advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Life after Bodybuilding. How to shut it all down safely and walk way?

desibaba

Banned
I have been in this game since I was 15 and im 30 now. Over the years I have probably tried most steroids, GH, Insulin etc. I have never competed and being realistic even if I did I dont have the genetics for it. My blood work hasnt been great the last few times I had it done. BP high, Cholesterol high, slightly enlarged heart, sperm count almost non existent etc. I started dating a girl who I really like who is a Physician's assistant. Obviously she isnt happy with my gear use but accepts it.

For some reason I have been thinking about walking away from all this and maybe starting a family. I dont know if ill ever be able to have kids because of all the abuse of gear over the years but its worth a shot. I know psychologically it will be hard losing my size and strenght but I have learnt people who love you do so regardless of if you are 150 lbs or 250 lbs. The problem is I dont know how or where should I start. I am on half a vial of Riptropin a day and I take about 2 grams of gear a week. I can do the regular pct with HCG and Clomid but I dont know how well it will work since I have been blasting and cruising for the last 3 years now. Any advice?

When I decided to stop compeating in pwrlftn I just cut back no problem.
I dont think you should walk away from it all just scale back make it a hobby rather than an obsession. We have to lift and we have to juice its just the way we are!

^I don't agree. we are humans. we can change. life changes us all on its own sometimes. I think that's what is happening w you. you found a great girl. one workth keeping and possibly making a family with. ween off gear. don't go cold turkey but drop it back and over next few weeks bring it down to @200mg a week and then go do blood work and go from there.
you most certainly can drop it and move on like it never happened. MANY people do. and they are typically the ones we are NOT reading about dying.
-JS

i've cycled steroids since the mid 90s. i had to stop using to have children. tried everything but i'm completely infertile on steroids. after i popped out a couple kids i stayed natural for a while. i actually enjoyed training naturally.

right now i'm 35 years old and as a husband and father i cannot justify spending hundreds of dollars on myself for bigger biceps. i would sooner put that towards my kids education or my retirement. initially it was difficult in my prime i was 5'6" 225lbs with some abs and leg separation so i had some size. however i started venturing off trying out new things. i found that i really enjoyed mountain biking and off roading with my jeep xj.

i still compete in powerlifting/weighlifting and i still think i have one more bodybuilding show in me. however to be honest dropping competitive bodybuilding, or at least my obsession with it, was very liberating. it was like a whole new world of activity was open that i hadn't thought of.

i still use steroids. i usually just stay on 400-600mg of testosterone/wk year round. i workout at least three-four days per week. my blood work is fine. about 8-10 weeks prior to my powerlifting meet i usually bump the testosterone and add some trenbolone.

Test HRT level at 100-150mg/wk + HCG for cosmetic purposes, health or when wanting to boost sperm count. Can be taken every week with breaks every 10-12 weeks, or every 8-10 weeks at a larger dose.

Keep estrogen in range

Make sure your thyroid is functioning and healthy

Can use exogenous GH for anti-ageing or not

Monitor BP and lipids

Eat a healthy organic diet + support supplements (humanofort)

Get BW done 1-2x per year.

Last edited:
if you are going to walk away I'd try my best to drop everything including trt dose of test and see where natty levels are. then you can decide on clomid hcg or test injects.

it wont be easy going cold turkey but you may be able to recover to levels you are happy with.

good luck and do what makes you happy

First go see a counselor or psychiatrist , because if you are not a troll , you are all over the fucking place emotionally. You seem unstable, depressed, perhaps bipolar by your postings on here the past 3-6 months.

Second look up a good MD/endocrinologist in your area. Perhaps someone who works with athletes and does TRT, who can get you either working again or on a low dose.

I'm serious about the first part and not trying to be a dick. Coming off after 15 yrs will add even more psychological stress to you.

Come down to hrt levels of 125-200 a week and get tests. You may be a candidate for hcg and or hmg.

Come off completely and use Dr. G's protocol with triptorelin etc.

If you're willing to drive 4-5hrs you can consult with Alpha6164.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Come down to hrt levels of 125-200 a week and get tests. You may be a candidate for hcg and or hmg.

Come off completely and use Dr. G's protocol with triptorelin etc.

If you're willing to drive 4-5hrs you can consult with Alpha6164.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I have read that HMG works a lot better for your sperm than HCG. Althought not too many sponsors here carry HMG.

I have been in this game since I was 15 and im 30 now. Over the years I have probably tried most steroids, GH, Insulin etc. I have never competed and being realistic even if I did I dont have the genetics for it. My blood work hasnt been great the last few times I had it done. BP high, Cholesterol high, slightly enlarged heart, sperm count almost non existent etc. I started dating a girl who I really like who is a Physician's assistant. Obviously she isnt happy with my gear use but accepts it.

For some reason I have been thinking about walking away from all this and maybe starting a family. I dont know if ill ever be able to have kids because of all the abuse of gear over the years but its worth a shot. I know psychologically it will be hard losing my size and strenght but I have learnt people who love you do so regardless of if you are 150 lbs or 250 lbs. The problem is I dont know how or where should I start. I am on half a vial of Riptropin a day and I take about 2 grams of gear a week. I can do the regular pct with HCG and Clomid but I dont know how well it will work since I have been blasting and cruising for the last 3 years now. Any advice?

