over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lower back strengthening w/degenerative discs, etc

Can anyone say If any PEDS have helped with their spine issues? e.g..low dose deca, hgh etc

Planks like your doing is your best option, stay away from hyperextending and all this bending over bro it only will get worse been through same problems and made those mistakes
Yeah I'm not doing ANY bent over, unsupported exercises. Only bodyweight squats. It's terrible for my ego, but whatever.

I'm trying a physical therapist tomorrow to see if I can get on a decent plan that's not going to make my back worse.

I can feel the difference in pain between the spinal joints and lumbar muscle tightness. I love barbecuing and cooking, and a few hours on my feet leads to ridiculous tightness in my lumbar muscles. The next morning, the joint pain sets in and I'm moving like an old man.

Can anyone say If any PEDS have helped with their spine issues? e.g..low dose deca, hgh etc
Absolutely not. I'm not a high dose guy, but not just trt either. And I have been on hgh for about 9 months. I have continued to get worse.

Yeah I'm not doing ANY bent over, unsupported exercises. Only bodyweight squats. It's terrible for my ego, but whatever.

I'm trying a physical therapist tomorrow to see if I can get on a decent plan that's not going to make my back worse.

I can feel the difference in pain between the spinal joints and lumbar muscle tightness. I love barbecuing and cooking, and a few hours on my feet leads to ridiculous tightness in my lumbar muscles. The next morning, the joint pain sets in and I'm moving like an old man.
Yes i understand.. not fun but that's bearable , just don't let it get to the point where you have nerve pain so bad you cant walk or get around

Try the MedX lumber spine if you can find a clinic near you. I hope so. It is will work wonders on your spine.

It has helped more people than it has hurt by strengthening the supportive muscles of your spine.

Reverse hyper, reverse hyper, reverse hyper!!! Inversion tables help too. And strengthen those hamstrings. Razor curls have done a lot to help ease lower back pain for me

Reverse hyper, reverse hyper, reverse hyper!!! Inversion tables help too. And strengthen those hamstrings. Razor curls have done a lot to help ease lower back pain for me
Yes, if only I had a reverse hyper in ANY gym near me - that machine is a game changer for DDD!

Back squats are pretty much out for me and I have a little trouble with SLDs, but banded GMs are OK, weighted and banded hyperextensions are ok. Full deadlifts are out, but I can do rack pulls as long as I'm careful.

Here's what I'm doing now to try an rehabilitate, I just need to do it more consistently:

1.) Inversion - I have a Teeter and I don't care about getting hazed for it. Work your way to full inversion and hit it 3 times a day for at least 5 minutes. Partial inversion never did much for me, but once I went to full I could literally feel my vertebrae/discs opening up.

2.) This Doc is goofy, but her stretching/exercises are great and don't take that long. I HATE stretching, but just need to do it.
DDD Exercises and Stretches

Yes, if only I had a reverse hyper in ANY gym near me - that machine is a game changer for DDD!

Back squats are pretty much out for me and I have a little trouble with SLDs, but banded GMs are OK, weighted and banded hyperextensions are ok. Full deadlifts are out, but I can do rack pulls as long as I'm careful.

Here's what I'm doing now to try an rehabilitate, I just need to do it more consistently:

1.) Inversion - I have a Teeter and I don't care about getting hazed for it. Work your way to full inversion and hit it 3 times a day for at least 5 minutes. Partial inversion never did much for me, but once I went to full I could literally feel my vertebrae/discs opening up.

2.) This Doc is goofy, but her stretching/exercises are great and don't take that long. I HATE stretching, but just need to do it.
DDD Exercises and Stretches
Reverse banded smith squats have been a way that I’ve been able to squat without compromising my low back.
Nothing wrong with the teeter. I have one and use it. Try to set this exercise up if you can. Great for Posterior chain development. I learned it from Laura Phelps Sweat. Here’s how I set it up 98792ECF-39B5-4D9B-A492-689C961B7D7D.jpeg

Things that helped me were hanging leg raises, straight until I cant do them, then with bent legs. At first, when my back was really bad, doing like 6-10 reps hurt like hell. Just no lower back flexibility to bring my knees all the way up. Especially dropping back down to the ground. But a few sets in, gets better. Next day sore abs but less back pain. Like the abs pulled the stress off the low back. I just do 3 sets now pre workout. No back pain at all but Im still careful. I don't trust it yet.

