over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lifting shoes

shawnkarbabacz

Registered
What kind of flat soled shoes do you guys wear? I wear my jordans for everything because they are sooo comfortable, but for deadlifts and leg exercises ive found the thick sole makes it tough to push through my heels. Im planning on getting something just for deads and legs but im not to fond of the paying 100 bucks for official lifting sneaks.

Good alternatives you guys have found?

gordo14

Registered
nike shox: legs day
puma cat low: deadlift (they are awsome)
I can barely walk in shox much less train in them.

I would suggest anything with a flat stable sole. The pumas are a good suggestion. I hear alot of guys like the old school chuck taylors.

VTliftVT

Banned
I use these and I love them...well mine aren't exactly this style bc mine are discontinued but you get the idea. It GREATLY helped my squat form as I was no longer being pushed forward by having a taller heel. This really allows you to sit back and drive through your hams, glutes, and hips.

ASICS® Split Second™ VI - Men's - Navy/Silver

6015093_w.jpg

myosin

Kilo Klub Member
Wrestling shoes.

BigDaddy_554

Registered
Chuck Taylor

All Star

Attachments

shredded08

Registered
I was used to wearing shox when i squatted and began to have a lot of knee pain...i got a free pair of otomix shoes to try out and the flat sole definitely helped my knee pain...but basically, chuck taylors/pumas/wrestling shoes do the same thing

Flex2019

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I'm not trying to hijack your thread, but what do you guys think of Otomix lifting shoes? I've considered buying a pair for a while but I haven't really heard much feedback on them.

VTliftVT

Banned
I have a pair of these and they have made my squatting form much better and stronger. Its just like squatting with no shoes on. They look stupid but who the hell cares! I highly recommend.
I want them both for the lifting improvements but also for cardio to help with posture and proper walking form etc. Thanks for the review! They are on my "to-buy-next" list :)

MrRage

Registered
i would feel like a douche in the 5 fingers ones... just sayin

jp2007

Registered
I wear otomix stingrays and vibram fivefinger KSO. Usually wear the KSOs on leg day and back day. They are extremely comfortable once you get used to them.

shawnkarbabacz

Registered
Ive been looking online and at 4 stores today. It seems like wrestling shoes are the way to go as far as price/efficiency. Thanks for all the suggestions. The chuck taylors are surprisingly hard to find at stores to try on :confused:

Those toed shoes look like they would help alot....but im too much of a pussy to wear them to the gym i think. They mike clash with my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tshirts :cool:

nspaletta

Registered
I use wrestling shoes for all lifts...preferably otomix shoes. I even where them out sometimes they are so comfortable :)

BigChef

Kilo Klub/Moderator
Kilo Klub Member
Us Aussie wear thongs in the gym. We are tuff dudes! :D

Attachments

ssdark1

Registered
I want them both for the lifting improvements but also for cardio to help with posture and proper walking form etc. Thanks for the review! They are on my "to-buy-next" list :)

weird....i literally just left the store that sells these. ive been wanting a pair for a while and was hesitant to order without trying them on...im glad i waited. the salesman, who seemed knowledgeable in fitting these gave me three different sizes to choose from that he said "fit", so i ended up not getting any. apparently the fit is very important bc too tight will obviously be uncomfortable and too loose will cause blisters. add to that the shoe will stretch and it makes it a bit confusing because to really get the purported benefits the fit should be "glove like"... so if you could try them on b4 purchasing, i would suggest doing so.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Bodybuider215