over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Most impressive feat of strength you have seen

This is pretty impressive. 405 for 14 reps shoulder press. Most I saw in person was 365 lbs for about 10 reps.

Same dude doing 825 lbs for front squat, with great form and depth. Incredible! Most I ever used was 405 lbs for about 5 reps.

i think his bench is still in the top 20 on some lists even after all these years. incredible. Rick Weil's name is somewhere on there too.

Ted still holds raw records that still stand today... (Raw done in a full meet, he just did 500 DL and 500 SQ as token lifts for the full meet).

Attachments

• teds-raw.JPG
    teds-raw.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 7
Saw a mature man (my Sensei) do a 1 arm handstand press, unassisted. Probably
weighed ~ 200 lbs at the time with legit 18" arms. Ex bodybuilder, Olympic lifter,
4th Dan black belt in Judo and Karate. The most intense man I have ever met. His
mind was so powerful it was unbelievable.

Kinda cheesy and outdated and may have posted before for the older members but
here he is (no handstand). He was a policeman until during an arrest he was hit
over the shoulder into is spine. He was put on "medical leave" for the remainder
of his life which was constantly scrutinized by the police force, i.e., 'if you are well
enough to teach karate you are well enough to be part of the force.' He was in
court constantly because of that. But I digress. You might be wondering what
happened to the pimp that hit his with a tire iron . . . he hit him square in the face.

He died in the spot.

He was featured and made the cover in Black Black Belt Magazine (defunked?) many
many moon's ago. I was even in the background in a few. Good times and bad (hard)
times.

Attachments

• don buck.jpg
    don buck.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 38
Ted still holds raw records that still stand today... (Raw done in a full meet, he just did 500 DL and 500 SQ as token lifts for the full meet).
It's a testament to how strong guys like him, Kaz, Ed Coan, Mike McDonald, John Kuc, and a host of others were. Their numbers still stand on their own. Another interesting point in this discussion is Olympic Weightlifting. If the weight classes were never restructured, quite a few of the old records would still stand today that were set in the 80's. The Snatch record stood since '87 and was only broken recently in 2017. 30 years it stood. Incredible. Heaviest Clean & Jerk record has still, to my knowledge, not been beaten since the 80's.

This is pretty impressive. 405 for 14 reps shoulder press. Most I saw in person was 365 lbs for about 10 reps.

If only I could BENCH PRESS 405 for a single rep. Watching this guy is very humbling....

I love this video of Donny Shankle. At the :39 second mark is when he starts starts to clean and press. When he does 440lbs...just wow! He misses the first but then gets it on the second attempt. To jerk that much weight off the ground, then stand with it and then press it takes incredible strength from everywhere on your body! The guy is an animal!!

Here's a video of Ed Coan deadlifting 901 at 220lbs and makes it look easy! He attempts 920lbs but doesn't get it.

I love this video of Donny Shankle. At the :39 second mark is when he starts starts to clean and press. When he does 440lbs...just wow! He misses the first but then gets it on the second attempt. To jerk that much weight off the ground, then stand with it and then press it takes incredible strength from everywhere on your body! The guy is an animal!!

Yeah, the olympic lifts are most impressive IMO. Here is a guy doing 533 lbs and hes not a huge guy. Not sure his bodyweight, but he doesnt look to be over 220. This one is in slow motion so you can see the artistry in it. Just looked it up, hes in the 105 kg class, so he weighs under 232 lbs.

Very very impressive. I always been way more impressed by Olympic lifters than
power lifters. Way more skill than flexibility.

Believe it or not, it has been recorded/ filmed at the Olympics, that Olympic lifters
move faster than any other athlete.

Yeah, the olympic lifts are most impressive IMO. Here is a guy doing 533 lbs and hes not a huge guy. Not sure his bodyweight, but he doesnt look to be over 220. This one is in slow motion so you can see the artistry in it. Just looked it up, hes in the 105 kg class, so he weighs under 232 lbs.

this poor guy got his two gold medals stripped by WADA retroactively when doping controls were updated. He was basically a gold medalist in every international competition he entered as a senior and was the face of the sport until it was decided that he was going down. I'm going to bet some politician or coach from Kazakhstan pissed off someone in the IOC or money wasn't given to not test his sample. You don't just go from flying under the radar all those years to WADA suddenly having a hard-on for you to pop.

this poor guy got his two gold medals stripped by WADA retroactively when doping controls were updated. He was basically a gold medalist in every international competition he entered as a senior and was the face of the sport until it was decided that he was going down. I'm going to bet some politician or coach from Kazakhstan pissed off someone in the IOC or money wasn't given to not test his sample. You don't just go from flying under the radar all those years to WADA suddenly having a hard-on for you to pop.