Lately, I've been also been able to do box squats. Finally. To parellel, but somehow much better for me than squats, more glute activation. My legs have been looking awful as my back has been so bad that doing legs except leg press (which my knees hate) was impossible. But blowing back up quick.

Man, this one is big for me..I do high rep reverse hyper extensions, high rep rack pulls, and high rep good mornings either ED or EOD for this.

I have had a good amount of back surgery and I just stick To this routine..I don’t do standard hypers because I’m too heavy..and as soon as my form breaks down on any set/rep I end the set.

Anybody know how flexibility/ stretching plays into this?

My cousin has had heaps of low back surgery 🙁 and the doctors could not stress enough the importance of that, hamstrings for him. It has made a huge difference for him.

My cousin has had heaps of low back surgery 🙁 and the doctors could not stress enough the importance of that, hamstrings for him. It has made a huge difference for him.
It's funny you said this. Had my first visit with the therapist on Wednesday. He pointed out all the knots and tightness in my hips and ass, AND how unbelievably tight my hamstrings are.

I've always known my hamstrings are tight. I've NEVER been able to touch my toes. Not even close. Not even as a kid. I try some stretching here and there, but I don't know what's the right way to truly loosen them up.

Anyway, I'll keep going back to this guy. He seems thorough.

It seems stretching helps reduce tension in a muscle. I am guessing constant tension causes fatigue.

It's funny you said this. Had my first visit with the therapist on Wednesday. He pointed out all the knots and tightness in my hips and ass, AND how unbelievably tight my hamstrings are.

I've always known my hamstrings are tight. I've NEVER been able to touch my toes. Not even close. Not even as a kid. I try some stretching here and there, but I don't know what's the right way to truly loosen them up.

Anyway, I'll keep going back to this guy. He seems thorough.
Please don’t injure yourself, when stretching the low back make sure you keep it flat and not round it which I have to always remind myself to do.

Unfortunately, no one can give you a cookie cutter answer because everyone is built differently. So, what helps one persons spine can hurt another person. And where the location of the disc/discs has degeneration or bulges also matters. It’s going to take trial and error on your behalf. I would start with body weight crunches on a Swiss ball and go from there. Static holds on a hyperextension bench ( lower back not arched) is also an option to try. Side planks can be another good exercise. You may find out that all of the above increase your pain. Exercises such as Deadlifts, shrugs, lying leg curls, rows, squats and sit ups often cause more pain and degeneration. Do everything with your lower back supported and use machines instead of free weights for most exercises. Do not do heavy weight with low reps and avoid going to all out failure because it’s too much straining.

Everyone's abilities or lack of is going to be unique to their injury and the damage done. I had 3 L5/S1 surgeries all 6 months apart, ending with a fusion. I have tried many different things (several have already been covered by other members here) looking for a solution, relief, healing, improvement of any kind, etc. Most of which just caused more damage and more pain for me with the exception of movements for core stability. The ones that helped me most are Side Planks for Reps (let my hip touch the ground then back up to a 10 count plank and repeat for as many reps as tolerated) Bird Dogs (done with strict form, I would do these in a rep fashion by bringing my elbow of my pointing hand to the knee of my pointing leg, then back to the pose holding each rep for a 10 count for as many reps as comfortable, both sides), Lying Ab Curls (very short movement, curl shoulders towards waist, with one knee bent, foot up close to my butt and the other leg lying straight, for reps and a 10 count hold in the contracted position of each rep) Glute Bridges (done for reps, holding each rep for a 10 or more count, focusing on trying to suck my belly button into my spine throughout the movement). I do these a few times a week, for a few sets each, for as many reps as I can comfortably do. These helped me the most and may be worth a try if they don't aggravate your condition. I've found that stretching my back and trying various yoga poses that were supposed to help, made my condition worse, again my unique injury/damage. Best of luck to you.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws