advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just picked up some Andro Gel. How many packets?

Air Supply

Registered
Total test was 280, so my Family Doctor prescribed me 3 boxes (30 packs in each) of Andro Gel. I beleive they are 50mg packets. I beleive the recommended dose is one packet per day but I see people talking about taking 3 throughout the day. What do you guys recommend?

Oh, insurance covered it all. No copay at all :D

If you have extra supplies you can apply 3 a day, but the script is for one packet a day so 1 box will last one month. That will put you into the normal zone.

How to apply Androgel
Squeeze all of the gel from the foil packet, the tube, or the number of pumps if using the pump bottle, into a cupped palm. Gently press your two palms together. When you separate your hands, you will have very nearly half of the gel on each palm. Do not rub your hands together. Try to keep the gel on the palms, instead of getting between the fingers. Then simply cross your arms, wiping the gel over your shoulders and upper arms. Thus apply most of it across your upper arms and shoulders. Absolutely avoid the area where they draw the blood from. Finish off by wiping what is left down your FLANKS (sides of your abdomen—not the middle). Then thoroughly wash your hands. Once you have washed them, there is no worry whatsoever about accidental transferal to others, as there is none left on the surface to transfer. Studies have shown this, and also that merely putting on a T-shirt to cover the exposed areas will do the same for the rest of you. If you had to, you could shower in an hour or so, without appreciable loss of testosterone delivery, as the gel soaks into the skin, and the skin acts as the actual reservoir for dispensation of the drug. You wouldn’t want to do this all the time, but swimming or showering in a pinch can be done. It's still a good idea to take a quick shower before engaging in intimacy.

For maximum effect, apply the gel within 3 minutes of showering.

You want a delay of at least two hours after application before drawing labs.

I believe those packs contain 5mg not 50mg. @ 50mg aday that would be 350mg a week which is more than any Dr. would prescribe for 99% of men.
Hopefully someone will confirm exact dosage.

They are 50mg of testosterone per 5g tube. Your suppose to use 1 a day. You do not absorb all 50mg. There is only around a 10% absorption rate. So your getting about 70mg a week. You still feel better on these at that rate than a 200mg inj a week because your levels stay more steady and don't begin to drop off after a few days.

Last edited:
i was on 2 a day and i was around the 600-700 range. That stuff sucks, it would break out my shoulders and a pain in the ass rubbing it on everyday and worrying about if you sweat it off or not.

I work out first thing in the morning before work. Would it be okay to apply before I go to bed?

I work out first thing in the morning before work. Would it be okay to apply before I go to bed?

I have done that plenty of times, no problems. I think the morning application is just to mimic own own body's clock. Just don't get any gel on your girl in bed.

I have done that plenty of times, no problems. I think the morning application is just to mimic own own body's clock. Just don't get any gel on your girl in bed.

That won't be a problem. I normally sleep on the couch and the wife never puts out anyhow. :D

That won't be a problem. I normally sleep on the couch and the wife never puts out anyhow. :D

Maybe she could use a little Androgel herself ;)

That won't be a problem. I normally sleep on the couch and the wife never puts out anyhow. :D[

Now that was funny! Also, although Brick gives great advice, their was a particular episode of House where the Dad put his 8 year old daughter into puberty by not washing his hands properly. And Dr. House seems to be a pretty smart dude (albeit a druggie), so it must be true. Who are you gonna believe a guy backed up by scientifice studies (Brick) or a guy who gets he medical knowledge from tv dramas (Pekkerwood)?

PWood

I opted for the pump instead.

By accident my doc wrote the script for 1 box per month. I get 2 pumps per box. That's really 3 months of gel.

I am only supposed to dose 2 squirts per day but I have been putting on 6 squirts per day for an extra umphhh.

They say not to directly apply to testicles, but it seems to get a better absorbtion rate there. I dose 4 squirts on a plate, let the alchohol burn off and apply most of it to my testicles. You get a nice warm feeling and a huge boner and you can feel it getting absorbed. I do not apply all to my testicles, the leftover 3 squirts go on the abdomen

I run HRT for 8 months out of the year, 1 cycle for 12 weeks, and go off cold turkey on everything for a month with PCT after a real cycle. I will also run Andro alongside my cycles.

I get no side effects other than dry skin, sweating, and hair growth where it's applied.
Last cycle I ran Andro, Test Prop, and Anavar.

I can tell you right now that I barely lose any muscle on my cycles that I've gained since I am consistantly on Andro.

no, 50mg is correct. only about 10% of the test is actually effectively absorbed though so the effective dosing is closer to 5 mg/5g of andro gel. This is according to the insert that comes in the andro gel box.

about applying to your nads, yes you will feel it more if you apply it there but thats because theres no fat there for the test to create a reservoir. You're effectively getting all the test in your blood stream all at once instead of the prolonged excretion into your blood applying the gel to an area with thicker skin and fat will give. so you'll feel better off the bat but later in the day you'll feel worse. its better to avoid the spike and apply to the upper arms and shoulders imo.

pwood, can't discount what you see on House. all of those episodes have been verified as being medically possible although highly improbable. scary if you think about it

DMSO can significantly increase absorbtion beyond 10%. THat way you can make it last longer or get a little extra if you need to. IF you choose to apply dmso, wait 10 minutes before applying the gel. I am not sure if the dmso will cause problems with other compounds in the androgel or the alcohol transermal used. Since DMSO is a transdermal transporter through skin it can carry impurities into the bloodstream also..

about applying to your nads, yes you will feel it more if you apply it there but thats because theres no fat there for the test to create a reservoir. You're effectively getting all the test in your blood stream all at once instead of the prolonged excretion into your blood applying the gel to an area with thicker skin and fat will give. so you'll feel better off the bat but later in the day you'll feel worse. its better to avoid the spike and apply to the upper arms and shoulders imo.

I apply some to my nads and some to my abdomen. Never had a problem with blood levels not being stabalized. I can tell you that I have been growing from it. Not rediculous amounts, but more than I would naturally. I was sitting at a 180 test level 2 years ago.

abdomen is a good spot as well because it has thicker skin with a fat layer so the release is steady throughout the day

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear