i grow like a weed on this routine
mon, chest
tue, back
wed, shoulders
thur, legs
fri, arms
weekend off

This is my same usual split. Love it. Beat results of any for me

Any of you guys tried training just 1 body part for each session?

I switched to this whilst competing because i was doing mon-wed-fri split up till about 7 weeks out and found i couldnt keep the intensity throughout the whole session

So a typical week would look like this for me

Sunday - Legs
Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Back
Wed - Off
Thurs - Arms
Fri - Shoulders
Saturday - Off

I found that i could easily finish a session with in about 35-45 minutes, and keep the intensity and strength pretty much all the way throughout the session, do you think this could work well off-season? I've always been a mon-wed-fri guy off-season, thought i could switch to this, so i can do more excercises for weaker bodyparts like my back and chest

That is very close to my exact split and I love it - have had really good results.

Sat - Chest
Sun - Back
Mon - Legs
Tues - Off
Wed - Shoulders
Thurs - Arms
Fri - Off

Not even cardio on off days during the offseason.

That is very close to my exact split and I love it - have had really good results.

Sat - Chest
Sun - Back
Mon - Legs
Tues - Off
Wed - Shoulders
Thurs - Arms
Fri - Off

I need at least one day between leg and back days.. I do dls in back day and squats on legs.. plus my back is always spent after back day. Back to back=dead ans weak lol

Sat - Chest
Sun - Back
Mon - Legs
Tues - Off
Wed - Shoulders
Thurs - Arms
Fri - Off

Have you still managed to gain decent mass? i guess im gonna give it a go and see what happens, im gonna try to keep cardio in atleast 20 minutes a day just for health purposes!

This is my same usual split. Love it. Beat results of any for me

you see biceps are worked twice, triceps are worked three times and it realy works well its the best split i ever done :headbang:

Ironman it wont let me quote you.. but, I never do cardio.. that could be why the 5 days work for me too. It may end up being too much with cardio in there but it can't hurt to try! I love m-f.. but 5 days with the rest days split is good too.. helps me get more sets and stimulation to each muscle through the week. I never grew much when I did 2-3 body parts on each workout.

Have you still managed to gain decent mass? i guess im gonna give it a go and see what happens, im gonna try to keep cardio in atleast 20 minutes a day just for health purposes!

6'4" 270 off season so I would say yes...

As someone else stated - bis, tris & shoulders actually get 2 workouts each, one direct and one indirect.

6'4" 270 off season so I would say yes...

As someone else stated - bis, tris & shoulders actually get 2 workouts each, one direct and one indirect.

Very true. If eating in a hefty bulk state, using AAS, and not destroying yourself on cardio I believe 5 days a week one bodypart each day really destroying the muscle is extremely optimal.. I love it

Curious, do any of you guys, when bulking heavy, on heavy compounds, and say igf of some sort.. ever go periods of a few weeks with no rest days? If recovery is phenomenal during this time have you ever tried to capitalize on it? Also with no cardio being done and weight sessions limited to an hour each day, it seems it would not cause overstraining and during a few weeks on igf etc seems like it would be beneficial.. anyone with experience on this? I know rest days are important and rest is when you grow, etc, just spitballing this and suggesting for az short period of 1-2 weeks when recovery would be through the roof..

Yes, this is one of the most intelligent and thought provoking posts in a long while. I say if you are recovering from ever session then the more you train the more muscle you will build. It's simple.

Yes, this is one of the most intelligent and thought provoking posts in a long while. I say if you are recovering from ever session then the more you train the more muscle you will build. It's simple.

Those were my thoughts on it.. I mean typically you need the rest, but during a small opening of say 3 weeks when running enough support as well as a growth factor as strong as igf def that shoots recovery sky high to which your muscles are recovered 10x the normal rate it seems like stimulating them faster and more often as long as resting each day with sufficient sleep and taking in massive calories that you would be able to capitalize on the small window and get more growth in the time frame than you would otherwise.. and then once off the igf or after a few weeks, resume normal training/rest days as you would at other times..

