over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

need all the bros and sis help....

lucian

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
i have a client, who does everyhting right, diet,has tried all the carbcycling,high fat,low carbs,no carbs all of them. hasnrt lost a pound. does her cardio, 1 hr a day before breakfast, and hits the weights 3 times a week full body routine. has done body part splits, high reps,med,low all of it,
and has been trying all this for about 1 1/2 years now!!!!!

i have no idea what to do at this point. the only thing i can think of is she used to be bulemic for a long time and this might have done a lot of damage to her body and metabolism,

i have another guy who has the same problem but je used to be on heavy anti depreasants and stopped cold turkey , and now has the same problems.

they work their asses off and i dont charge them for any training or anything but i see them feel so bad cause at least others loose a bit of water, and fat but they try like hell and not a friggen thing.
does anyone have any suggestions?
i really want to help them get in shape.

thank you all for any ideas you may have.
lucian

I have seen this problem first hand as well but eventually got the person to lose 30+ lb .One observation is it seems to take about 6 weeks of twice a day cardio at 40-45 mins till the metabolism is even ready to burn fat, up till this point if you reduce calories the body says "hold on we are in a starvation mode " and holds onto fat and slows the metabolism ,so any sized calorie reduction before this point is counter productive.To quickly apply my idea to your client i would say she is doing really well to hit an hour of cardio and must have been at it for a while , I would keep the diet clean but not too tough and increase cardio to 2 45 min sessions building up to this level over a couple of weeks then after a month of this cardio then start manipulating the diet .the person may see little lose in the first 6 weeks but by week 12 they can have lost 10-15lb .

lucian said:
i have a client, who does everyhting right, diet,has tried all the carbcycling,high fat,low carbs,no carbs all of them. hasnrt lost a pound. does her cardio, 1 hr a day before breakfast, and hits the weights 3 times a week full body routine. has done body part splits, high reps,med,low all of it,
and has been trying all this for about 1 1/2 years now!!!!!

i have no idea what to do at this point. the only thing i can think of is she used to be bulemic for a long time and this might have done a lot of damage to her body and metabolism,

i have another guy who has the same problem but je used to be on heavy anti depreasants and stopped cold turkey , and now has the same problems.

they work their asses off and i dont charge them for any training or anything but i see them feel so bad cause at least others loose a bit of water, and fat but they try like hell and not a friggen thing.
does anyone have any suggestions?
i really want to help them get in shape.

thank you all for any ideas you may have.
lucian

its prob the bulemia the gal uses to have... I trained 2 girls who had the same history and it was a bitch gettin their bodies in check again! I feel ya bro, kind of made me feel like a failure at first when the progress was nothing!
I would reccomend having her get a full panel bloodwork done, this will answer a lot of questions.. it did for me at least! depending on the results you will be able to troubleshoot her nutrition...

hope this helps

Two things I always consider / ask:

-Hypothyroidism

-Estrogen / progest. based oral birth control.

Those two combined will prevent pretty much any weight loss.

-R

i am thinking along the lines of homon also. i had this happen to one of my clients,and the blood panel was the answer....thyroid...

I was going to say exactly what sonis said. Has she had a recent blood panel done? I would have her do that and see what the tests show.

Let us know what comes out of this.

thank you

i advised her to a doc a couple of weeks ago. i thought about reducing the cal and kicking up the cardio as it seems even now she doesnt need that many calories.
my training partner was a world tae kwon do champion. she had to cut weight...and now she eats like 1 -2 times a day,no carbs low fats and just protien!! at 5'2" she is 105 lb at 11% and freakin lean.
she does cardio 2 hr a day and hits the wts w me about 2 hr a day. she doesnt compete just loves to train and could easily win a show no problem!!
for her it was kinda forced anorexia to make wt for competition.
but she eats so little and trains so much.
could this be the way to fix my clients metabolism????
so aside from the doctor...im gonna reduce her cal a bit,and increase the cardio.
what about weight training?

I'm going to make a bold guess and say the problem is diet compliance. Very rarely is it thyroid or "lowered metabolism". Sure the metabolism may be messed up in some ways but not enough to not allow her to lose any weight. The fact that she used to be bulimic sets off the alarm for me. Quite possibly she binges but can't admit it.

If the problem is diet compliance it's going to be hard to fix it obviously.

There are a few cases of extremely rare genetic mutations found where all calories go to fat and fat loss is close to impossible but that's just very unlikely here.

