over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kidney health

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
We all know high BP and glucose can cause issues. Some AAS apparently can, and hydration is key. Usually high creatinine and protein and urine are signs something may be off. But are there any other tests we can get done to make sure kidneys are fine?

Should we assume that if our creatinine is in range and we have no protein in our urine they are doing well, or could we still be having kidney problems?

We all know high BP and glucose can cause issues. Some AAS apparently can, and hydration is key. Usually high creatinine and protein and urine are signs something may be off. But are there any other tests we can get done to make sure kidneys are fine?

Should we assume that if our creatinine is in range and we have no protein in our urine they are doing well, or could we still be having kidney problems?
My doc did 24 hour urinalysis and check everything but at the end of the day everything was fine he told me 24 hour renal clearance number was very very high and shows no impairment on kidney

He also said the 24 hours is more accurate

But my actual estimated GFR was only like 63 and he said ignore my creatin number because different bodies do different things as long as the Renoclearance is really high and no issues blood - solud

Obviously you need the other test as well protein in urine etc - get a complete picture

My doc did 24 hour urinalysis and check everything but at the end of the day everything was fine he told me 24 hour renal clearance number was very very high and shows no impairment on kidney

He also said the 24 hours is more accurate

But my actual estimated GFR was only like 63 and he said ignore my creatin number because different bodies do different things as long as the Renoclearance is really high and no issues blood - solud

Obviously you need the other test as well protein in urine etc - get a complete picture

Similar to my experience. My creatinine always runs high and egfr goes low. Yours is a real test vs potential indicator and infinitely more accurate.

Interestingly as I understand it egfr has a separate and biased lower scale for African Americans. From what I was told the reason is higher average muscle mass. Well...look at this board.

Remember, working out within a day or two, sometimes more, can skew the results! If you REALLY want to know, take a week off and test.

Protein in urine, blood in urine, low creatinine clearance, electrolyte imbalance …. All signs to look for.

I have a rare kidney disease called c3g where my autoimmune system attacks my kidneys until they ‘die’ … to track my kidneys and stop relapses I utilize daily test strips to monitor my protein spillage and I do 24 hour protein/creatinine tests bi-monthly as well as renal function panel and CBC.

Definitely keep BP under control and try to manage blood sugars as best you can - limit ibuprofen, tren, etc.

Remember, working out within a day or two, sometimes more, can skew the results! If you REALLY want to know, take a week off and test.
100%. Dr told me I was in 1st of kidney failure when EGFR came back low, I took 5 days off training and made sure to be hydrated before next test, Dr said “oh sorry, you’re not in kidney failure!” As EGFR came back well over lower limit 🙄

100%. Dr told me I was in 1st of kidney failure when EGFR came back low, I took 5 days off training and made sure to be hydrated before next test, Dr said “oh sorry, you’re not in kidney failure!” As EGFR came back well over lower limit 🙄
Haha lol, sorry bro 😂

That's not very professional from your doctor.

👍

This makes a huge difference. Personally experience here.

And good hydration has a positive effective effect here as it does in many other blood tests also.

Thanks for posting this.

i pretty much had this happen also, egfr in the 60s and crt at 1.46 and then retested in the 100s and crt under 1

Recently I told a Dr that people with elevated muscle mass typically have a bit higher creatinine. She insisted just the opposite was true. A bit irritating that I didn't manage to correct her. She was an anesthesiologist and had me do BW before surgery and creatinine was a bit high.

Recently I told a Dr that people with elevated muscle mass typically have a bit higher creatinine. She insisted just the opposite was true. A bit irritating that I didn't manage to correct her. She was an anesthesiologist and had me do BW before surgery and creatinine was a bit high.
I’m not surprised. Majority of doctors I’ve spoken with over the last few years are so wildly clueless and stupid on many topics they shouldn’t be. It’s what spurred me figuring out my health issues myself - I had zero faith in the doctors or outdated science/treatment plans they utilize. Figured if you want anything done right gotta do it yourself lol and that brought me from doctors telling me I’d be on dialysis two years ago and could never workout again /super grim prognosis…. Flash forward to now and my gfr is 120 and I workout 2x a day and compete still … with a high quality of life. No thanks to them. Incorporated lifestyle, diet, natural supplements, limited western Meds, and peptides. They just wanted to throw high doses of prednisone and chemo drugs at me for years on end. Fuck that.

