over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Milos and giant sets

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered

I see more talk about rest pause, drop sets, cluster sets, super sets, but not as much on this intensity technique. He says Dorian made fun of him and called it aerobic training. I tried it last night with upright rows, rear delt flyes, lateral raises, then face pulls. Seemed comparable to a drop set all the way down the stack but was harde. Anyone use them?

I watch him make people do them lol. It looks like death a lot of times. Also I thought he used it even more for glycogen depletion when close to a show? Does he do it all the time? I CAN do this since I own my gym and am usually the only one in it, just a question of should I.

To me, Milos' giant sets are just forms of cluster sets.
If youve seen other videos, he chooses 3-5 exercises for an entire muscle GROUP, not 1 specific head of the shoulder. Here is doing the entire shoulder. Front, medial, etc.
Then just reaching failure, giving a small break to transition to another exercise and going again. Same principle with clusters or myo reps as you are getting more "working reps" in that fatigued zone.

I watch him make people do them lol. It looks like death a lot of times. Also I thought he used it even more for glycogen depletion when close to a show? Does he do it all the time? I CAN do this since I own my gym and am usually the only one in it, just a question of should I.
I believe just does then for hypertrophy not necessarily pre contest. It really only has to be 4 sets back to back...nit 10 or so like video.

To me, Milos' giant sets are just forms of cluster sets.
If youve seen other videos, he chooses 3-5 exercises for an entire muscle GROUP, not 1 specific head of the shoulder. Here is doing the entire shoulder. Front, medial, etc.
Then just reaching failure, giving a small break to transition to another exercise and going again. Same principle with clusters or myo reps as you are getting more "working reps" in that fatigued zone.
I agree, I've done clusters too. The giant set felt similar. Both good ways to get in work if short on time. One thing I can't tell is if he wants each exercise to failure or just a pre determined number of reps. I'm not a big believe in being overly concerned about overtraining so I just took it to failure for each exercise.

Don’t like the way he trains people
Is it because it's more pump training vs progressive overload? I always like to keep heavy progressive training as my base then use pump work to add extra volume to weak parts. For example on arms

Dip machine 20-30 RP
Barbell drag curl 20-30 RP

Then a giant set incorporating movements for Tris and bis

his main goal is max blood flow with hopefully the right things in the blood at the time. also i would guess also maybe a good way to use less weights to prevent injury.

Doesn’t he only do a giant set at the end of
The workout?

Done them, good for precontest... Most importantly though: If you are going to try to do these, don't be an ASSHAT and shut down a whole section of a commercial gym during peak hours for this shit. Go midday or late at night.

They are another item on the menu. They are flavorful at the start, just don’t overeat.

I did giant sets as a kid in my late teens and early twenties when I had more stamina.

Milos' rationale seems to be to create a need to draw lots of blood into the muscle so he can force lots of nutrients in.

High volume with lots of extreme pumps require extreme amounts of food, especially carbs.

While I can see it being appealing to many (not me) it also seems somewhat of a chicken or the egg scenario.

Do we need the high carbs because of the high volume alone, and if so would one get similar results from less volume and less carbs, assuming effort is also maximized, if the high carbs are just there as a fuel?

Are we using high volume to use lots of carbs or eating lots of carb to be used in high volume?

Is it a net benefit in the end?

I did giant sets as a kid in my late teens and early twenties when I had more stamina.

Milos' rationale seems to be to create a need to draw lots of blood into the muscle so he can force lots of nutrients in.

High volume with lots of extreme pumps require extreme amounts of food, especially carbs.

While I can see it being appealing to many (not me) it also seems somewhat of a chicken or the egg scenario.

Do we need the high carbs because of the high volume alone, and if so would one get similar results from less volume and less carbs, assuming effort is also maximized, if the high carbs are just there as a fuel?

Are we using high volume to use lots of carbs or eating lots of carb to be used in high volume?

I agree 100% just look at the examples - Jay Cutler - very volume training and diet very high in carbohydrates, Roman Fritz the same. Gary Strydom is another example, and it would take a long time to enumerate. In contrast, bodybuilders who use low-volume training consume significantly less carbohydrates

This approach, imo, requires high carbs, intra workout nutrition, and insulin.

I've never had much success with this style, but I get an itch to try it every so often. The idea of flooding the bloodstream with repair molecules while training specific muscle groups going for a massive pump is fun...

I've just never seen anyone who can lift impressive numbers not have an impressive physique. Zero 500lb benches have small upper bodies!

Just get stronger.

Personally, I think it has more to do with getting your muscle to a bigger size and your body recognizing and acknowledging it’s possible than this nutrient factor (that I think is foolish) that others keep taking about.

Also . . . there will come a point (not me, have seen this with others) where your arms will ‘look’ pumped, vascular, feel pumped, tight and full, but when measured show no significant pump when measured as compared to before. This is when your arms have reached their genetic limit. My opinion.

This approach, imo, requires high carbs, intra workout nutrition, and insulin.

I've never had much success with this style, but I get an itch to try it every so often. The idea of flooding the bloodstream with repair molecules while training specific muscle groups going for a massive pump is fun...

I've just never seen anyone who can lift impressive numbers not have an impressive physique. Zero 500lb benches have small upper bodies!

Just get stronger.
This makes sense to me. I did a search on YouTube they refer to this as "metabolic" or "metabolite training". Everything I read says use it as a finisher after heavy straight sets.

This makes sense to me. I did a search on YouTube they refer to this as "metabolic" or "metabolite training". Everything I read says use it as a finisher after heavy straight sets.
Yep, exactly.

The thing i go back & forth on is this: how much of that extra volume is beneficial vs hampering recovery for the next session?

Maybe it's a muscle fiber type thing? I'm much more a fast twitch "100 m sprint" than I am a "400 m sprint."

Yep, exactly.

The thing i go back & forth on is this: how much of that extra volume is beneficial vs hampering recovery for the next session?

Maybe it's a muscle fiber type thing? I'm much more a fast twitch "100 m sprint" than I am a "400 m sprint."
I think for the most part overtraining is not as common as people think, so I'm for a lot of pump work

Obviously 30 sets of heavy sqauts a week will overtrain someone, but pump work regularly for arms, traps, shoulders shouldn't be a problem.

I've been doing a regular body part split with pump work for delts every training day, no bad effects so far.

I think you need to have a solid training partner / coach that can keep you at or near 100% the entire workout for this to be effective. I hate to admit but if by myself, I know I won’t be giving it everything every time.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear