over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mans best Friend

This thread made my eyes water, I love dogs more than anything in the world.
Nothing is worse than seeing your best friend get hurt or pass on.

I lost my best friend a couple years ago, was in tears for weeks, deeply depressed for months, and still not the same. Don't know if I ever will be. It feels like I lost a child. People that don't care for dogs much think I am a fool for making a comment like that, but no one knows how I (or any other dog lover) feels about their best friends.

I have three other dogs, and I love them all just as much. I dread the day that they will pass, it kills me thinking about it, but I guess it is just part of life. The greatest flaw of this universe is that dogs only live 10-15 years. I will never understand how that came to be.

One thing that helped me feel better about losing my friend was to save another...... my girl and I rescued two other dogs from a shelter that euthanizes them after a certain period of time. It makes me feel good knowing that with the passing of my little guy, two other lives were saved.

Rest in peace Doug.
You know he must be in a better place, there is no way the universe could allow something as loving and loyal as a dog to go anywhere but an eternally peaceful place. I'm sorry for your loss.

Tremendous post TNH. Thank you.

zachbean79 - I hope you and your gf are doing okay today. I just wanted you to know that you guys are in my thoughts. I recently had to put my Scotty to sleep, due to Lymphoma cancer and he wasn't even 6yrs old :(
I do feel lucky that I got to tell him goodbye. It was SO SAD but I am happy that he is no longer suffering.

I hope today was a little better for you both :)

Miss Q

zachbean79 - I hope you and your gf are doing okay today. I just wanted you to know that you guys are in my thoughts. I recently had to put my Scotty to sleep, due to Lymphoma cancer and he wasn't even 6yrs old :(
I do feel lucky that I got to tell him goodbye. It was SO SAD but I am happy that he is no longer suffering.

Miss Q

Thank you so much miss Q. Mr Q mentioned you prayed for me and doug.....God bless you. I believe prayer is a powerful thing and I can't thank you enough for mentioning doug and I in yours.

Your scotty was way to young....not that it would be any easier to lose a pet/friend at any age. My heart goes out to you mrs Q. I know you will never forget your scotty and will keep a special place in your heart just for him. And you can alway smile when you think of your little scotty cause where he is now there is no pain or suffering. there is no sadness. only joy and happiness! and I wouldn't be surprised if your little scotty and doug running around together right now :D

Doug died on his 2nd birthday. In only two years we built a lifetime of great memories. I wish we had had more time, but I am very greatful for the time I had with him. My gf and I made a facebook page for him last night. It might seem goofy to some but it helps.......I'm not ready to stop talking to him(don't think I ever will be) Now I can write to doug on his facebook wall

Miss Q

Thank you so much miss Q. Mr Q mentioned you prayed for me and doug.....God bless you. I believe prayer is a powerful thing and I can't thank you enough for mentioning doug and I in yours.

Your scotty was way to young....not that it would be any easier to lose a pet/friend at any age. My heart goes out to you mrs Q. I know you will never forget your scotty and will keep a special place in your heart just for him. And you can alway smile when you think of your little scotty cause where he is now there is no pain or suffering. there is no sadness. only joy and happiness! and I wouldn't be surprised if your little scotty and doug running around together right now

Doug died on his 2nd birthday. In only two years we built a lifetime of great memories. I wish we had had more time, but I am very greatful for the time I had with him. My gf and I made a facebook page for him last night. It might seem goofy to some but it helps.......I'm not ready to stop talking to him(don't think I ever will be) Now I can write to doug on his facebook wall

Zachbean-

It looks like you've gained the support of quite a crew here :)

My wife and I have three dogs ourselves. They are our absolute pride and joy. We haven't often said that if they weren't there for us, there would be very little point in us continuing on (I know it's extreme, but that's how strongly we love these guys).

Everything that we do in our life revolves around these dogs, and if we lost them, it would mean absolute heartache. Me heart truly goes out to you, bro. If there is anything that I can do, please let me know.