Here's an example, most of the time the failure to lose weight is due to simply not eating as prescribed. It's mostly a psychological problem you could say.
Heymsfield SB et. al. Why do obese patients not lose more weight when treated with low-calorie diets? A mechanistic perspective. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007 Feb;85(2):346-54.

Maximal weight loss observed in low-calorie diet (LCD) studies tends to be small, and the mechanisms leading to this low treatment efficacy have not been clarified. Less-than-expected weight loss with LCDs can arise from an increase in fractional energy absorption (FEA), adaptations in energy expenditure, or incomplete patient diet adherence. We systematically reviewed studies of FEA and total energy expenditure (TEE) in obese patients undergoing weight loss with LCDs and in patients with reduced obesity (RO), respectively. This information was used to support an energy balance model that was then applied to examine patient adherence to prescribed LCD treatment programs. In the limited available literature, FEA was unchanged from baseline in short-term (<12 wk) treatment studies with LCDs; no long-term (>/=26 wk) studies were found. Review of doubly labeled water and respiratory chamber studies identified 10 reports of TEE in RO patients (n = 150) with long-term weight loss. These patients, who were weight stable, had a TEE almost identical to measured or predicted values in never-obese subjects (weighted mean difference: 1.3%; range: -1.7-8.5%). Modeling of energy balance, as supported by reviewed FEA and TEE studies, suggests that obese subjects participating in LCD programs have a weight loss less than half of that predicted. The small maximal weight loss observed with LCD treatments thus is likely not due to gastrointestinal adaptations but may be attributed, by deduction, to difficulties with patient adherence or, to a lesser degree, to metabolic adaptations induced by negative energy balance that are not captured by the current models.

yes definately it can hard to know 100% what they eat when ther're alone, BUT if we can rule this out, I get clients to get bloods, focusing on thyroid, liver function, GH and pituatary function, estrogen also will be a major one here.............

dont cut the cals, that will only slow her metab more. look to find the cause not just the symptom.
the 2 x 45min cardio sounds a good start.

As KillerStack said, you are more than likely dealing with someone diet cheating. Can't stop the closet eaters.

I would maybe try the 2X cardio like others have suggested and bump up her kcals with more protein. Try to jump start her metabolism by having her maybe have a few more protein shakes with water a day. She might be at a sticking point because her kcals are too low so shes holding on to what she wants to lose.

agree with that, if blood test are ok, I mean no thyroid or other horm.problems, than maybe the diet is not watched good enough. I would suggest SyntheBurn as a great as an excelent fat burner.

Hey Buddy

This I have had MYSELF!..I tried everything! Cardio 1.5 hours a day, CKD, Low Carbs, you name it!

Wouldnt shift!

Read up on

Insulin Resistance
Get a Full Blood Biochem done (think in US you guys call it Panel)
If its male, check for low test levels

J

+1 here

I'd say this person doesn't follow diet protocol correctly

even a person with hypothyroidism can lose weight with 1 hour of cardio every days

Since they're stuck, and not making progress anyhow, I'd suggest something drastic.

For 6-8 weeks, cut out the cardio, take cals to slightly above maintenance, and put them on a hypertrophy/strength oriented lifting program. Monitor them closely, make sure they don't go apeshit and eat Chinese buffet 3x/day, allow them to put on a little fat.

Why? If they're dieting for this long, they need a break. They need to let their hormones come back to normal, that's going to take a bit. If they're truly not cheating, then it sounds like their bodies are in "starvation mode", and hormone production is shut down.

A blood panel is ill-advised at this time. T-3 production, amongst others, is known to drop after dieting for a long period of time too strictly. So all a blood panel is going to do is reflect the fact they've been dieting strictly for too long.

A blood panel after 6-8 weeks break is advised. Then they should be back in homeostasis.

If that comes out normal, start them on dieting again. Plan on diet breaks periodically. Consider an ultra-strict (6-8 kcals/lb) ketogenic (ultra low carb, high protein) diet for 4 weeks, then a diet break.

I had a female client in the same boat. I told her to go and just get thyriod levels checked, she came back with an extremely underactive thyriod, almost zero. This is only one thing. You have no way to know if they are cheating on diet. They are already good at lieing about their eating disorders, so what stops them from hiding this from you? Are they holding water? puffy ankles and wrists? if so go the thyriod route. I agree with the two cardio sessions a day at 45 mins each. Have em lift heavy and keep protein right up, keep carbs medium to low and keep some good fat in the diet. Throw the cheat meal in every two weeks just to keep them sane. Good luck!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear