over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MARBALIZER99........GLAD YOU ARE ALIVE

PHIL HERNON said:
SO SAD WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY AT YOUR SCHOOL. 33 DEAD??

Yea, its just hitting me today. Classes have all been cancelled for the week and I'm heading home as soon as the 2pm thing is over.

I live in East AJ and didn't even know a shooting occurred in the west wing because I was getting breakfast (egg whites, oranges, milk, evoo :) ) I came back to my room (around 7:30) and didn't even realize there was a shooting. Went to my 8am class and didn't find out until I got the email at 9:29am. Then I was leaving for my 10:10 class and noticed a group of students standing beside the War Memorial building (directly across the drillfield from Norris) and the cops weren't letting them cross the drillfield. I stood there like everyone else trying to figure out what was going on...never heard a single gunshot while standing there just a lot of cops showing up with every passing minute and kids running out of buildings on the other side of campus. About 10 minutes later the emergency alert system went off telling everyone to go to the nearest building. The worst part will be when the list comes out of those that were killed, so far all of the people that I hang with outside of class are okay, I have no idea about the people who I really only talk to when I'm in class.

Definetly delays in info getting to students but like I said before I am not mad at the administration or the PD. Sending emails sooner may not have made a difference, cancelling classes sooner may have...but that is not what is most important at this time. Things can always be done differently in almost every situation.

Anyone that transfers or decides not to come here b/c of what happened is missing that this could happen anywhere. I went to NCSU for my sophomore year and there was a much higher crime rate there. I came back here b/c I liked the friendly atmosphere that exists on this campus and, I will not leave again.

...off to the gym

Last edited:
marbalizer99 said:
Yea, its just hitting me today. Classes have all been cancelled for the week and I'm heading home as soon as the 2pm thing is over.

I live in East AJ and didn't even know a shooting occurred in the west wing because I was getting breakfast (egg whites, oranges, milk, evoo :) ) I came back to my room (around 7:30) and didn't even realize there was a shooting. Went to my 8am class and didn't find out until I got the email at 9:29am. Then I was leaving for my 10:10 class and noticed a group of students standing beside the War Memorial building (directly across the drillfield from Norris) and the cops weren't letting them cross the drillfield. I stood there like everyone else trying to figure out what was going on...never heard a single gunshot while standing there just a lot of cops showing up with every passing minute and kids running out of buildings on the other side of campus. About 10 minutes later the emergency alert system went off telling everyone to go to the nearest building. The worst part will be when the list comes out of those that were killed, so far all of the people that I hang with outside of class are okay, I have no idea about the people who I really only talk to when I'm in class.

Definetly delays in info getting to students but like I said before I am not mad at the administration or the PD. Sending emails sooner may not have made a difference, cancelling classes sooner may have...but that is not what is most important at this time. Things can always be done differently in almost every situation.

Anyone that transfers or decides not to come here b/c of what happened is missing that this could happen anywhere. I went to NCSU for my sophomore year and there was a much higher crime rate there. I came back here b/c I liked the friendly atmosphere that exists on this campus and, I will not leave again.

...off to the gym

I'm happy to hear your alright, and dude I love your positive attitude it will carry you a long way in life.

same at my school

On the morning of Tuesday, September 17, 1996, Jillian Robbins, a 19-year old native of State College, PA, armed with a 7 mm Mauser rifle, hid herself in a large group of bushes outside Penn State's Hetzel Union Building (HUB). Shooting in the prone position, Robbins fired 5 shots at passers-by. 21-year old Melanie Spalla was killed, and 20-year old Nicholas Mensah was wounded in the abdomen. Two students, Kerry Butler and William Mocker, later reported finding damage to their backpacks where bullets had grazed them.

Class of 1997 graduate Brendon Malovrh discovered Robbins and disarmed the woman as she attempted to reload the rifle. Robbins attempted to stab Malovrh, but missed and wounded herself in the thigh. Malovrh stayed with Robbins, treating her leg wound, until police arrived.

