over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just turned 40 WTF??

shoestring

Registered
Turned 40 two months ago:eek: . Some days I feel 20 but then others I feel more like 70... Sometimes I just feel achy all over for days, sometimes more.. Seems like every once in a while this happens. I am not overtraining or anything either. God forbid if I go too heavy or change it up to much too fast & I am hurting. Thank God for motrin. Some anxiety/ mild depression not helping the situation at the moment. Is 50 any better?? lol...

Welcome to the club.. You're not alone. I was just sick with a cold for a little over a week and yesterday I pinched a nerve in my back. I feel like I'm 80! Where's my walker damn it!

Most of the time I feel just as good if not better than when I was 20 but not lately.:(

Ahhh 40 - I remember it...well, sort of. At 50 yuor memory starts to go, too, LOL!

Yeah, it's a little easier to overtrain, but that depends on so many things. So relax, yuo're still going to be able to hit it hard and look good for a LONG time!

I turn 45 in April. Just Arther Ritus poking around. In better shape now than 10 years ago.

53 and better than ever

My training is better than ever at 53 but I've found a system that works for me with plenty of recovery time. Instead of training my bodyparts twice over 7 days I train them twice over 9 days. That little bit of extra recovery goes a long way. I use fish oil daily and it seems to help significantly with inflammation. Keep workouts to 50 minutes max and get good quality sleep.

Turned 40 two months ago:eek: . Some days I feel 20 but then others I feel more like 70... Sometimes I just feel achy all over for days, sometimes more.. Seems like every once in a while this happens. I am not overtraining or anything either. God forbid if I go too heavy or change it up to much too fast & I am hurting. Thank God for motrin. Some anxiety/ mild depression not helping the situation at the moment. Is 50 any better?? lol...

HELL NO WORSE !
Things to look forward to at fifty

!. creeking joints
2. pulled muscles
3. gray hair if not lost by then
4. back pain, pinch nerves
5. slower getting up in the morning
6. having sex is more of a chore. that is if you've been with the same
woman for over 7 years.
7. Wild hairs growing out threw the nose and ears
8. Last but not least, catching your self watching Andy Grifith
and Gun Smoke re runs.

Just watch your P's and Q's meaning you are no longer in your 20's. Listen to your body and only lift what you know you can, don't let the young ones get to ya. I'm in the late 40's and I'm lifting just as much as I did when I was in my 20's. I only work 1 body part a week (5 on/2 off) and rest the other 2 days and yes thank god for Motrin and Tylenol PM.

My training is better than ever at 53 but I've found a system that works for me with plenty of recovery time. Instead of training my bodyparts twice over 7 days I train them twice over 9 days. That little bit of extra recovery goes a long way. I use fish oil daily and it seems to help significantly with inflammation. Keep workouts to 50 minutes max and get good quality sleep.

Interesting you mention the fish oil, Tom - just started using this myself this week after reading some interesting research on curbing inflammation with diet, fish oil, and GLA.

Tom, I'm taking in about 1,000 mgs of Omega 3 fish oil, how much do you recommend?

Fish oil

I like 2000mgs per day half in the morning and half in the evening. At this time of the year I switch to cod liver oil for the vitamin D content. I live in the N. East so lack of sun during the fall/winter months is a concern. Vitamin D from the sun is the best and I'm told cod liver oil is as good of a substitute as you can get without sunlight. The anti-inflammatory effect is from the omega 3 fatty acids so if you don't tolerate fish oil, my understanding is you can get high quality omega 3 fatty acids from walnuts/walnut oil. Some companies make a lemon flavored cod liver oil which is very easy on the taste buds.

HELL NO WORSE !
Things to look forward to at fifty

!. creeking joints
2. pulled muscles
3. gray hair if not lost by then
4. back pain, pinch nerves
5. slower getting up in the morning
6. having sex is more of a chore. that is if you've been with the same
woman for over 7 years.
7. Wild hairs growing out threw the nose and ears
8. Last but not least, catching your self watching Andy Grifith
and Gun Smoke re runs.

You forgot one: Should easily qualify for Hormone Replacement Therapy...and have insurance pay for most of it (Test/GH)

Dr. Mercola

Interesting you mention the fish oil, Tom - just started using this myself this week after reading some interesting research on curbing inflammation with diet, fish oil, and GLA.

I get a ton of great health info from Dr, Mercola's daily email. If you go to Mercola.com you can sign up for his free daily updates.

Thank you all so much. I really needed to hear all of that so I know I am not the only one feeling it. I have just been stuck in a funk lately, I need to get out of it & feel alive again. Getting older sucks, but the alternative isn't so great either. I guess we just have to be the best we can at whatever age we are at..

I have been taking 3 grams of fish oil & 2 grams of flax oil daily for several yrs. Is there any truth to flax being estrogenic? I know fish oil (omega3) has anti inflamatory properties but I have never noticed a difference. I have also been taking pro-biotics for the past few yrs. All of this stuff helps but we have to remember it is the macros that make us.

Thank you all so much. I really needed to hear all of that so I know I am not the only one feeling it. I have just been stuck in a funk lately, I need to get out of it & feel alive again. Getting older sucks, but the alternative isn't so great either. I guess we just have to be the best we can at whatever age we are at..

Don't let it get you down. I am sure you look a hell of a lot better than 99.9% of the rest of 40 year old men out there. We put a lot of demands/stress on our body with our training over the years. Add that to the normal aging process and yes the aches and pains do come. Tom's idea of adding the fish oil is a great one and one I use myself. I am in my mid-fifties and I will say it again, take care of your joints! Fish oil is a great supplement in that regard! + the added heart and cholesterol benefits. When people at the gym ask my age and I tell them, their jaws hits the floor. I love that. Shoestring, keep training and looking good.

Don't let it get you down. I am sure you look a hell of a lot better than 99.9% of the rest of 40 year old men out there. We put a lot of demands/stress on our body with our training over the years. Add that to the normal aging process and yes the aches and pains do come. Tom's idea of adding the fish oil is a great one and one I use myself. I am in my mid-fifties and I will say it again, take care of your joints! Fish oil is a great supplement in that regard! + the added heart and cholesterol benefits. When people at the gym ask my age and I tell them, their jaws hits the floor. I love that. Shoestring, keep training and looking good.

Thank you..

I just posted a similar topic. Turned 40 also . And noticed the same. Its like damn im really not as invincible and youthful as i once thought! What gear and supps do you take. Our bodies are fn changing and we need to be more knowledgeable as to what to do, take and not take anymore

I just posted a similar topic. Turned 40 also . And noticed the same. Its like damn im really not as invincible and youthful as i once thought! What gear and supps do you take. Our bodies are fn changing and we need to be more knowledgeable as to what to do, take and not take anymore

Bro…the guy is 54 now

Only difference I noticed when I turned 40 was the joint pain after workouts! No changes in sex drive, mood or energy just joints that felt like they were rubbing up against concrete. GH helped with that in an unbelievable way to the point that I’ll never come off it

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131