I would definitely recommend you walking away and start living life. Give your joints, kidney's, heart, liver, and muscles a break. You have been putting them through hell. stop everything and run a proper pct. You probably won't have much test in your system due to the years of use, but you will be healthier, far healthier. You don't need trt as long as you feel ok. I would try everything not to be one trt the rest of your life. if you use ugl's that is a lot of impurities to put your body through for the next 40 years.

If your test levels do not come up then a test cream would be more tolerated by most women then watching you jabbing a needle in yourself multiple times a week. It looks less junkie-ish to them. You should use light weight and cardio. heavy weights break the body down hard and once you get older it's hard to bounce back between work outs, with or without gear.

Last edited:
In a week you will most likely be thinking something differently. Relax

"How to shut it all down safely and walk way?"

Pretty simple:
1) See an endocrinologist or urologist (preferably with a fellowship in andrology) who doesn't bullshit you and knows what they're doing with TRT, not incompetent morons who don't have the slightest clue. That is, a doc who treats symptoms and lab values and offers the patient the preferred method (pellets, shots, or gels) in the amount that makes him feel good AND healthy and knows how to treat infertility.

2) Continue bodybuilding without drugs. Why do you have to "walk away" AT ALL?

3) Realize there's more to life on this earth than going to a gym and all the other things associated with the bodybuilding: message boards (yeah, I know we're on them, but lessening posting can help you balance your mind), shows, talk of the gym and nutrition, etc.; and that, YES, sometimes in adult life there are things that take precedence over the gym.

Again, why do you have to walk away? How about stopping drugs, getting medication, and balancing your life out?

Again, why do you have to walk away? How about stopping drugs, getting medication, and balancing your life out?

All my life I have always had that all or nothing mentality. I would still like to stay fit. I have a friend who is into crossfit and mudruns etc. He is small, lean and very healthy. I wouldnt mind going for a look like that now.

find a good doctor that you feel comfortable with and tell him what you have been doing, what your worried about and what your wanting to do

2 g of gear a week, you don`t compete, don`t have the genetics to and blood work has been bad... your health is going down hill, is that not enough to stop of cut way back. If you drop to 200mg test/week I bet you barely lose any size. If your diet is slightly messy (and you compensate with gh/extra gear?) you will get a little pudgy, so clean it up... if that`s the case, and you`ll be fine.

All my life I have always had that all or nothing mentality. I would still like to stay fit. I have a friend who is into crossfit and mudruns etc. He is small, lean and very healthy. I wouldnt mind going for a look like that now.

You can be all-or-nothing within the constraints of your life and while drug free. I have a friend who is a natural, WNBF pro, works a full time job as a teacher, has a wife, and earns a spare time living doing nutritional counseling. There are many naturals who have an all-out approach, but understand they still have to "live life". If you like Crossfit, go for it. You can continue to bodybuild all you want as well.

If you are seriously concerned about losing all your hard earned muscle mass, you will come down a bit there is no denying it.

But, retraining your bodybuilding musculature into power/functional/Olympic lifting form would make you a pretty kickass Cross Fitter.

I played rugby in university, and our training was basically CrossFit but with a plan (not just a retard WOD randomly assigned).

Lots of powerlifting and olympic lifting movements, fun accessory work with bands and chains, lots of sprints/tire flips/sled drags

I miss that kind of dynamic and exciting training to be honest. It's very satisfying to lift heavy, run fast and be a little more streamlined.

Sebastien-Chabal.jpg

Could be worse things than looking like that guy (highly regarded player from France)

Last edited:
If you are seriously concerned about losing all your hard earned muscle mass, you will come down a bit there is no denying it.

But, retraining your bodybuilding musculature into power/functional/Olympic lifting form would make you a pretty kickass Cross Fitter.

I played rugby in university, and our training was basically CrossFit but with a plan (not just a retard WOD randomly assigned).

Lots of powerlifting and olympic lifting movements, fun accessory work with bands and chains, lots of sprints/tire flips/sled drags

I miss that kind of dynamic and exciting training to be honest. It's very satisfying to lift heavy, run fast and be a little more streamlined.

Sebastien-Chabal.jpg

Could be worse things than looking like that guy (highly regarded player from France)

If I could look like that and stay healthy and not worry about dying within the next 10 years Id do it in a heartbeat. Its funny how my mindset has changed over the last decade and especially after seeing so many guys I liked dropping like flies.

Over 50 here. I am on HRT and just run a small dose of Mast, NPP, Primo or T-Prop on top depending on what I am doing, plus HCG at 250 IUS 2 X a week. Running a cust mix, a 1/4 MIL 3X a week, perfect. I lean out in the summer and do not over do it in the winter. At my age, you can't push your body like you did when you were 30 something, but you can look damn good and be healthy. The best thing about juice at this age for me, is the sexual benefits that come with high T levels. The wife and GF's are all happy!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws