over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lee Priest etc offseason eating

D-MAN

Newbies
lads
hi,just trying to map out my offseason eating,was thinking of including a few junk meals in every day?your opinions,the like of lee priest,dave palumbo,gary howell combine this in their offseason.i dont want to here the negatives on they have better genetics etc,just want you personal usage of this method
:confused:

obviously we need more info to help. starting with stats, training experience, current diet, etc........

D-MAN said:
lads
hi,just trying to map out my offseason eating,was thinking of including a few junk meals in every day?your opinions,the like of lee priest,dave palumbo,gary howell combine this in their offseason.i dont want to here the negatives on they have better genetics etc,just want you personal usage of this method

I think I know what you are talking about. As long as your protein is right, just eat everything else(correct??). But it does not work, for me anyway. I have tried it and have ended up FAT with a wide waist, witch I am now having to fix. I now have 3-4 cheat meals EW when bulking and try to have them early in the day.

Big Bapper said:
I think I know what you are talking about. As long as your protein is right, just eat everything else(correct??). But it does not work, for me anyway. I have tried it and have ended up FAT with a wide waist, witch I am now having to fix. I now have 3-4 cheat meals EW when bulking and try to have them early in the day.
there are severals ways to incorporate this into yor offseason successfully, but i would still need more info to help.

if you can manage to keep fat lower than 13% even in off season thn I'd go for it

personally I hate going higher than that

Not a good idea in my opinion. I try to eat a normal balanced diet during the week and then on Sunday Ill eat whatever I want. That really seems to be working. Eating junk everyday will only lead to an increase in bodyfat. I don't care what anyone says, calories are not just calories. Eat shit and youll look like shit...plain and simple.

I did it once too, I gained like a madman and looked huuugeee !
Then when I had to start dieting, I had to diet half a year and ended up not even slightly heavier then I was before the bingefest LOL

I think some junk meals are fine and some are not. Stuff that can be anabolic includes pizza,carne asada burrito's,etc... Stuff that doesnt belong are cookies,ice cream,candy,etc....

I've done a bulking 6 months with a similar diet. My appetite had dropped, needed to get calorie heavy meals in and I put on very solid gains without a great deal of fat.

For mine, the picks were KFC crispy strips, fish n chips (without the chips), double Whopper Burger King etc. If you're going to go junk, pick foods that are based somewhat around protein.

For some hardgainers I've practically forced burgers etc down their throat when they've told me they can't gain any more and can't eat any more - it works for some. IronMike

I think it all depends on were you are starting? Do you find it hard to put on weight and are you at a low BF %? Its all individual and were your starting point is. If you are an ecto and find it tough to get a surplus of cals and your bodyfat is low then there should be no harm as long as your overall diet is healthy and you are in good health. Just keep an eye on your fat% and the ratio of fat gain to muscle gain.

RC

Clean Bulking for me means not getting too much food on my clothes while I'm stuffing my face.... Seriously, I bulk on jellybeans, cookies, table sugar, and try to get to Mcdonalds twice a week, usually for a double quarter pounder meal, a 10 piece McNugget, and sometimes I'll get a happymeal for dessert.

Eating clean I can't manage to get in enough calories to get over 210 lbs, but by shoveling in the simple carbs and forcing them in with insulin I have made it to 225 at a true 10%bf (still have the six-pack). No, I'm not show shape right now, but I'm BULKING for christ's sake!

Macro nutrients are just tools to make your body do what you want it to and none of them are bad. It is just a matter of ingesting them at the right time and in the right quantities, which seems to vary a bit for each of us.

I was blessed/cursed with a fast metabolism. This makes it easy for me to get cut, but makes it a bitch to gain size. Some of us need all the calories we can get.

D-MAN said:
lads

Many pros is off season eat massive calories for size during off season.

I like when people say you eat shit you will look like shit. You will look like shit if you get fat. The problem is when people eat a diet high in calorie dense foods they tend to over shoot thier cals and end up gaining to much fat. I know many bodybuilders who eat very loosly offseason and look great because they keep thier cals were they need to be.
A buddy of mine eats 3 whopper 5 days a week because he works near a burger king yet is 10-12%BF plus other high cal foods, pop tarts, pizza ect. Why because he stays in his cal range and he looks great yet only needs to eat 4x a day.
You can get just as fat on clean foods if you overeat. Its just tougher to overeat on lean meats,fruit and veggies.

RC

RazorCuts said:
I like when people say you eat shit you will look like shit. You will look like shit if you get fat. The problem is when people eat a diet high in calorie dense foods they tend to over shoot thier cals and end up gaining to much fat. I know many bodybuilders who eat very loosly offseason and look great because they keep thier cals were they need to be.
A buddy of mine eats 3 whopper 5 days a week because he works near a burger king yet is 10-12%BF plus other high cal foods, pop tarts, pizza ect. Why because he stays in his cal range and he looks great yet only needs to eat 4x a day.
You can get just as fat on clean foods if you overeat. Its just tougher to overeat on lean meats,fruit and veggies.

RC

I'm just curious about something.....have you ever competed?

AWN2004 said:
I'm just curious about something.....have you ever competed?

Only at Coney Island. 23 Wieners in 12 min... I mean Hot Dogs.

What does me competeing have to do with this guys bulking diet?
Personality 7 competed in 1984 as a teen.

RC

I agree with Awn

you eat like shit you look like shit.

whether a calorie is a calorie. Who is gonna to say, i need 30 grams of carbs right now. let me eat 1/8 of this Glazed Donut. or 2 bites of a poptart.

protein calories are WAY different than Carb calories. It is rediculous to reduce things down to calories only.

theres also glycemic index variables and the hormonal responses they produce and food alergies of certain foods not to mention the health benefits.

Mike Metnzer was the biggest idiot around.

Here is a little story. In the mid 80's i was working out at the famous Samsons gym. Bodybuilders there were Padilla, Chick, Goode, Devitto and a few other elite bodybuilders. Now i was always reading my MF and used this as the bible for routines and nutrition. I was around 19-20 and ate my clean diet and was doing my 20 sets per bodypart and pushing 160lbs soaking wet. One day me and a freind were sitting in the locker room and a few big ,ripped monsters came in and sat down across from us and low and behold MF lied to us. Out came a dozen whoppers , pizza and a few gallons of whole milk who the hell knows what else since i was stunned.This was before thier workout after were boxes of pop tarts.
Im like you guys eat that stuff? Thier like you have to eat big to get big you want to be that size forever?
We all know saturated fat is the king for muscle growth exp if natural.
To think these guys eat clean diets year round is silly. Now im not promoting the jelly bean and donut diet even though some freaks would grow on it. Im talking about calorie dense foods such as stated above. To each thier own.
Im off to eat a dry chicken breast, some bean sprouts and chase it down with 2tsp of flax..Yummy.

RC

RazorCuts said:
Only at Coney Island. 23 Wieners in 12 min... I mean Hot Dogs.

What does me competeing have to do with this guys bulking diet?
Personality 7 competed in 1984 as a teen.

RC

PM me if you really wanna know why...I dont need to turn this thread into a bash-a-thon....I think you know the answer.

Some ectomorphs are best served by eating calorie dense foods, including fast food. I for one have always eaten big macs, etc off season and have never had a problem getting in shape for a show, but my metabolism is off the chart. When I got up to 280lbs I had to eat over 10,000 cals per day just to sustain my size. A lot of that was crap food but I still got tons of protein everyday first, junk second.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131