Thanks for the answers guys, i was definetely gonna give it a go off-season...once i've done competing i plan to cruise for 6-8 weeks to give my body a rest and then theres a 2 year off-season plan in which i plan to build some serious ass muscle...i see this split can definetely work, i never feel weak now...even 1 week out from competition my weights are still Ok-ish!

Thanks for the answers guys, i was definetely gonna give it a go off-season...once i've done competing i plan to cruise for 6-8 weeks to give my body a rest and then theres a 2 year off-season plan in which i plan to build some serious ass muscle...i see this split can definetely work, i never feel weak now...even 1 week out from competition my weights are still Ok-ish!

Awesome man.. I think you'll like it. When running an oral alongside other compounds onthe m-f split my big lifts increase ~10 lbs each week and I gain quality mass at the same time... I don't lose strength off the orals but I don't gain as fast either. Between orals strength usually maintains for a couple weeks then climbs slowly, but mass always rolls in.. I love the split for strength and size both.. only time I drop down to less is when I cut

Just from my experience, 4 days a week of training is good, if I'm recovering quickly due to aas and plenty of food and sleep, then 5 days a week is good. If you are training 5 days a week then I would personally keep the volume down a bit. I will admit though I struggle to take enough rest days while on cycle because I feel so damn good!

Just from my experience, 4 days a week of training is good, if I'm recovering quickly due to aas and plenty of food and sleep, then 5 days a week is good. If you are training 5 days a week then I would personally keep the volume down a bit. I will admit though I struggle to take enough rest days while on cycle because I feel so damn good!

Thanks for sharing bro.. I feel great on 5 days a week though, after the weekend off I am recovered as hell and ready to kill the week..

A few things:

If you look at a lot of the research compiled br Bryan Haycock for his Hypertrophy Specific Training system (HST), it indicates that muscle protein synthesis is optimally maintained w/ training roughly every 48 hours.

Also, if you read Rogozkin's Metabolism of Anabolic Androgenis Steroids he has demonstrated in multiple studies that muscular contraction upregulates androgen receptors. Given the timescale of androgen receptor function it is likely that more frequent training would increase responsiveness to AAS.

Now, HST hasn't produced any BB'ing champs that I know of and no actual studies have demonstrated greater skeletal muscle AAS response in human trainees with greater frequency training, but a lot of the science supports greater than once/week training frequency.

I started lifting seriously in the mid-90's when Dorian was king and the entire industry was preaching low volume/frequency/high-intensity training and huge calorie surpluses to build mass. That brand of training/diet got me nothing but a fat ass and a lot of injuries. I noticed much better results from training every bodypart twice/week.

In the end, I am sure recovery capacity and the precise stimulus needed to spur optimal growth have a large genetic component which means that people will have to control their diet/supplements and commit to experimenting with different protocols for months at a time to really determine what is best for themselves.

-zaosha

A few things:

If you look at a lot of the research compiled br Bryan Haycock for his Hypertrophy Specific Training system (HST), it indicates that muscle protein synthesis is optimally maintained w/ training roughly every 48 hours.

Also, if you read Rogozkin's Metabolism of Anabolic Androgenis Steroids he has demonstrated in multiple studies that muscular contraction upregulates androgen receptors. Given the timescale of androgen receptor function it is likely that more frequent training would increase responsiveness to AAS.

Now, HST hasn't produced any BB'ing champs that I know of and no actual studies have demonstrated greater skeletal muscle AAS response in human trainees with greater frequency training, but a lot of the science supports greater than once/week training frequency.

I started lifting seriously in the mid-90's when Dorian was king and the entire industry was preaching low volume/frequency/high-intensity training and huge calorie surpluses to build mass. That brand of training/diet got me nothing but a fat ass and a lot of injuries. I noticed much better results from training every bodypart twice/week.

In the end, I am sure recovery capacity and the precise stimulus needed to spur optimal growth have a large genetic component which means that people will have to control their diet/supplements and commit to experimenting with different protocols for months at a time to really determine what is best for themselves.

-zaosha

solid post

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member