One of the fired rounds was found resting on an outdoor windowsill at St. Paul's United Methodist Church, 109 McAllister St., and another on the eighth floor of Penn Tower Apartments, near the intersection of McAllister St. and Beaver Avenue.

its tragic. :(

society and the world is so unpredictable now. things like this are the reason i carry my weapon everythere. i couldnt imagine being one of the students lying on floor of the classroom hoping i wouldnt be shot next. :(

i'm glad you and your friends are all safe!!! :) very glad!!!

its disgusting that you (and everyone else and thier families) have to go through this!

Carry everywhere also Larry. I can't imagine making myself a victim when I have the moral and legal right to protect myself and mine.

FeverishFlux said:
Carry everywhere also Larry. I can't imagine making myself a victim when I have the moral and legal right to protect myself and mine.

I feel the same way! Just got an HK P200SK in .40 s&w and my concealed carry license a couple weeks ago.

Hey bro, Glad to hear your ok. It is a tragedy indeed. You are correct. anywhere, anytime man. Hope you will all get through this horrible time. My prayers are with you all!!

Busamuscle said:
I feel the same way! Just got an HK P200SK in .40 s&w and my concealed carry license a couple weeks ago.

I am wondering how long we will continue to have these rights. With the way our country is heading, someday law enforcement may show up at your door demanding you relinquish all of your firearms.

If everyone could see ONE thing, I would want it to be this:

**broken link removed**

Best speech there. As my roomate said in his AOL sports blog:
All of the other speakers allowed us to be with our personal thoughts and mourn, but she allowed us to come together and act as the strong family we always were. I think we all left with a heightened sense of community. We were all far from closure, but this was a great first step.

"For today, we are all hokies"

Attachments

• vigil.jpg
    vigil.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
maldorf said:
I am wondering how long we will continue to have these rights. With the way our country is heading, someday law enforcement may show up at your door demanding you relinquish all of your firearms.

they can pry them out of my cold, dead hands. :mad:

To everyone, I appreciate the concern/support you have given the Virginia Tech community, and to me. In the aftermath of this tragic event we never felt alone. The nation came together and I know I, as well as the entire community, found comfort in your response in what seemed like the most devestating day of our lives.

We are Virginia Tech.

We are sad today, and we will be sad for quite a while. We are not moving on, we are embracing our mourning.

We are Virginia Tech.

We are strong enough to stand tall tearlessly, we are brave enough to bend to cry, and we are sad enough to know that we must laugh again.

We are Virginia Tech.

We do not understand this tragedy. We know we did nothing to deserve it, but neither does a child in Africa dying of AIDS, neither do the invisible children walking the night away to avoid being captured by the rogue army, neither does the baby elephant watching his community being devastated for ivory, neither does the Mexican child looking for fresh water, neither does the Appalachian infant killed in the middle of the night in his crib in the home his father built with his own hands being run over by a boulder because the land was destabilized. No one deserves a tragedy.

We are Virginia Tech.

The Hokie Nation embraces our own and reaches out with open heart and hands to those who offer their hearts and minds. We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid. We are better than we think and not quite what we want to be. We are alive to the imaginations and the possibilities. We will continue to invent the future through our blood and tears and through all our sadness.

We are the Hokies.

We will prevail.

We will prevail.

We will prevail.

We are Virginia Tech.

-- Nikki Giovanni, VT Distinguished Professor

maldorf said:

Here in ohio I can sell my guns to any one I want and not have to get their info for the sale. In other words when and if they do come I will tell them that I have sold all my guns!!;)

Glad you are ok bro....I like your attitude about this too. We don't live to far from each other...it would be cool to catch a workout together some day.

marbalizer99 said:
To everyone, I appreciate the concern/support you have given the Virginia Tech community, and to me. In the aftermath of this tragic event we never felt alone. The nation came together and I know I, as well as the entire community, found comfort in your response in what seemed like the most devestating day of our lives.

I am sorry for your loss! We at OSU took a moment of silence at 3:00pm in remebrance of those that were lost at Virgina Tech.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131