over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Melatonin daily

It doesn't do much for me either other than make me groggy the next day.
As weird as it sounds. But it keeps me up more when I tried it a few times

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I've seen reference to a couple of studies that show melatonin to work as an aromatose inhibitor. One study even said it was more effective than letro.

I've seen reference to a couple of studies that show melatonin to work as an aromatose inhibitor. One study even said it was more effective than letro.

Suppversity came out with this a year or so back. What they failed to inform the reader is

...Co-culture models that are in vitro does not quantify in vivo.

Melatonin is not as potent as any pharmaceutical AI. Melatonin is a potent antioxidant, incomparable between the two.

Last edited:
One of the most underrated substances ever!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I'm diagnosed with insomnia and moderate sleep apnea and will take 6mg of Melatonin, instead of my RX sleep medication, to help ease me to zzzzzz-land and feel rested the next morning. I stayed away from Melatonin many years because it gave me horribly vivid dreams! Once I used it on a regular basis, the strange dreams and groggy side effects subsided after 5-6 nights.

While there are many supp manufacturers out there, I like NOW and Schiff's melatonin. "NOW" produces 3mg chewable lozenges for fast absorption and I fall asleep within 15 minutes…Schiff also makes Melatonin Ultra (tablet), which contains 3mg Melatonin, along with Theanine, GABA, and B6, but the absorption rate is slower since it comes in tablet form.

As always, YMMV

Last edited:
I have been a light sleeper my whole life and melatonin has helped me maintain a somewhat normal sleep pattern. I get a bit drowsy in the morning when I take my 3 mg. but I consider it a worthwhile substance.

You guys using time release mel or regular one? I like the sound of the schiff one mentioned above. Any use that one?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I take it for as a antiaging antioxidant and at 5mg bedtime. it helps a lil with sleep for me not much.

I just started taking this stuff called "sweetest dreams". It's a combo of 3mg melatonin and 100mg l-theanine. Works well. I sometimes take two. I always have a hard time sleeping even with 10mg melatonin. Half the week I'm trying to sleep during the day to work overnights. I might just save a few bucks and buy l-theanine and melatonin separate.

your body slows production of this around age 30 as i remember, so i supplement it to stay healthy etc. been using it regularly for over 10 years and it still works great. it has many health benefits as many systems in the body use it.

Melatonin has tons of benefits and the research to back those benefits. The problem with me is that regular usage (at varying dosages) aggravates my pre-existing depression.

I can't remember if this is duplicated with a very small dose like 1mg or less. I can't figure out the mechanism behind this, and I'm not alone apparently.

For those that have not received results I would suggest trying the following:

I have read that too high a dose(a highly individual matter) can actually have an opposite effect for some, receptor desensitization? Perhaps, I just know for me lower doses work better than higher. Life Extension makes doses as low as 300mcg in instant release lozenges, regular capsules and time released. If you have sleep issues and nothing has worked I would try lowering the dose before giving up totally on melatonin.

Timing: Play with your timing. Have trouble staying asleep? Low dose time released immediately pre-bed. Trouble falling asleep 1 hour prior to bed has successful current research, so much so that even my primary suggested it this way. For traditional doctors to start recommending a supplement their has to be convincing evidence. I also believe there is something to taking it around sunset. Logically the body most likely starts to release melatonin when the amount of light naturally starts to decline. By taking it then you more naturally mimic the bodies release. It's not like your body says, "Oh look it's 10:30pm," and then dumps out 10mg of melatonin.

I've used melatonin many times and it seems like no matter what dosage I use, I will get to sleep quickly, but wake up 2 hrs later like clockwork. Same with valerian.

I've used melatonin many times and it seems like no matter what dosage I use, I will get to sleep quickly, but wake up 2 hrs later like clockwork. Same with valerian.

sleep is really important everyone knows that. If what your saying is true you should see a doctor about sleep meds. If you tried otc and still have disturbed sleep its time to take it up a notch. Loosing sleep or g=not getting enough rem can destroy your quality of life totally. Please anyone else like this, see a doctor .

75-100mgs of benedryl is pretty effective too sometimes i stack both the melly and this when cutting and sleep is impossible having to wake up in a couple of hours for work or school. Grogginess>sleeplessness any day of the week

It doesn't do much for me either other than make me groggy the next day.

I have not had any luck with it either. Tried it at 5-10mg amounts. Absolutely nothing.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131