Something overlooked and not mentioned, but known by many here, is to not stay in a dehydrated state year-round. Dehydration, along with any other issues/ailments, will do a number on the kidneys. I know many know this, but for the sake of the thread, I wanted to mention it. It will also effect many values on blood tests. With summer coming up, stay hydrated.

I’m not surprised. Majority of doctors I’ve spoken with over the last few years are so wildly clueless and stupid on many topics they shouldn’t be. It’s what spurred me figuring out my health issues myself - I had zero faith in the doctors or outdated science/treatment plans they utilize. Figured if you want anything done right gotta do it yourself lol and that brought me from doctors telling me I’d be on dialysis two years ago and could never workout again /super grim prognosis…. Flash forward to now and my gfr is 120 and I workout 2x a day and compete still … with a high quality of life. No thanks to them. Incorporated lifestyle, diet, natural supplements, limited western Meds, and peptides. They just wanted to throw high doses of prednisone and chemo drugs at me for years on end. Fuck that.
We need to know what you did for insights

I absolutely agree with everything , no one can take care of yourself better than yourself

One thing I wonder...we all know our creatinine will be higher and we should be well hydrated before having it tested

If we over hydrate before a visit, would our creatinine possibly look lower than it should? Giving us a test that says our kidneys are fine when we really just diluted our sample somewhat?

One thing I wonder...we all know our creatinine will be higher and we should be well hydrated before having it tested

If we over hydrate before a visit, would our creatinine possibly look lower than it should? Giving us a test that says our kidneys are fine when we really just diluted our sample somewhat?

For creatinine you will not be able to alter the results that much with hydration. Being dehydrated has a stronger impact, to the negative but over hydrating won't have a large impact. It's also why cystatin c is a better choice as muscle mass and hydration won't have any significant impact.

I'd also add a creatinine / microalbumin spot urine test. Much more sensitive than a standard dipstick urine test this will test for tiny amounts of protein and uses a ratio so over hydrating won't be as likely to alter results either.

When you put the entire picture together of all the standard bloods plus the below it should really give a great picture of how your kidney's are functioning. Uric acid is not a primary test for kidney and neither are a couple others down there but if you can get all the below in the normal range you are probably in pretty good shape, even with slightly elevated creatinine.

- standard urine test
- creatinine / microalbumin urine test
- cystatin c
- uric acid
- creatinine
- a1c
- c reactive protein

Something overlooked and not mentioned, but known by many here, is to not stay in a dehydrated state year-round. Dehydration, along with any other issues/ailments, will do a number on the kidneys. I know many know this, but for the sake of the thread, I wanted to mention it. It will also effect many values on blood tests. With summer coming up, stay hydrated.
have to find back that study again, but they'd found acute dehydration in biking races in cyclists (so a few hours in a somewhat dehydrated state) would actually ameliorates kidney function in those people,

one explanation might be the acute stress from dehydration might exert HORMETIC effects on the body's adaptative response to the acute stress when it comes to counteracting it with ramping up endogenous antioxidant production and defenses,

it's mainly when the body system is overloaded with too high stresses that harm might be done

I have been taking 200mg DHEA orally for about six weeks now for bumping up some hormonal pathways (test, e2,...), the DHEA acting as a test and estrogen base somewhat (am using it since test results came back low repeatedly since PCT for last AAS cycle didn't bring up test values back to baseline again).

am thinking of hopping on Test again, I simply wanted to do a "natty" SARM cycle between hopping off on TEST again (maybe permanently now, depending on next round of hormonal blood panels later this year),

had in mind DHEA was relatively safe, however coming across a few studies I've been wary of using it too high now, don't know how much relevant this really is (had instances of kidney issues in the paast, now resolved I think):

The effect of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) on renal function and metabolism in diabetic rats

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131