It's interesting how people that don't possess that place in the hearts for dogs simply don't understand how we feel about them. Some will say, "they're just dogs, get over it," and nothing irritates me more. You are either a dog person, or you aren't. But 99% of the true dog people that I have ever met are the kindest hearted and down to earth people that I have ever known.

All of you that have given Zach the support are great!

My heart is aching for you and your girlfriend! I know how you feel. When you mentioned about how Doug just couldn't seem to get close enough to you. We have an Austailan Shepard we rescued from the pound as a puppy. He is just the most loving creature I have ever incountered. It is said that God's greatest gift to mankind is love. Dogs sure know how to love!! Our thought's and prayers are with the 2 of you!

Zachbean-

It looks like you've gained the support of quite a crew here :)

My wife and I have three dogs ourselves. They are our absolute pride and joy. We haven't often said that if they weren't there for us, there would be very little point in us continuing on (I know it's extreme, but that's how strongly we love these guys).

Everything that we do in our life revolves around these dogs, and if we lost them, it would mean absolute heartache. Me heart truly goes out to you, bro. If there is anything that I can do, please let me know.

It's interesting how people that don't possess that place in the hearts for dogs simply don't understand how we feel about them. Some will say, "they're just dogs, get over it," and nothing irritates me more. You are either a dog person, or you aren't. But 99% of the true dog people that I have ever met are the kindest hearted and down to earth people that I have ever known.

All of you that have given Zach the support are great!

The support I have received from you all here at pm has touched me more than I can explain with words. Reading all of your posts has been so uplifting in this sad time. Checking this thread has given me something to look forward to when I felt like doing nothing.

My girlfriend used to always complain about how much time I spent on this forum.....Yesterday when she was reading all of your posts she cried and she laughed out loud. She said "these guys write and share so much" she told me that while many family and friends had offered their sympathies on her facebook page none had gone to the extent of sharing such personal and thoughtful stories as you have all done.

I can't thank you all enough.
God bless you all

Sorry to hear the sad news bro...

Heres a Bump for Doug

I'm sorry for your loss brother. I myself, just this past Thursday eased the pains forever for my cat. He was only 7 years old. I never called him pet but friend or brother. When I just came to US, I didn't know anybody and had no friends. I found my little friend and took him home and he kept me sane just like in that movie with Tom Hanks - Robinson Cruso. Unfortunately he was diagnosed with chronic kidney failure. I did everything I could and shelled out my last money to save him, but unfortunately nothing worked. Luckily, his vet doctor is among nicest persons I know and even it was illegal for her she gave some strong narcotic pain killers for cat and the lethal mix. I kept him home for a few days all drugged up so he could get comfortable and say good-buy to his house, his little female kitty friend and to all our family. And most of all he didn't die in some cage among strangers and noisy pets or on the cold metal table. He knew when his time came, he went into every room of the house and set there for few minutes just looking around, probably remembering his happy days. Then he went to his favorite spot (on my bed) and fell asleep just leaving me his paw with the catheter the vet put into his vein because I am not too good at that. I administered the sedative, then a high dose of barbiturates and he took his last breath very deep and long and he never moved after this. He knew I, as his best friend, I was doing the best thing for him. I can not describe in words the grief I felt. I had a grave already dug out in my back yard, put him in a nice white cloth and started shoveling dirt. I truly feel your pains but if this helps, let me tell you that your friend Doug went quick and easy and not in the painless long periods of some sickness. And he would be happy to know (somewhere upstairs) that he left a good vacancy for someone who is in real need of home and a friend. You can fill that void and rescue some pup out of those cold shelters and give him/her the best life he/her could ever imagine.

I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you recover quickly from that shock and keep living life, good and happy life.

Again, I am deeply sorry for your loss, but life happens and it happened to you now or it would happen some time later. I buried a few pet friends myself.

God Bless,

TT
TT, Thank you for sharing that story of you and your little buddy with me. That must have been almost unbearable to watch. Nothing breaks my heart more than thinking about an innocent creature such as a dog suffering or going through pain. Before I adopted Doug I had a dog named toby. Got him when I was 11 tears old......He died 16 years later of old age. Toby's ashes still sit on a mantle over my bed.