The olympics are rigged

To everyone posting powerlifting numbers from the 70-80s, shame on you. This year were going to see a 198 guy put down a raw total close to dan greens and the rhinos. Powerlifting is in the process of being turned up on its head because we're separating it away from bodybuilding techniques. You can think the more jacked guys lift more weights or the guy on the most gear does but those are things that we're seeing die. Guys pulling a 1000+ raw, 198 guys benching 600+ raw, etc.

The olympics are rigged

To everyone posting powerlifting numbers from the 70-80s, shame on you. This year were going to see a 198 guy put down a raw total close to dan greens and the rhinos. Powerlifting is in the process of being turned up on its head because we're separating it away from bodybuilding techniques. You can think the more jacked guys lift more weights or the guy on the most gear does but those are things that we're seeing die. Guys pulling a 1000+ raw, 198 guys benching 600+ raw, etc.

Shame on you? Really? Why are you such a Debbie Downer? Post after post with negativity, arguing, etc. People are posting what is or once was very impressive to them. Seems like you're taking this thread a little too personal. Get over yourself, this thread isn't a competition about who lifts more or era vs era, just people posting up feats of strength that impress and possibly inspire them. Learn what the thread is about and stop dissecting everything! The negative, know it all attitude is getting old!!

Shame on you? Really? Why are you such a Debbie Downer? Post after post with negativity, arguing, etc. People are posting what is or once was very impressive to them. Seems like you're taking this thread a little too personal. Get over yourself, this thread isn't a competition about who lifts more or era vs era, just people posting up feats of strength that impress and possibly inspire them. Learn what the thread is about and stop dissecting everything! The negative, know it all attitude is getting old!!

Jesus youre always crying. Sorry for trying to create discussion rather than guys living in the past, that's not the normal here is it? Don't answer that. The only discussion on these parts are garbage, sorry for trying to create real conversation on the topic.

Me: Hey guys have you seen people do strong ass shit without the use of a barbell which is easy to grab and lift? **EDIT** - NOT CLOSE TO WHAT YOU SAID!

Bio: ARGHHHH

*Guys post more lifts with barbells*

Me: Hey guys thats cool but have you seen more recent trends where lighter guys are lifting heavier and easier than ever before **EDIT** - NOT CLOSE TO WHAT YOU SAID!

Bio: AHHHH DEBBIE DOWNER

Last edited by a moderator:
IronLion2: Acting like an asshole.

Bio: Temp banning him.

The only one complaining is you. This thread isn't about some in depth discussion just people posting up impressive feats of strength from any time period. Not sure why posting impressive feats from other eras has your panties in a bunch. You can stop trying to act like the strength and conditioning coach who has to school everyone. I tried to be cool with you earlier but you keep acting like an asshole!

I think this makes my point...

Jesus youre always crying. Sorry for trying to create discussion rather than guys living in the past, that's not the normal here is it? Don't answer that. The only discussion on these parts are garbage, sorry for trying to create real conversation on the topic.

Might want to go back and re-read your posts...after your vacation of course. They're not quite what you make them out to be.

Last edited:
This looks like a cool documentary on Donny Shankle. It's roughly 5 years old. The link to view it takes you to a website you have to join/pay. If anyone has a full version of this please post it up! Not only is he strong but he has voice that should be used in commercials, narration, voice over, etc.

King of weightlifting right now. Lasha. 484 Snatch and a 580 clean and jerk with ease. They guy could do the impossible and Snatch 500 and maybe clean and jerk 600 but I dont think anyone’s going to push him in competition enough for him to do it.

Training hall vid before 2019 Worlds.

Chris Duffin is the most impressive. He can basically squat and deadlift 1000 lbs and also do super high rep sets with heavy weight.

Very few are on his level of fitness.

King of weightlifting right now. Lasha. 484 Snatch and a 580 clean and jerk with ease. They guy could do the impossible and Snatch 500 and maybe clean and jerk 600 but I dont think anyone’s going to push him in competition enough for him to do it.

Training hall vid before 2019 Worlds.

Yah this dude is a bad ass for sure.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner