train football players exclusively, and I believe in them 100%.

I would say it is similar to how a parent believes in the ability of their children. I think maybe Dave was just having a proud papa moment at the prospect of assisting someone with such a genetic pedigree.

hey dave the post of mine above that got deleted wasnt toward you, it was toward the haters...

i wish it wouldnt have been deleted. sorry Rajjin

Dave....First of all good luck to you.

2nd. If this kid has his dad's genetics, which are some the greatest ever seen in the sport, he should gain about 30 pounds this year no matter what training/diet he uses based on what he looked like at the juniors. His dad's genetics were out of this world.

Attachments

• oliva3.jpg
    oliva3.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members