Like you with your buddy, I had to dig dougs grave with the help of my Dad and a friend. His little body was lying upstairs on a couch in my sisters bedroom. My gf wanted to say goodbye to him one last time before we burried him and so I had to wait for her to get home from work. During this time a good friend of mine actually Built a little wooden coffin for doug. That evening when my gf got home, we all laid doug to rest together in my sisters backyard.

You guys are right. This kind of stuff is never easy....but as one of you said to me in an earlier post "the amount of sadness we feel after such a loss is testament to the great joy these amazing creatures bring during their time with us".

A bump for doug, me and all of you and the touching stories and heart felt words you shared

My little sister just emailed this little poem/prayer to me.
she said her vet had given it to her after she had to put down her childhood dog "rags" a few years ago. she said it helped bring comfort to her. It did for me and hope it does for others too.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Man.... I'm crying like a baby. Rainbow Bridge, a very nice mental picture.
Maybe you could share a picture of Doug with us.

pic#1 Doug gets caught playing a little to rough with my gf's cat lol
pic#2 Doug and I taking a nap
pic#3 Doug with his raw hide
pic#4 Doug relaxing
pic#5 sleepy Doug

Attachments

• doug pic 1.jpg
    doug pic 1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 225
  • Doug pic 2.jpg
    Doug pic 2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 314
  • doug 3.jpg
    doug 3.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 212
  • doug 4.jpg
    doug 4.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 284
  • doug 5.jpg
    doug 5.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 307
thanks for posting pics of Doug..
I havent looked at them yet but I know that when I do I will probably cry...

pic#1 Doug gets caught playing a little to rough with my gf's cat lol
pic#2 Doug and I taking a nap
pic#3 Doug with his raw hide
pic#4 Doug relaxing
pic#5 sleepy Doug

Great pics of the Douger!!!

Soo sorry for your loss bro.. I lost a dog very similar circumstances a few years ago.. I fell your pain.. Dogs are sometimes our closest friends.. I hope your ok
DV

VERY sorry to hear of your loss bro, he's a great looking pup. I know how great beagles are when it comes to being your buddy, for years my dad and i raised beagles for rabbit hunting, and they really are great dogs, We've lost a few to accidents when gone hunting. Just need to remember the great times you had with him... RIP doug..

great looking dog. sorry about your loss it is very tough thing but im sure he's running around in dog heaven chasig tennis balls waiting for you to meet again. sorry again for your loss but looked like an amazing dog

great looking dog. sorry about your loss it is very tough thing but im sure he's running around in dog heaven chasig tennis balls waiting for you to meet again. sorry again for your loss but looked like an amazing dog

Thank you brother......I'll be waiting and looking forward to meeting him again to

Great pictures!! The one of him and the cat is funny. He's got that "a little help dad" look.
Thanks for sharing! :)

zach, its been a few days since you first posted, but i know you are still feeling the deep loss of your best friend. you will for a while. i know, i lost my best friend, molly, last year. i had to put her down due to her heart (enlarged heart, heart meds, congestive heart failure) finally giving out on her. she had a rough night one night, and i was up with her all night. as soon as the vet opened, we were there and i knew it was time to let her go. it hurt so bad, but it was the best thing for her. she didnt need to suffer anymore, and i had to be strong and let her go.
i still think of her and her funny quirks. i have a new best friend, Bud. he is a border collie, cattle dog mix and he is a great pup. he has his own quirks. it took almost an entire year before i could get another dog. i couldnt justify having another pet without being able to love the next one as much as i did the last.
I rescued him as a pup and its been a great feeling knowing ive helped out an animal that might not have had a chance otherwise, and he has helped me overcome my grief for my loving molly. he hasnt replaced her, that is not possible, but he definately has helped me by allowing me to open up and let another wonderful pet in.
it will take some time, man, but you will be able to think of your friend without sadness. and some day you will be able to let another new friend in.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws